Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

After a bit of a delay on Crunchyroll’s end we can finally get into this.

This week we properly bring Mayu and Yuki into the story as it turns out the former’s mom owns the latest incarnation of Pretty Holic (and is voiced by Homura from Madoka Magica), though it’s clear from the opening that Yuki’s the one that actually takes care of Mayu most of the time

Back with the Precure it seems that every new animal that returns to the Garden restores a bit of it (and there’s only 9 of them so we’re bound to get the real plot afterwards)

After blowing Mey off to be first in line at the new store Iroha formally meets Mayu while Yuki is having none of Komugi’s crap (and technically becomes the first of the main crew to actually punch something in this series)

A tanuki GaruGaru appears, the usual antics ensue, and the episode ends with Iroha striking up a friendship with Mayu (also Satoru seems to have taken on the role of Mey Mey’s therapist)

Next week is the debut of the Freindly Tact which hopefully will spice up the “fights” a bit more

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ever wonder what the OG Precure theme would sound like if it was the opening to a Showa robot anime sung by Ichiro Kageyama? Me either but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5NcUu-Dang

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

One of these days will get Jam project to do a song for a big final precure fight!

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Finished Hirogaru Sky. Overall I enjoyed it. It was a good balance of "classic" and "new" Precure elements without really reaching too far into both. I feel like the story lagged a bit in the second half and the ending seemed a bit rushed, but I'm not going to be that person who spends a long time bitching about a cartoon for preschoolers. It was a nice watch overall.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
been wishing for more of it.
but My Wife Could Be a Magical Girl managed to have some chapters out

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Back to Wonderful, it seems Satoru and Daifuku will be getting merch (which could indicate them eventually becoming our midseason Cures):

We’ve also got some new episode titles:

Ep 6: Komugi's Argument With Iroha

Ep 7: Our Friend Liberale!

Ep 8: Mayu's Exciting New Semester

Ep 9: Komugi Is A Middle School Student ~woof!

So Komugi will be going to school (somehow) and we’ve got a potential new character incoming.

This also confirms the core team won’t be fully assembled until we at least hit the double digits (which makes sense since Lillian and Nyammy’s merch isn’t due out until May)

Update: Apparently “Friend Liberale” isn’t a character but rather the name of Iroha and Komugi’s duo finisher

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 2, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Presenting: The most awkward exchange in Precure history

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Since Precure owes at least part of its existence to Dragon Ball and the director of Futari Wa (who could technically be considered the “father” of the franchise) also worked on the anime for the latter I’d say this news fits here:

https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

Akira Toriyama died yesterday at 68

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 8, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the Wonderful movie will be video game themed:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-tZdpaHmH0k

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1769152709163434214

Also we finally got the first appearance of a proper villain in tonight’s episode (and one of the Cures technically attacked something)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 17, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently another Doremi revival is on its way:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i3mzMFy3dBg

Anybody have more info on this?

Edit: Seems like it’s just a promotional video for the 25th anniversary and not an announcement of a new show or movie near as I can tell

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-03-25/magical-doremi-anime-25th-anniversary-video-teases-main-leads-now-grown-up/.209112

Edit2: During the event it was announced that there will be a new anime project, though the form it will take hasn't been decided yet

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 26, 2024

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nice! Ojamajo Doremi is a freakishly good series, and the follow on movie was a heck of a lot of feels.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Nice! Ojamajo Doremi is a freakishly good series, and the follow on movie was a heck of a lot of feels.

Looking For Doremi was good but it’d be nice if this new project was actually a proper sequel of some kind

Speaking of revivals, there hasn’t been any further word on the Symphogear movie yet has there?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nothing on it so far but I'm hoping it's an actual thing and not just a mention like the reported recent Nanoha project that just has been forgotten about

Anyway this week Komugi goes to school! I'm sure nothing silly will happen cause of it (Wonderful has been consistently fun even if it hasn't hit the highs of Hirogaru)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looking forward to that one if only to see how exactly they manage to enroll Komugi as a student.

The Precure portions are still a bit lackluster but the characters alone have been fun enough to keep me watching the current season. Also curious to know more about the wolf villain introduced two weeks ago and how the movie is going to handle the apparent video game theme (you can see a bunch of controllers and other gaming paraphernalia in the background of the poster and on the logo)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Wonderful, the full versions of the OP and ED are out now

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hNWDz0VKqsY

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ffng_PcytFg

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

The Doremi thing will presumably be an adaptation of the light novels set when they're older. Most of the scenes in the PV are just taken from the LN illustrations. Far as I can tell some people really like them and some people really don't lol. Having SatoJun/Nagamine/Umakoshi on the PV gives hope that they'll at least be able to bring back the original staff for the actual project, though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Like I said, getting some kind of proper continuation would be nice since the movie was more a celebration of the franchise’s overall impact (it was literally about some women who grew up with the series)

Do the LNs have enough content for a new show or is it more likely this project will probably be another movie or two?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

Like I said, getting some kind of proper continuation would be nice since the movie was more a celebration of the franchise’s overall impact (it was literally about some women who grew up with the series)

Do the LNs have enough content for a new show or is it more likely this project will probably be another movie or two?

Given there are literally 10 Volumes of LNs between 16 and 20's, I figure it's got enough content for a couple of seasons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note I’m curious when they’re going to give us details on the Symphogear movie, there was no announcement at AnimeJapan 2024 and the mobile game is pretty much dead now so I hope it doesn’t wind up getting abandoned like the Nanoha revival did

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And in Precure news, we’ll be getting the next Wonderful Cure in two weeks (with the fourth likely close behind)

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1775178919232364654

Ignore the date for episode 9, it’s confirmed to be a a misprint

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 6, 2024

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thanks to the fake mid-season leaks from Suite (and Doki Doki teasing Regina which I still haven't forgiven it for) I've come to only trust actual footage from toys!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, it’s surprising we’ve gotten very few Wonderful leaks so far (any other season and we would have known about the midseason addition a month or so ago). Maybe Toei/Bandai is finally getting smarter about that

Then again, the designs for all 4 main Cures leaked just a few days after the trademark dropped

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 7, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As for the show itself, I kind of wish Mayu and Yuki were the main protagonists honestly, nothing against the main duo but those two seem way more interesting/compelling. Also I get the feeling Yuki knows more than she’s letting on

It’s also interesting based on recent episode titles that they’re not bringing in Lilian immediately after Nyammy (in fact the description for 11 and the fact it’s a two parter makes me think even Mayu might not be aware of Yuki’s identity at first)

Also curious when the Big Blue Wolf from a few episodes ago is going to make his proper debut and if he’s the main villain or just working for them (maybe he’s the creature from next episode since they went out of their way not to show it in the preview

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A clearer image of Human Yuki has surfaced:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If anyone had been missing the physical combat aspect of the series lately, watch tonight’s Wonderful episode