Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

HJB posted:

I think I've jinxed him, he's having a shocker. He's just about grinding his way to his first frame as I type.

And look what happened in the second session.

Major kudos to Yan Bingtao also, 6-3 down against Murphy and pulled it back to 9-8 before losing a black ball decider. A very credible showing for the first player born this century to play at the Crucible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Permission to say "Whoa, holy gently caress, Rory McLeod!"? Last time there was an upset this big was when Michael Wasley knocked out Ding Junhui in 2014, and while Ding was in form that year he wasn't the second favourite.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ronnie vs Murphy starts at 7pm UK (29 minutes hence).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Steve Davis has an amazing deadpan sense of humour, as evinced by his response to the Spitting Image 'Steve "Interesting" Davis' sketch. As I recall he bought the puppet when the show ended, too.

Murphy doing well in this frame, but I think he's up poo poo creek at this point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

And this is why we watch snooker.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Congratulations to Mark Selby on his third title.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Higgins getting to 5 would be nice, I think

It would, but I don't think it will happen. There's nobody left who I would dislike to see winning it, but Selby has oddly benefited from the tough top half of the draw as everyone else has beaten each other bloody.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

HappyCamperGL posted:

Selby only 7 - 10 down. I'd still make him favourite though.

Definitely. If it was 11-6 Higgins then I'd maybe call it even, but Selby is quite capable of re-enacting Hendry-White 1992.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

It has to be over now. Everything's in open play and Selby is leading. Great match from them both.

• Locked thread