Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Caved and bought the game, is the beta still gonna be open next weekend? since I am pretty busy till tax season ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Jack2142 posted:

Caved and bought the game, is the beta still gonna be open next weekend? since I am pretty busy till tax season ends.

I think it's open until release day

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Wooper posted:

The discord server didn't exist until 4 hours ago.

Instead of having a nice overview of all the games you are interested in playing you have to check each of a dozen of discord servers for all the games you play.

Never mind the fact that discord is strictly worse than mumble in every way.

Discord is the first almost decent VOIP client to exist, and a lot of people use it.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Does someone know a fix for why on insane graphic settings things still look blocky. My machine gun from tanks look like someone took a dashed highlighter.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

SoggyGravy posted:

Does someone know a fix for why on insane graphic settings things still look blocky. My machine gun from tanks look like someone took a dashed highlighter.

Shan Revan found that changing the unit scaling (gameplay) helped with this.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SoggyGravy posted:

You might say that looks, Insane!

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

Yeah, I'm having a tough time making infantry work considering that one vehicle can pin down an infantry squad and basically make it useless because the man-portable AT in this game is so short-ranged. I don't know how to do much besides park them in tree-lines or towns and hope for the best

Park them behind a LOS-cutting obstacle and only move up when enemy approaches your position? Requires a bit of recon to see when they're coming, of course.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so how effective is shouting ROMMEL WAS A WAR CRIMINAL into chat?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Agean90 posted:

Honestly it's maybe more effective now that it's not a cold war game.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Please remove this voice programs from the op and replace them with irc, which is the true chat client for real pc users

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Agean90 posted:

Are there people spouting Wehraboo stuff in the actual multiplayer?

I couldn't help but notice 2nd Panzer (Das Reich) isn't included in the game, or at least not in the official list that's circulating.

For those who haven't read Max Hasting's Das Reich or similar works, even by SS standards that unit were war criminal bastards.

On a more cheerful not, I lost my second game against the medium A.I., but it had to work for it this time and the game went the distance. I am now determined to beat the drat thing at least once before I do anything else.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Control Volume posted:

Please remove this voice programs from the op and replace them with irc, which is the true chat client for real pc users

Was hoping we could list our ICQ numbers tbh.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
my go-to allchat troll in the Wargame series was "Europe is the worlds worst country, u couldnt pay me money 2 live there" and usually got good results

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Third time was the charm, major victory with 10 minutes to go.

I'm really liking this, the AI is much more capable that the bag of rocks that was the Wargame series.

Roles are much more linearly defined and combined arms are absolutely necessary. High end tanks aren't so tough, Aircraft are less powerful.

For those having trouble with the medium AI, a solid defence with well positioned AT guns, covered with MG guns/squads is a good basis on which to build, it also lets you concentrate on pushing forward while your flanks are secure.

One of my 6 pounders in the game got 12 AFV kills.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Will command vehicles buff infantry and command infantry buff vehicles?

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I played for a few hours with goons and it was fun. All I did was take infantry-centric Scots Whatevers and fight over towns. I liked starting with a trio of light tanks and then mostly just infantry squads. Eventually I'd bring out some self-propelled heavy artillery and AA tanks and start shelling everything while soaking up all the damage with my infantry horde.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I wish Eugen got a 40k License. The scale and gameplay of this game would be perfect for a 40k game.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Will command vehicles buff infantry and command infantry buff vehicles?

It's a flat command bonus, not an armored etc command bonus.

I am kinda of stymied on this beta so far, cuz I think the factions are a little unbalanced. It's probably purposeful for play testing, but you have the generally weaker German paratroopers who's main claim to fame is THOUSANDS OF (lovely) MANS and the armored heavy, but only kicks off on phase B+ armor against the Scots with their unstoppable early ARVE and the Yanks with their "everything comes in a mechanized unit that has a machine gun that'll gently caress you up and even shoot planes!"

Hell, the two allied cards have the most potential to rush, even, what with both having mobile recon in phase a. And the US gets jeep spam on top of their nonsense. I don't think their overpowered by a long shot, but it feels like a weird set up that's strictly in the allies favor, just not overwhelmingly so.

ps wooper you are wrong and bad

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
At some point I will be back to make like 750 posts in this thread like ALB, but right now I'm playing too much Stellaris and Legion to get caught up. From the little I've played it feels extremely good though.

Soon, friends. Soon.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
For 3rd Armored, Stuart rushing seems to work pretty well.

There is not much that can slow down 3 Stuart's, a command Stuart and some recon early on. Bring a lightning to deal with any uncovered AT.

While they are galavanting around fill in key points behind them with infantry and AT guns.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Murgos posted:

For 3rd Armored, Stuart rushing seems to work pretty well.

There is not much that can slow down 3 Stuart's, a command Stuart and some recon early on. Bring a lightning to deal with any uncovered AT.

While they are galavanting around fill in key points behind them with infantry and AT guns.

You don't even need that; a stuart, probably a command one then a bunch of mech infantry and recon do the job cheaper and just as well.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Deptfordx posted:

I wish Eugen got a 40k License. The scale and gameplay of this game would be perfect for a 40k game.

poo poo people have been saying since EE

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, but that was more suited for the old Epic game. The scale for this one would work great for regular 40k.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Are there any good gameplay videos on twitch/youtube other than the official one?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

For people who are struggling with getting good range on units, one thing that isn't super obvious is that hedgerows don't block shots, but do block line of sight. If you have recon squads hidden in hedgerows ahead of your AT guns and tanks you will be able to fire on enemies that can't see you back (though you do get revealed when you fire).

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Thunderbolt is the best plane. That is all.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Are the planes with autocannons fighters? And to what extent are rockets and bombs good at killing tanks?

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

Are there any good gameplay videos on twitch/youtube other than the official one?

Tigga is streaming right now, I don't think he saves the videos though. Come watch!

https://www.twitch.tv/tigga_the_second

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Mukip posted:

Are the planes with autocannons fighters? And to what extent are rockets and bombs good at killing tanks?

I've only ever really seen bombs kill things, but the rockets are good for stunning.

Also, anything that isn't a pure bomber like the Ju88 can be used like a fighter in a pinch.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mukip posted:

Yea, you can see the intended primary role for any plane by the little icon on the unit card- pure fighters get a crosshair.
Light rockets and bombs are good primarily for stunning tanks, but heavier rockets and AT airplanes (just the HS129 at the moment) are definitely capable of getting kills.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011

Tulip posted:

Saucy Network (BoltSauce) seems to be good: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaucyNetwork/videos

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Xerxes17 posted:

I've only ever really seen bombs kill things, but the rockets are good for stunning.

Also, anything that isn't a pure bomber like the Ju88 can be used like a fighter in a pinch.
Remember that tank facing counts when you're rocketin' them.
Typhoons and Thunderbolts and murder most tanks with a side or rear shot.

Thunderbolts also have all those machineguns which means they can down pretty much any plane they catch unaware.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Deptfordx posted:

This, but Battletech

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Why not both?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hob_Gadling posted:

Tigga is streaming right now, I don't think he saves the videos though. Come watch!

https://www.twitch.tv/tigga_the_second

Psawhn posted:

Saucy Network (BoltSauce) seems to be good: https://www.youtube.com/user/SaucyNetwork/videos

Thanks for these! They got me to pull the trigger.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Tulip posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7zx_PZsrm0

This one is great too I think.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
So how does vehicle hp work now? Is it penetration -> kill now? Or is there some leeway?

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

RoyalScion posted:

So how does vehicle hp work now? Is it penetration -> kill now? Or is there some leeway?

I think penetration rolls for a crit, some of which can kill the unit, others do things like stun or detrack.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Finally won my first game against the Medium AI, after it had been kicking my rear end the first few games. I found rushing infantry/commanders to 3 key defensive spots on the 50% line on the left/centre/right then reinforcing them with machine guns and AT, then bringing up heavier equipment gave me the initial advantage I could use to hold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Can vehicle modifiers (crew evacuates, detracked, bung transmission etc.) be resolved, and if so how?