Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Madoka's dad being Darknest would be neat, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense since he has actually seen Lala and would 100% know she's Samanian. Probably. I don't remember if he's actually seen Lala, but I remember them having to hide Fuwa and Prunce from him.

The important part is, Lala decided to go to earth school and learn shapes and phonics, but Yuni has stayed true to just hanging out with earth cats all the time with no explanation.

And yeah, 39 was great. I have no idea what they'll do with Elena's Twinkle Imagination now, but we got another tenish episodes to go. They might just work it in fully with Tengu's redemption and have this episode just act as set up for it. They might do something similar with Madoka and Kappard since they're both like... pensive? I guess? Not sure how to describe it, but they have the most similar energy. Hikaru and Lala are too central to the plot to have their Twinkle Energy plot happen on the minor villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, not tipping his hand early would make sense too. I honestly don't know what to expect, my gut is saying it's not Madoka's dad but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

It's pretty wild that there's an official English release of Sailor Stars. The dubs of Dark Kingdom and Black Moon Clan arcs were pretty okay, I'd be interested in watching the rest.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Caithness posted:

Is twinkle imagination not what hikaru got when she beat kappard’s himenojou-Sakura-powered weapon? It sure looked similar, even if it wasn’t named at the time.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, if anyone’s looking for an alternative to the Anon subs for Star Twinkle (as it’s looking like Overtime may have dropped the series entirely at this point), a new group called AnonimOT has started working on the series from where they left off and have currently released episodes 33-36 (they also release full episodes rather than just sub files).

Do they call her Fuwa or Puff? This is crucial in my decision.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Fuwa, and Hikaru’s catchphrase is back to being “Twincool” rather than a whole lot of different versions. Basically it’s a scrub of the Anon subs to make things a little closer to Overtime’s translation style. Personally I don’t have a problem with the Anon subs but I was just throwing this out there as another option.

loving incredible, I'm sold.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The MHA dude also drew a lot of fan art of Precure in the past.

https://twitter.com/queuebae/status/735546108982657024

There's another of Cure Melody I can't find, but I remember it also being cool. Anyway, the HeroAca FakeCures are both my daughters now and I would do anything for them.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The designs feel really, really safe. Like it might change when we have better/full outfit shots, but I'm not super impressed. They're cute, but not that interesting to me.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Madoka is really well put together despite how hosed up the messaging in it is.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Holy poo poo, yeah. I'm really looking forward to watching it.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I'm doing my part!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If nothing else, it's absolutely gorgeous.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I wonder if the English dub of that movie will call them the Glitter Force.

Also, I was wondering why Milky never got her Twinkle Imaginiation thing, and realized I completely missed my favorite character's focus episode. Holy poo poo it got me crying.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

My Hero translating it's in Universe Precure clone team Glitter Force both was a localization choice I both loved and hated at the same time

There is a lot of chaotic energy to it that I admire, if nothing else.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

That all said, the ending of Star Twinkle’s penultimate episode sort of baffles me. Ophiuchus destroyed the entire universe without a second thought and they are willing to let her go, even when she doesn't intend to change her ways? She wasn’t really redeemed so much as she just decided to grant the universe a stay of execution with the stipulation that she’d be back the moment things went wrong. What's even weirder is that the Star Princesses actually wanted to regroup with her when just last episode they seemed hellbent on destroying her.

And I can't believe they gave up all their powers just to get Fuwa back (which sort of cheapens her sacrifice as well) when Yuni's planet still lies in shambles. Yes, I know Aiwan is going to find a way fix her mistake but they could literally do that with a mere thought. Not to mention, again, the Pretty Cure equivalent of Thanos is still lurking around.

That said, there are three major things I liked about this episode:

1: The final battle against Ophiuchus (they apparently brought in the same director from the movie for that scene and it shows)

2: The scene with the Precure floating in the void.

3: Hikaru and Lala’s goodbye (particularly when the translator suddenly broke down right in the middle of it)

Pretty much agreed. I didn't think I was that into this season, but the void scene made me cry like an idiot. Same with Lala's translator and her extending her thingies while trying her best to actually speak Japanese. Lala is one of my favorite Cures ever, I'm really sad to see her go. The absurd power levels the Cures got to where the 5 of them outrank 12 actual goddess by a large margin is really cool too. It's a pretty good not!finale. I know there's still one more episode, but this felt pretty conclusive, side from the Yuni stuff.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Lala and Hikaru deserve a happily married life

Quoting for the new page because it's the truth.

Star Twinkle was weird. It had a lot of really cool stuff to it, but something felt off about it the whole time that stopped me from being super in love. The cast was amazing, their stories felt real, the art was incredible, Fuwa's first form was the cutest fairy design in the series. It just feels less than the sum of its parts. I still haven't seen the movie, I keep meaning to watch it with my sister but we haven't gotten a chance to hang out recently. Maybe that'll make me feel stronger, but as of now it's pretty middling but I can't point out anything it did wrong.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

You say "The Hikaru and Lala Show" like that'd be a bad thing.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hina in Bang Dream says Lun a lot and the game translates as boppin

I thought that it's because they both have short greenish hair, but that's pretty cute too.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Only if Roselia gets to cover Where Courage is Born.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The premier was really cute. I have good feelings about this season.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think part of the feel of this episode can be explained by this too

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1226295092517974017

That is really heartbreaking. This show has a good vibe so far, I kinda hope it keeps up the more grounded tone.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, Fuwa 2 is a real downgrade. The design grew on me after a bit, but even then its kinda rough by comparison. Fuwa is the cutest mascot design in the series, it kinda sucks they changed it in every way except color scheme.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Did we ever find out what the red perfume did?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Out of the ones I've seen

Passion, Blossom, Beat, March, Sword, Lovely, Twinkle, Gelato, Etoile or Amour, Milky

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

I really love anime where characters have a variety of outfits. Idolmaster is an odd tangrnt but it really gets this, Shiny Colors releases a new casual outfit for the girls every time they get a new idol outfit too, and you get fun stuff like alternate hairstyles, etc. The girl with the dyejob even changes it up every now and then. I get that its work but it adds so much to the characters.

God, yeah. Love Live kinda does this too, but not as well.

Also agreeing with the consensus that Hinata owns. Star Twinkle good.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Does the guy from Fresh that sells donuts count? Because he loving owns.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, this is a very very bad timing. I'm kinda worried about the future of this season.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Then again, a hiatus like this to my knowledge has never happened before in the history of the franchise (or the SHT block in general for that matter), we’ll just have to see how this goes.

There's a lot of poo poo happening right now that's never happened before, to be fair. Regardless of whatever occurs from this point, what's already happened is definitely the kinda thing that'd make a show alter its plot significantly. I can see them figuring out what they have left in the budget/air time and working out how to make the general story they wanted to tell within the new consciousness around this stuff.

Also, this might sound dumb, but I feel like the seasonal story beats coincide with the seasons too much for me to want them to shift it for Healin' Good to get its full run. The summertime sixth ranger and my penultimate arc at Christmas time make PreCure feel like PreCure to me, you know?

Also also, if through some weird poo poo worst case sceario Healin' Good gets fully cancelled, I'm kinda interested in how the All Stars movies would handle it. Would the three from this show be there? Would whatever future one(s) that were planned leaked be there? Would they give Hugtto an extra year to be in All Stars movies if Healin' Goods can't make it? I have no clue, none of this matters, but I can't stop thinking about it.

blossommirage fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 21, 2020

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Oh yeah, cancellation seems super loving unlikely. It just sucks that this season might get severely hurt because the plot became real.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

So this got posted recently:

https://twitter.com/neotheyoshare/status/1261842882966679554

Though it should be noted that this specifically mentions merchandise (so maybe some toys or figures of the previous two seasons) so there’s no guarantee we’ll get a new dub out of this but it’s definitely progress at least.

Personally, in terms of marketability I think the best choice in regards to what to adapt next would probably be Go Princess (KiraKira could also potentially work). I also hope that under Hasbro they wouldn’t cut any episodes this time around (or anything particularly important at the very least). Though of course I also wouldn’t mind if they dropped the “Glitter Force” title and went back to calling it Pretty Cure.

Out of curiosity, has Hasbro ever dubbed an anime before?

They're in charge of Power Rangers now afaik, which seems more complicated than just outsourcing an anime dub to Bang Zoom or something.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1262834148886016000?s=20

Toei posts something about precure in the west. Someone asks for official releases over here. Toei links to CR Futari wa. History repeats itself.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I think a Precure RPG would be dope as hell but insanely unmarketable.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I wonder when it'll show up. If it shows up now, wouldn't that confirm it's a shortened season?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Tweet from CR tomorrow. "Good news, Pretty Cure fans! Every episode of the first season is available to watch on our website!"

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"We fixed the subs to correctly reflect that their names are Natalia Blackstone and Hannah Whitehouse."

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I never thought this would happen. Holy crap.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

And they said Avengers Infinity Wars was the greatest crossover in history...

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Started Heartcatch. Is this the kind of thread that enjoys live reactions?

Sidenote, I finally binged the She-Ra reboot and that was basically a western magical girl show and it ruled.

I am a billion percent here for live Heartcatch reactions.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Fairy poop forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Every time someone watches Heartcatch for the first time and gets to Cobraja, i desperately search for the Tumblr post that's just a Cobraja body pillow design with the text "Cobraja commissioned me for this". And every time I fail.