Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

I'm saying that it's a lot easier to get one series right to get 40 points than it is to get 6 or 7 series right to get 35 points or w/e. This post is moot if there was a form that allowed us to pick round 2, the conference finals and stanley cup finals that I missed earlier.

It's also a lot easier to get zero points in the last round than it is in the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'm ok with my bracket being hosed up. :unsmith:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
come on Nashville - red X errbody!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

You gotta give the red xs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Dehumanize yourself and face to Red X.

Fleury needs to screw up just one more game so I can have a chance at getting PIT in 6 right.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dehumanize yourself and face to Red X.

Fleury needs to screw up just one more game so I can have a chance at getting PIT in 6 right.

How pessimistic of you. And that one more game bit is funny. We're not talking maf. We're talking playoff maf.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There will be blood.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GIVE ME THOSE RED XES

GET
THE
gently caress
IN

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nashville made sure nobody goes perfect.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hey I got a playoff series right, would ya look at that

e: lol like my entire bracket is gonna be wrong except for Pittsburgh. I might get some of the wins but none of the games right.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Powershift posted:

Nashville made sure nobody goes perfect.

Nashville may be the only team I correctly predicted in the West :(

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hockey is dead forever. I'll pay up in June (IE: When I get paid because I am also a loser)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Hockey is dead forever. I'll pay up in June (IE: When I get paid because I am also a loser)

You toxxed rhe hawks losing tho?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HootTheOwl posted:

HootTheOwl posted:

The Blackhawks are done :toxx:

You're safe.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Give me those red Xs for picking the Sharks in 6 and the Hawks. I'll gladly take them.

e:

Beautiful.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 21, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

you all lose nashville/chicago. go home

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Surprised that many people picked Anaheim to sweep. That's a weird prediction to make.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
They are really good. And Calgary is really.... um, a hockey team?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I gotta be honest, I haven't heard poo poo about Anaheim and i just kinda assumed they wound up on top of the pacific mostly by being the least bad

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

If I did my math right, I am sitting on 1 point so far.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Surprised that many people picked Anaheim to sweep. That's a weird prediction to make.

I assume they picked it because Calgary hasn't won in Anaheim in like 15 years or whatever.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

DJExile posted:

I gotta be honest, I haven't heard poo poo about Anaheim and i just kinda assumed they wound up on top of the pacific mostly by being the least bad

Yeah, I was thinking Carlyle + Fowler being out would be bad for them but I guess I overestimated Calgary.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Ginette Reno posted:

I picked them because I had flashbacks to the Anaheim/Detroit series that came the gently caress out of nowhere

+ Calgary goalies= no brainer

edit: and they haven't won in anaheim since they were in Atlanta or something

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I just figured they'd at least steal a game. My only non X'd series left are SJS-EDM and BOS-OTT aaaaand they're pretty much almost done now. :rip:

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

year 11 or so of me picking the rangers to win it all on the forums

western bracket looking real good so far

apologies to thufir and mich and t bird for doubting. i will break out the cane next round if needed, turn allen back into a pumpkin

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I figured I should pick at least one sweep and that seemed like the best option.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I took great pleasure in X'ing my son's bracket for our family pool.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

glynnenstein posted:

My first round picks are:

MTL in 6
BOS in 4
WAS in 6
CBJ in 7
NSH in 6
MIN in 5
CGY in 6
EDM in 7

Going with charity for the losers if I'm wrong on these:

:toxx: If Ottawa gets by Boston I will donate $20 to the fuckin Shawn Thornton Foundation. lol

:toxx: If Chicago knocks off Nashville I will donate $20 to the PK Subban Foundation to cheer him up.

:toxx: If Toronto beats the Caps I will donate $40 to the Kids on Ice program at the Ft Dupont Ice Arena to help restock the Caps with talent down the road. (Pretty sure that's how it works.)

lol. I was so loving wrong about this one.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I failed to account for the fact that Erik Karlsson is better than the 6 defensemen combined on Boston when predicting that series.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I'm glad to see the Red Xs are still happening. My legacy lives on.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Alright if TO gets knocked out tonight I will show what toxxs need to be filled and will open the floor to round 2 collection. If not then Tuesday after the game

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
3/8 in the first round. Roll tide

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I am 1/1 in predictions so far.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
6/8 and called two series, but man was I wrong about the two I got wrong (Chicago & Minnesota).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

4/8 so far (Blues, Ducks, Caps and Pens correctly predicted), 0/8 on games.

I can't believe I'm getting beat by a bot who went 6/8 and 3/8 on games (although it picked Flames in 4 which is hilarious).

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I went 3/8 in series (I got Caps, Pens, and Oilers right) and 0/8 on games. I can't wait for the avatar of shame!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

My predictions were as good as my posting.

They were poo poo.

I'll try to do a charity toxx for round two I guess, but if my round one predictions are anything to go by I'll need to eat ramen for a month to make up the loss.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I picked the series winner 6/8, and got the games right in 3/8.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Alright then, let's look at the toxxes for round 1.

bunnyofdoom posted:

My Toxx is as such.

Since I am prohibited from drinking for medical reasons until May 5th, on that day, I shall drink one beer for every game the sens lost.

(Not good enough?)

Real Toxx:

I will buy an avatar of whatever team knocks the sens out of the playoffs, which two special cases.
1. Should the leafs make it farther then the sens, then the avatar will instead be a leafs one
2. Should the sens win the cup, it will be a Karlsson and/or Anderson one.

(Also, for every round the sens make, I will donate $20 to the Canadian Cancer Society, with an additional $50 if they win the cup.)

EDIT: :toxx:

Alright, still not drinking, but Sens lost twice to the Bruins, therefore I will have to add 2 Sam Adams to the total.

As well, Sens, haven't been knocked out, and leafs have so clause 1 is not valid anymore, therefore, I either get a sens av, or whoever knocks em out.

As well, I ahve set aside $20 to donate, and iwll when the Sens run ends

all-Rush mixtape posted:

IMHO, the absolute, definitive ceiling the Maple Leafs will have this postseason is the ECF, and that's only if they get a point tomorrow. I have no delusion in thinking we'd get past against any team in the Metropolitan Division.

In fact, :toxx: if the Toronto Maple Leafs make the 2017 Stanley Cup Final, I will fly to Toronto from Austin to watch Games 4-7 (almost certainly at Maple Leaf Square) :toxx:

You're safe, so you won't get beaten on a united flight. Congrats.

glynnenstein posted:

My first round picks are:

MTL in 6
BOS in 4
WAS in 6
CBJ in 7
NSH in 6
MIN in 5
CGY in 6
EDM in 7

Going with charity for the losers if I'm wrong on these:

:toxx: If Ottawa gets by Boston I will donate $20 to the fuckin Shawn Thornton Foundation. lol

:toxx: If Chicago knocks off Nashville I will donate $20 to the PK Subban Foundation to cheer him up.

:toxx: If Toronto beats the Caps I will donate $40 to the Kids on Ice program at the Ft Dupont Ice Arena to help restock the Caps with talent down the road. (Pretty sure that's how it works.)

glynnenstein posted:

lol. I was so loving wrong about this one.

Our first completed toxx! Good on you!

fits posted:

:toxx: if the edmonton oilers win the stanley cup i will change john scott-tar into some sort of tbd hunter the lynx-tar

Well, 4/16 so dar.

HootTheOwl posted:

The Blackhawks are done :toxx:

As stated earlier, you're good.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

If Jake Allen has another 45+ saves in regulation against the Wild this playoff season I will purchase an allen shirsey, provided the blues win the series

Hmmmm, did you mean 45+ a game, or did you mean overall?

(Also April 16th he had 40, so you dodged a bullet there)

So, now get your round 2 toxxes in folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks bunnyofdoom for the help :unsmith:

• Locked thread