Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Was he just in hover mode before the wall interrupted him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I like that without checking anything, I just know that's Javy.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

It's like the umpire is telling the catcher to stop messing around while simultaneously casting a spell to banish Javy.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Atomizer posted:

The catcher roll reminds me of that "cop breaking up the pool party and doing a barrel roll" thing from a couple years ago for some reason. Also, Javy is so much of a wizard I could totally imagine him pulling off a reverse slide IRL. :allears:

One detail (in the original GIF) I just noticed is the score ticking up in real time as soon as he crosses the plate. :shobon: I mean there's often a delay to them updating the details on the on-screen graphics, sometimes they screw up the balls/strike and/or the occupied bases, and I'd especially expect them to hold off on updating the score if a challenge seemed likely, but in this case the WGN guys were just like, "nope, game over, Cubs win!" :woop:

The score tick was delayed. That's Zobrist's run being counted when Javy hits the plate. 5-5 typically isn't a final score.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Inspector_666 posted:

Right but if the count is less than 2 strikes, isn't it just recorded as a swinging strike?

I'm pretty sure PB/WP can be recorded on any count.

quote:

I think it's scorer's discretion, like errors.

Yeah, it's basically "Did the pitcher throw so lovely the catcher didn't have a chance?" or "Did the catcher not do his job and corral a reasonable play?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Ginette Reno posted:

How is this a catch? I thought you had to use your hand or glove and using any other part of your body or equipment to catch a ball is not a catch? Shouldn't he have had to throw him out?

quote:

A catch is the act of a fielder in getting secure possession in his hand or glove of a ball in flight and firmly holding it; providing he does not use his cap, protector, pocket or any other part of his uniform in getting possession.

He didn't use his uniform, just his body. A later comment makes this more clear:

quote:

A catch is legal if the ball is finally held by any fielder, even though juggled, or held by another fielder before it touches the ground.

Cradling it in his arm is pretty much a juggle.

• Locked thread