Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hi.

I've done a lot of stuff outside. I'm an Eagle Scout. More recently, I've done a little bit of (~120 miles in 10 days, so a super-relaxed pace) bikepacking in CO* and lots of shakedown rides in TX, quite a bit of 3 season backpacking, trekking and tourist-tier stuff, lots of bike commuting all over the US in all sorts of different weather except for deep-snow. I did some SCUBA as a teenager with the Boy Scouts back when the YMCA still did SCUBA certification.

Also I like Burning Man and other similarly related events.

I have a nearish-term goal (within about 5 years) to through-hike one of the big N/S trails in the US, like the AT or PCT. My motivation for doing the bikepacking was to see if that would be a more pleasant way to do a big through-hike. I'm still not quite sure what I prefer...

I've recently taken a liking to vegetarian cooking in the back country because meat is a heck of a lot more smellable and generally more compelling to all sorts of critters of all shapes and sizes, so more healthy (protein++) veg recipes for backpacking would be cool and good. Actually, iirc, nonfat dry milk is the only non-vegan thing I did on my last trip, apart from stopping for pizza and beer at almost every town I passed...

So yeah. That's all for now.

*bombing the 8 miles down from Loveland Pass to Keystone was one of the best things I've ever experienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU