Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

graybook posted:

Hello yes I'd be down for Symphogear and or wii cross chat

we can wii cross any time pal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

kyubeybryant posted:

Someone translated the first Yuki Yuna - Washio Sumi chapter movie, it's okay, much more focused on striking visuals than an eventful story, but the new magical girl transformations are a highlight:

I had no clue the BDs were being released so soon after their theatre showings. What a treat. The visuals in this are definitely gorgeous, and newcomer Gin has flaming axes and the good ol' "overcome it with GUTS" mentality. nice

https://u.nya.is/rtjdhk.webm

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tfw Nier Automata is over but you watch the YuYuYu movie and get to listen to more Keiichi Okabe because he's the series composer.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Pi pirupiru piru pi piru pi

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That sounds like a good dibs. How's the story? I heard it was pretty low-budget Gust as far as backdrops and settings and such, but the OST is win and if the chars are fun it seems like a winner.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I can't say I see anything there that is intrinsic to the Persona series but not to Gust JRPGs. I guess there seem to be girls doing navi work for your team?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tonight is Hina Logi night... but it's over... ;_;

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yes. subs not dubs

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOWcZiCAH4

here's the Magia Record transformations up to this month because Holy poo poo I Implore You, watch the transformations for the og meguca. they're all kind of similar in imagery to the rebellion henshin scenes but with less ballet and more Goddamn just look at Kyouko what a flaming badass, and mommy in casual clothes, er, Mami. same thing yeah

sayaka never

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Cephas posted:

If memory serves, for the broadcast run they didn't play the ending theme until the twist at the end of episode 3, like a "gotcha! you suckers are in for a bad time" reveal

the DVD/BD version should be playing Mata Ashita as the ED for eps 1/2, so the twist should still be there

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
There's a lot of kids shows with darker content. I watched Digimon Tamers as a smol. Whew. And Madoka's writer Urobuchi (he did Gaim, btw) has some pretty inspired plot points via Kamen Rider Ryuki, a kids show where basically everyone dies at some point.

Larryb posted:

Trick might be the wrong word but you can't deny that the opening seems to be advertising a very different show than what we actually get (also the fact that the title character doesn't actually transform until almost the very end of the series).

Depends on your preconceptions, perhaps. Do you mean the opening theme, Connect? Because I think there's a lot of emotional weight to the opening that reflects the burdens Madoka faces through its mood and visuals, and once you're into episode 10 you might notice that the lyrics can be read from the perspective of the show's deuteragonist.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

there's nothing girly about this show at all because it has blood and it's gritty and serious

I can't become a magical girl for cake!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
That'd be why I said as much.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
There are some new scenes, mostly in the second movie, and lots of dialogue is retaken for different wording or emotional punch (can you imagine Homura's delivery during emotional scenes being even Better? because it is). The OST is moved around heavily so song placement is totally different. The first movie loses a lot of content that can be seen as extraneous.

Everyone gets new transformations, Charlotte gets her own cool song that plays into movie three, and the the new opening Luminous has lots of imagery that is pertinent to the sequel. (っ´ω`(´ω`c)ルミナス

Since you just watched the TV series it might not interest you, but the movies definitely offer a new experience if you ever feel like rewatching the series later.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Problem is Yuki Yuna season 2 goes way down the Nationalism hole and borders into the suffering for suffering most late night Madoka clones go into.

I really did not like season 2 at all

sounds like a shame but i probably partially expected that and is part of why i was kind of hyped for s2 and then just didnt watch it

is there any cute heartwarming episode to watch like the episode where they teach karin what friends and birthdays are, surely there had to be some healing

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh yeah, for the record I watched Washio Sumi and mostly enjoyed kagawa life and "internet tabs: how to make friends, how to be sociable, history of the japanese empire" and Gin is a hero. the visceral brutality was thematically strong but maybe too effective in that I might not want to see the yuyuyus suffer more.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
these cures, i like these ones

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
making up for past regina/ace mistakes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Omnicrom posted:

I like that they are just running with the idea of her pretending to be human and hopping around.

i cannot stop cracking up at the flapping fish on land sound

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
my understanding: The cast (presumably through Laura) are invited to the Snow Kingdom for Queen Sharon's coronation. She and Laura had earlier exchanged vows to be slay queens together—Laura got a ring from the snow princess, presumably new toy thing(flashback). Cures are attacked and trapped in the kingdom by mysterious monsters. Precure have to save the frozen kingdom. Erika.

A good guess as to the plot you could extrapolate there is that the monsters come from the kingdom and the queen is wrapped up in something bad which is why the cures are 'trapped' in the kingdom. Her staff glows with the same hue as the jewels on the monsters' heads. There's also short comments by Sharon's seiyuu and the movie director that imply she's in a complicated situation so that would track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Nodosaur posted:

Maybe they'll let Mirai and Riko actually be gay at that timeslot.

i learned today they kissed in the manga (to transfer a potion)