Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CopperHound posted:

In which thread should I complain about spots that I want to hike/bike that are blocked by private property or freeways? I am probably too much of a bad/lazy poster to make a good OP.

Ooh, I would enjoy this. Talking about bandit/poaching/trespassing, and also working within the system to secure access. I would say don't worry about crafting a grand effort post, but up to you. (:justpost:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How do you enjoy hiking with your kid? On the one hand I'm sure it limits how much you can do, which maybe is sad. But on the other hand you get to teach them the important things, like which leaves make the best bum wipe. And get to experience the outside through new eyes again.

Not sure it's going to change much at this point, but maybe we should request they increase the time-to-archive in here. I've had the same experience of wanting to post but missed the window.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mayday trees are bad for the moose, don't plant them! There's some in the yard we just moved into, we should probably take em out :flame:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Money has directed the construction of an engineered world, and subjugated us all to it's singular purpose. Stepping out from the system renews the spirit. Moments of respite from the toil are available just out the door, no console purchase required. Of course money would have you believe otherwise (see the one remaining active thread on this forum), but the further out you go, the less you need. Take a hike!

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

according to ODNR, you're not allowed to camp off trail in state parks here, which seems like kind of a bummer.

Can you not hike places and throw up a tent anymore?

State parks in the farmland region seem to be more "heres a cool cliff with trees/old building/waterfall, we'll put a parking lot and outhouse by it." So camping wherever doesn't match what management is going for. That doesn't mean you have to drive to the UP to get off trail. West Virginia is closer, or if that's still too far just as close to the Ohio river as your driving range allows. Find the biggest green patches on the map and head that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
NEVER COTTON is like keep both hands on the wheel. Once you know what you are doing you can eat a burrito and drive :piss: