Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Interesting title for sure, it seems like the colors in the title are blue and red, so maybe two cures this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I completely forgot the Yes 5 girls were in it, and was very confused about why we were getting an all stars movie. Cute designs, though! Especially the healing animal buddies. I guess I dunno if that's consistent with the TV show, though, I fell super behind on Healin Good.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

We’ve never seen those designs before no, and you should get caught up as the show has recently started to get pretty good again.

I want to catch up on that and Digimon a lot. When Covid hit and stuff got delayed, I fell off both pretty hard.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I am an avid Hacha defender, but it has a lot of problems I think were outlined pretty well.

Hugttos first half is the best Precure has ever been, and as soon as they introduce the extra cures as cures and not just the best background characters, it tanks kinds hard.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

These designs are great, I'm looking forward to this!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I thought her civilian design wouldn't be as good, like with Akira, but I was wrong! They all look like fun characters, I'm excited.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

This sounds dope as hell, it feels like it's been awhile since we've had a dumb fun season. Could probably use it too. Cast sounds pretty cool as well, and Flamingo even has the same birthday as me, so that makes it even easier to say who my favorite character will probably be. Especially with the Jupiter vibes.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Looks cute!! Don't really get Smile vibes from that trailer, but it'll probably be fun.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I just couldn't deal with the themes in the current climate. Greatly looking forward to watching it in like five years, though.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The English language logos are neat. I remember using them to make new posters for my Plex server. Some of the translations are weird though. Witchy Pretty Cure...

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I always wondered how far in advance they planned each season. Like there were theories about what a school play in one season would be would end up being a hint towards next season or something? Or lyrics in the EDs? Super like tangential and probably a coincidence, but I always thought the idea was interesting.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I am posting for the 5,000th time that Regina is the best part of Doki Doki and should have been Ace and I will die angry about this.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Still haven't seen the new season, but I've watched this video enough times to make up the full run time so far.

https://twitter.com/kisekisymphony/status/1368804854710337536?s=19

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Forgot to post after watching the newest episode, but Asuka owns. I definitely see the Jupiter comparisons, at least like super early Jupiter. I really love this show so far, hope the quality keeps up past the intro arc.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Hasbro ignoring Glitter Force again... buncha butt holes.
https://mobile.twitter.com/tfw2005/status/1387097235784044553

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Heartcatch!!!! gently caress yeah, baby. Amazing content, 10/10.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, the colors feel flat.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The art style is really cute. Wonder why they're locking down so hard.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Wait, is Star Twinkle not streaming? That's the best one in the past four years.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Clearly they're making a second season of DeliPa.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

:emptyquote:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Haven't we had a cure named Tsubasa already? I feel like we have but I could also just be thinking of Symphogear.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Not entirely sure how you could have come to that conclusion, Precure is basically magical girl Super Sentai minus the giant robots

Except for that one episode of Smile. More Precure should have giant robot episodes.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

True, that was one of my top favorite episodes of any season (the volleyball episode of Healin Good is also up there along with the wig episode of Fresh and the Tropical Rouge episode that was just a bunch of shorts, Precure should go balls to the wall crazy like that more often honestly)

I don't know if anything will top that episode of Hugtto where Ruru and Emiru go on wacky adventures at the grocery store.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

We really didn't deserve Tropical Rouge. Laura was too good a character for us to handle.

Also ditto on starting with Heartcatch, it's my favorite season of Precure and a top 5 all time favorite anime. Can't recommend it enough.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Laura is definitely one of the best Mid-season cures ever and Tropical Rouge does a much better job balancing comedy/plot than Smile did

The lack of tracking filler episodes with literal in universe clocks helps a lot with that. I love Smile now for what it is, but a goddamn second filler clock showing up halfway through almost made me drop it at the time. It felt like such a step back after the story telling in Fresh, HC and Suite.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Precure Musou would absolutely own way too hard and destroy humanity, so unfortunately the devs are not interested.

I always wondered if a precure beat em up came out on the DS, if they would do a game over screen where you have to shout PURIKYUA GANBARE into the mic and move a miracle light around with the stylus to continue. I would probably do that.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Can we invite the Symphogear characters to a cross over Musou? I feel like they would be too over powered, but also it'd be rad as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

it hasn't been revealed yet

hoping it's the symphogear equivalent of Nanoha Strikers where Hibiki is succeeded by a new, gayer protagonist

I do not think it is sapphicly possible to be gayer than a Symphogear character. Their powers are fueled by singing songs about how much they love their wives.