Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Post here if you are new, and let us know what your personal interests are! I'm hoping to do a reboot of this subforum, and all sorts of outdoor recreation, hobbies, and activities are welcome, not just hiking!

Personally, I am an avid hiker and backpacker, but I also adore snorkeling/freediving, landscape and wildlife photography, ecotourism and travel, and basically anything that gets me outdoors. I am also one of your idiot kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Iron Prince posted:

I found out about this place from the leper's colony. What's up?

Really? How?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:agreed: Take your book for a hike!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Combine logic and and instinct in the backcountry and you'll become invincible.

Just ask humanity. They've been in charge for so long.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

ate all the Oreos posted:

I'm not sure if this counts but I've discovered recently that I really like going for walks and just watching birds around my neighborhood as I do. We've got a lot of mockingbirds and doves and near my apartment is a big birdhouse apartment complex habitat for purple martins, and every single one of the nests is full of lil' baby peepers being adorable :kimchi:

It does, we've transformed into any and all outdoor pursuits. If you have any pics, post them in the Take a Photo thread!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

OSU_Matthew posted:

Awww, lookit you being an awesome parent! I wish my parents had turned me on to all this stuff and I didn't have to wait twenty years to discover how awesome the outdoors are

I have a friend with a baby and we've taken her out into the mountains several times for fun and photos. There's nothing quite like offroading on trails with a stroller. Totally worth it though. I don't have my own kid so I'm the crazy outdoorsy auntie forcing my wilderness lifestyle on hers.

Get all kids outdoors.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Carcamping in the mountains is what my husband and I do as a Saturday night date. Nothing like beers and smokies around a campfire until dawn to cement your relationship together forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yeah we're kind of slow moving here. Feel free to start any thread you want so long as it's generally outdoorsy.