Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

EAST:
Habs d Rags in 7: Dis gon be gooooood. On exposed form, the Habs should win this. The margin is razor thin. Also by "Dis gon be gooooood" I meant, "this is going to be a snoozefest powered by impossible saves".
Sens d Bs in 6: I don't see the Bruins beating a fully fit Sens.

Caps d Leafs in 7: The Caps will jump out to a large lead, forget that it's a best of 7 and not show up for a few games before having someone yell it at them causing a domination in game 7, or a heartbreaking last minute win. Either way, the Caps are juuust bad enough to raise Leafs fans hopes while also being good enough to win the series even if they forget to play the first 3 games.
Pens d Jackets in 5: The Pens are scarry. I am scarried. I don't think the Jackets can compete if Pittsburgh is mostly fit. Which it's looking and sounding like they will be.

WEST:
Bhawks d Preds in 5: I don't see the chance for evil to be averted.
Blues d Wild in 7: I don't see the Wild winning this.

Ducks d Flames in 4: I don't see the Flames winning a game.
Oilers d Sharks in 5: Sharks look like an old, battered, bruised team. The Oilers seem really confident and aggressive and energised and synergistic.

Round 2
Habs d Sens in 7: Because I'm a homer. This series will feature a bullshit cheapshot that will generate waaaaay too much drama. Because it has to. Because it always does. If it happens to Carey, the Sens win. If it happens to Karlsson, the Habs win. If it happens to someone else, the Habs probably have the edge.
Pens d Caps in 7: Because you know this is going to be the round 2 matchup on the Metro side of the draw and you know this is going to be the score.

Bhawks d Blues in 6: This series will feature a bullshit goal that will lead to the collective hockey world realising "Oh god, it's happening again".
Ducks d Oilers in 5: something something Ducks playoff experience something something Oilers in southern california for most of the games something something gently caress Corey Perry.'

Conference Finals
Pens d Habs in 5: The Habs aren't good enough for a Pens/Habs matchup. Carey is good, but he's not that good.
Bhawks d Ducks in 6: Oh god it's definitely happening again. The Ducks don't have the Bruce Boudreau curse, so they won't even make it to 7.

Final
Pens/Hawks in "snooze, I'd rather watch F1 and Rugby than these teams duke it out": It'll be a good series, good hockey will get played, and two large media markets will get Gary his pay cheque. I just don't remotely care who wins.

NHL wouldn't accept my bracket, so here's my effort post explaining the most obvious playoff bracket for the 2016-2017 NHL season ever ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I picked the series winner 6/8, and got the games right in 3/8.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Caps in 7
Rags in 6
Thank you Based Perds in 6
Ducks in 5

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ooooh, second.
This is nice, I like this.

(Can we keep it like this, just pretend round 2 never happens?)

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

:toxx:
If Nashville wins the Stanley Cup, I will get a Bergevin/Subban Avatar, as well as text chosen by HAS and will keep it until either I can get my Habs sweater done up with 76 and Subban or I get given an avatar by someone or something else.
I live in Australia, so this might take a while.

• Locked thread