Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Endorph posted:

pleiades is really really good and it's disappointing that people just call it a 'car ad show' when it's got really sweet characters and a great romance and the 'car ad' stuff is just 'the main girl is named subaru'

Wish Upon the Pleiades is one of my favorite shows (but please don't let a recommendation from reviled scum like me stop you from watching it). Other than their magic flying sticks looking similar to driveshafts, and the character Subaru's name, there is only about a one minute conversation with Subaru and her parents where her dad uses a car part analogy to make his point.

The animation is pretty drat good, and without spoiling too much, what they show in relation to astronomy was pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Larryb posted:

Off the subject but out of curiosity, is the live action adaption of Sailor Moon they made a while back any good?

I enjoyed it. There are a few changes in the story from the anime and manga, with a couple new supporting characters thrown in. The 'special effects' can sometimes be cheesy, but for live action they're pretty good. I plan on watching it again at some point.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Sakurazuka posted:

Watch the original, don't bother watching Crystal

Agreed. Crystal is an abomination.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Insurrectionist posted:

What I'm saying is we're all old fucks yelling at clouds in here even when we're right.

Those clouds need a good yellin' at.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Sakurazuka posted:

Marketing

First against the wall

This. So much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It's just baffling to see a company pull a product that's making money cause it's making money the wrong way. And US companies seem the worst for it, wheras Japanese companies (well more of the Otaku focused ones) can adapt and actually accept that the target market may be girls and be actually okay with it

I once worked for a U.S. company that sold rather custom software to a specific kind of customer (he said vaguely) around the world. The company did a reorg, and split the projects such that all projects selling to domestic customers were under one VP, and all the projects selling to overseas were under another VP. That was fine, except the project I was on sold to both domestic and overseas customers.

Did the VPs meet and decide based on sales which new section of the company the project could go under? Did they make a new company section for our little oddball project (that was bringing in 10% of revenue a year)? Did they flip a coin? Did they fight in Thunderdome?

No. No, they did not. They canceled the project, offered to sell the software code to each customer (half of them bought it, half didn't), and pissed off several national governments. The 30 or so of us IT people were gotten rid of, too, although most of us had bailed by that point, as we could see it coming. All because we didn't fit into the new org chart, and neither VP would let the other have it.

That company doesn't exist anymore. Death by teh dumb.