Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Larryb posted:

True, this franchise does run into the Sentai problem where the leader/Red (or Pink in this case) is generally treated as more important than the rest of the team. In this case, Nagisa is my favorite character in Futari Wa so it didn't bother me quite as much but it is there.

i freaking hate that cliche so much. it's kind of why i stopped watching super sentai and watched kamen rider instead. the trope can be handled well but i hate it when characters are sidelined in favor of the leader or main character. then again blue and green magical girls/rangers tend to be my favorite characters. sixth rangers as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

am i the only one who isn't into sailor moon yet loves precure? (fresh being one of my favs).

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Larryb posted:

They should bring back black and white as potential color options (the former is literally just Nagisa at this point, hence why she's grouped in with the Pinks) and maybe try some new colors as well (Sentai has started to experiment a bit with that recently so why not this series). I forget, has there been a season yet where the Pink (or pink equivalent) is not the de facto leader?

not that I recall, unless you count the first two shows of the franchise. thing is it's been a tradition for awhile and breaking that could be considered risky. same applies to super sentai who tend to have the red ranger be the de facto leader. Honestly it would be cool If instead of pink, perhaps a blue or white leader could be the leaders. I'm just betting chances though. Sooooo....not gonna happen.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

I haven't watched the rest of hugatto and hearing all this stuff really makes me want to finish it. i rarely finish shows that tend to be 50 episodes in length but i guess this might be the first time doing this.

also is having two "pink" cures? i know power rangers/super sentai done this before but it's a pet peeve of mine with shows like these

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

what's your guys thoughts on the latest previews on star twinkle?