Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

I think they made a better dub a little while back but I think I heard somewhere that the original CCS dub was so hacked up that a lot of the fanbase basically considers it an entirely separate series (for one thing, they tried to pretend that Li was the star of the show in a halfassed attempt at making it appeal to boys).

I thought Cardcaptors was this cool Pokemon like show so I guess it worked. (I'm a cis woman though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

The teacher/student relationships in CCS haven't aged all that well. It's very 90s shoujo (see also Marmalade boy).

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

tbf its also just CLAMP. Clamp did all sorts of agegap in the 90s.

Marmalade Boy wasn't CLAMP I don't think.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chongy is a whole mood

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

macabresca posted:

Wow, Sailor Moon is so much gayer than I thought it'd be

My favourite story is how Japanese censorship accidentally made characters extra gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Donít think I heard that story, how so?

In the final arc some characters are women who crossdress as men. Well one of those characters gets all romantic with Usagi and the anime execs didn't like that. So they made the characters biological men who transform into girls to fight. Needless to say that awoke some people.