Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dehry posted:

Blue Reflection is very magical girl but won't satisfy someone looking for intense JRPG battles or dungeon crawling.

Does it basically work as a kind of budget, magical-girl-themed Persona 4 knockoff? People keep mentioning the social bits but I have no idea how big a percentage of the game they make up compared to the JRPG bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Allarion posted:

Cutscene-story social bits are 60% of the game, 20% dungeoning/boss fights, 20% free time social-linking is my guess based off of 4 chapters.

That seems alright. Guess I'll grab it when it goes cheap on Steam. Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
As a current-season rec, Urahara is fun, cute, and good, if not exactly ground-breaking so far.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

She's the best sailor scout for a reason.

This is Right And Correct Thought.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

What Precure should I watch first?

HeartCatch is one people rec a lot, ditto Go! Princess Precure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
StrikerS is good - the premise gets a little weird for a magical girl show, but tonally it doesn't at all feel out of place compared to the two previous series. Plus, it's nice seeing the characters being grown up, having jobs, and saving a child so they can adopt her and be her two gay mums.

Lyrical's animation looks kind of rear end but it's perfectly fine to watch if you don't mind the low budget (though the film covers 99% of the same plot beats with a much higher budget). The production quality for A's is much higher so you're fine just watching the series for that one, though it also has a recap film with a much higher animation budget if you want to check that out after watching the show. StrikerS never got a film.

There are also a couple of sports spinoffs: ViviD is magical girl MMA starring Nanoha and Fate's daughter, but ends abruptly halfway through a tournament arc with no resolution; and ViviD Strike is a sequel series with a completely different main cast that I couldn't give two shits about, so I dropped it halfway through.

Also, be aware that there shows add more and more bad bath scenes as they go on.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 19, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The scifi-ness of StrikerS is especially cool because it's all a completely normal extrapolation from the way we're told magic works five minutes into Lyrical.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I still find it amazing that Nanoha and Precure started airing the same year and both are getting movies that I really want to see this October

I stopped following the franchise after Strikers but before the Lyrical/A's films, what are they doing with the new films these days?

e; vv that sounds weird enough to be worth a watch, so I'll check it out. Thanks. :)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 21, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The film really just, does not beat around the bush about the relationship they end up in later, lol.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/bwf1iw.webm

I hadn't realised the Nanoha films had this much budget.

(Warning: lots of flashing lights.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's 100% part of the henshin so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/RDJlock/status/1058389360549158912

Posting this here too because it's good.