Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I've been half rear end posting on Twitter when I had something to say but holy poo poo, Hugtto is amazing! I do follow a couple of PreCure nerds so I got spoiled on Lulu and the sheer joy that is Lulu\Emiru but even that hasn't decreased how much I love this show. I'm also kinda digging the fact Henri is, at least fashion wise as far as I know, gender fluid as gently caress and doesn't care. It's a nice small thing.

I do plan on watching Heartcatch afterwards but I have a while to go. I'm still on like episode 19 of Hugtto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Pikestaff posted:

drat the last couple of episodes of Splash Star weren't messing around. Some absolutely brutal fight scenes plus a villain whose motivation is to just. Reverse entropy. Daaaamn.

Stop! Stop! You're gonna make me watch every drat Precure series at this rate :cry:

:sigh: gently caress it. I know I'm going to. I should just give in and do it. Any particular subs for each?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Ok. Reasons to watch Nanoha more: Beam spam, column sized beams. I think I need to find A's and maybe the movies.

I started watching Pretty Cure and the 1st episode alone is a good punch girl example. I've seen the suplex clip but real interested to see how the show goes for 50 episodes + Max Heart.

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 1, 2018

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Pikestaff posted:

I like Sailor Moon but I like Precure more. Something about it is just more fun to me and it's more grounded, avoiding some of the weird stuff present in SM like "oh hey your daughter from the future is here and apparently you're competing with her for her dad's affections." :confused:

That always felt kinda weird and creepy to me. Why is ChibiUsa tryin to snuggle up to her own dad? If I remember right, she knows who her parents are so just eww.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Finally watched Star Twinkle last night. I thought it was good. Maybe not as strong as Hugtto but the framework is there for a good series.

I really hope the singing doesn't happen for every transformation cause that'll get old quick. Maybe it'll be better once more join in?

Being a relative newcomer to the series despite kind of watching Futari wa on release for a few episodes, I'm just not feeling as sure as I did when I watched Hugtto.