Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hi, I'm Yes_Cantaloupe, and I love magical girl anime. My favorites are Madoka Magica, Card Captor Sakura, and maybe Flip Flappers or Heartcatch Precure.

X

Sakura is the cutest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I will someday watch Wixoss, and Go Princess is the next longer show I'm going to watch - maybe after I finish Aikatsu Stars, maybe before I resume it.

On a related note, I feel like Aikatsu is pretty much honorary magical girl, there are cute girls, they transform and have stock "attacks," and it's highly episodic monster performance-of-the-week stuff.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The only part of SM that drags for me (for more than an episode, at least) is Supers. Pegasus is so lame, and there's so much Chibi focus, and it sucks.

Except for the episode where Minako goes on dates with two of the bad guys at the same place at the same time. That's probably my favorite SM episode period.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hime-chan's Ribbon is a cute magical girl show from the early '90s. It borrows a lot from the earlier seminal Himitsu no Akko-chan, and due to when it came out it was kind of overshadowed by Sailor Moon, but it's fun (though I never got around to watching the last several episodes).

Himeko is given the power to change her appearance to that of anyone else by her body double, the princess of the Magical Kingdom. She uses it for various reasons: to become the sister she idolizes, to help folks out, to get herself out of jams, etc. The stakes are usually pretty low, Himeko learns life lessons, has fun, and falls for the cute bad boy at her school. It's nice having a show where there's pretty much no fighting. It features boy idol powerhouse of yesteryear SMAP performing the OP and EDs, and they occasionally guest star as well (apparently there was a Hime-chan musical starring them as well??).

It's cute, check it out. There were subs out there back in the day, they're probably around somewhere.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

Sakura is cute!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched Hina Logi over the last week or so. It was a fun late-night SoL magical girl show with a very very gay penultimate episode. Also really good faces.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress I just started singing "kira kira purikyua" to myself to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/a3ga3ga3ga3g/status/918116488736686082

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Eela6 posted:

Should I watch:

Madoka
Flip-Flappers
or that Magical Boy Parody people mentioned in the chat thread?

yes

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/moonstoneR0630/status/992309370217160704