Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack2142 posted:

Actually the German Engineers learned from the Viking Masters of Sweden and the Artisan Smiths of Japan how to create the perfect steel by folding in a million times to create a tank impenetrable to the guns of the allies who had to cheat and use airplanes to destroy the Aryan Armor.

After playing as the Allies for hundreds of hours in COH2, which seems to have been made by people who unironically believe this post, I'm getting more and more tempted to pick this game up...

I bought Red Dragon ages ago, but found it impenetrable, so Normandy's focus on smaller decks and seperate phases sounds like something I could actually parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mazz posted:

What RTS games actually have the player numbers to be considered successful titles anymore? TW:W is the only game coming to mind besides Starcraft, and people don't stick with SC for the single player.

COH2 sold a few million and still has a lot of people playing it, while DOW3 languishes in its own poor decisions with less than 1/5 the daily playerbase of its "predecessor." Otherwise, uh, those AOE2 remasters did pretty gangbusters, thereby proving that RTS fans actually don't want anything new under the sun.

Oh yeah, Halo Wars 2 came out this year but only on the Windows store so I'd wager it didn't do so well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The greatest tragedy of the last 17 years is that Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak came out, got mismarketed by Gearbox, and failed to take off as a multiplayer RTS because I loved every drat thing about that game. :sigh:

Mordja fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 7, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Panzeh posted:

The full division rosters are on youtube now.

Where?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean it's not a popular game but it isn't like I've ever had trouble getting a match through the server browser. A few hundred people is still enough when most games max out at eight players.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I could never get into Wargame, just too daunting/confusing to me, plus the high lethality didn't help. I prefer SD44's division system because it give retards like myself some type of guideline.