Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

forkbucket posted:

My newcomer is my 2 year old son who loves hiking! He spends most of the hike being a wobbly babbling backpack weight, and the rest of his time is spent excitedly running around gathering rocks/sticks/pinecones and trying to lift big stones :3: It's pretty awesome.

Awww, lookit you being an awesome parent! I wish my parents had turned me on to all this stuff and I didn't have to wait twenty years to discover how awesome the outdoors are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

indyrenegade posted:

Hi! I love hiking. I'm also a photographer and carry a Canon AE-1 with me everywhere I go. I'm an amateur hiker who's never been particularly active before but I love being outdoors so hiking just clicks for me. Someday I want to go hike the heart of the AT; I live in the Maritime Plain section of it so there's some really nice hiking to be had out here.

Nice! If I can recommend two sections of the AT, check out Grayson Highlands, which is widey considered the most beautiful part of the AT, and then Three Ridges Wilderness, which is considered the most difficult section of the AT. Both are in Virginia and they're freaking awesome places!

What's the Maritime Plain section?

E: Visiting cool places is great for photography, I get the coolest shots with just my cellphone while backpacking :D

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 21, 2018