Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Capsaicin posted:

Does this mean the best duo in WWE, hosts of Talking Smack Daniel Bryan and Renee Young are being split since Dean is going to Raw? :(

Also, I love Lance Storm's suggestion that the Drifter shouldn't be just on Raw but should just meander back and forth between Raw and SD.

FWIW on Twitter last night Renee was all "Yes I'm bummed that Dean is on Raw now, but duty calls, and I'm still on SD."

I feel like in their case it would be less of an issue than, for example, Naomi and Uso, just because I doubt Renee tours with the house shows so she'd be home for more of Dean's off-time. That being said, it's funny that they do this now, right after the Total Divas episode about the draft where she said "If Dean and I get split up, I'm taking some meetings."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol though at "good wrestler Charlotte" jesus did you even watch that match with Nia, it was one of the shittiest things I've ever seen. Alexa for Charlotte is trading down unless Emma is part of the deal

that match would've been ten times more hideous with alexa. nia jax is pretty bad and as much as alexa is great at her character she's not much better in the ring.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for Alexa and Sasha being the second coming of Bret and Shawn https://twitter.com/BloodFame_Rats/status/798995712289701889

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So, just as a topic of discussion: who on Smackdown are you most glad was sent over to Raw, who are you most glad stayed, and who do you wish had gone who stayed?

Also:

ShakeZula posted:

FWIW on Twitter last night Renee was all "Screw you Vince, I'm SmackDown LIIIIIIIIIIVE"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

that match would've been ten times more hideous with alexa. nia jax is pretty bad and as much as alexa is great at her character she's not much better in the ring.

It would be a lot sloppier, but without the big super visible moonsault botch.

Anyway Charlotte's not bad, but she's not good either. Better than Sasha at least.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 11, 2017

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hey nia dropped charlotte right on her head before then it was only fair

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The moonsault botch was on Nia not being in the right place to catch her in my opinion. I could see people saying Charlotte botched the jump though.

However, no one could claim that Charlotte being dropped on her head on the botched shoulder breaker was anyone's fault but Nia Jax's. She's trash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

hey nia dropped charlotte right on her head before then it was only fair

I think the moonsault was on Nia too. She was out of position, Charlotte's never done the moonsault to the barricade before.

That wouldn't be safe anyway, you could easily hit someone in the crowd that way.

I was just saying, some people see a match with a highly visible mistake as worse than one with a lot of little small ones or sloppiness to it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The moonsault was 50/50. Charlotte should have given her more time but Nia was nowhere near in position.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

thank god neither of them got hurt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Excited for Alexa and Sasha being the second coming of Bret and Shawn https://twitter.com/BloodFame_Rats/status/798995712289701889

You mention this all the time so what's the deal with it? What's Sasha's problem?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rovert posted:

Alexa and Nia where the best part of that segment and the crowd shitted on Sasha and Bayley. SMART CROWD!

Senerio posted:

So, just as a topic of discussion: who on Smackdown are you most glad was sent over to Raw, who are you most glad stayed, and who do you wish had gone who stayed?

Dean Ambrose, Wyatt.
A.J
Ziggler, JBL

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 11, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

Also:

No one really, AJ, and Ziggler I guess?

I'm apparently in the minority in hating the Dean move.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im not looking forward Sasha-Alexa or Bayley-Alexa.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Charlotte for Alexa is probably a smart move. Charlotte is better (though not great) in the ring, and Alexa is easily their best woman on the mic. RAW has more time for talking and Smackdown is more wrestling-oriented so.... I guess it makes sense, but I'm really going to miss Alexa on Smackdown. Hopefully RAW writing doesn't crush her, but at least for the time being we won't have Stephanie making GBS threads all over her while she's not allowed to talk back.

But no Alexa on Talking Smack :negative:

I think she's supposedly great friends with Nia (Rovert can you confirm?) so I'm happy for her in that sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Senerio posted:

Also:

Wyatt to Raw as the Orton feud killed him again.

Most glad AJ stayed so he can avoid terrible stories.

Saddest that Alexa left as she was about 50% of the reason I watch smackdown.

Wish Dolph had gone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They pretty much have to keep Charlotte and Alexa separate because all Alexa does is expose how bad Charlotte is in that role.

e: If Smackdown gets Owens, Zayn and adds rumored callup Almas, that's a hell of a roster of workers.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Almas please start Los Ingobernables de Smackdown Live! and piss off daniel bryan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's shat

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Almas going to Smackdown would be a dream come true if he gets to win and also stops wearing that hat

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Still laughing thinking about Braun returning for the third time to flip the god damned ambulance.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

Almas going to Smackdown would be a dream come true if he gets to win and also stops wearing that hat

ANDRADE "CIEN" ALMAS (now with new hat!)

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm really sad to see Alexa hate here. Charlotte in general is good, although her feud with Sasha was a bit crummy.

Alexa: Very good mic/promo skills, but needs work in her matches. At least she isn't Kelly Kelly or Bellas bad at wrestling. Looks like she gives a poo poo and is trying.
Charlotte: Very good wrestling skills, but needs work with her mic/promo skills. At least she isn't Nia Jax bad in her promos. Looks like she gives a poo poo and keeps trying.

Miz and Alexa were the 2 out of 3 of the most entertaining parts of Smackdown. Now I worry that Raw will ruin both and at the same time, and I'm mad that Smackdown is possibly no longer going to be a reliable A show. I never seen Shinsuke, but I'm curious to see how he turns out.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Gaz-L posted:

ANDRADE "CIEN" ALMAS (now with new hat!)

:vince: : New Hat!? Push that man to the moon!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

ijii posted:

I never seen Shinsuke, but I'm curious to see how he turns out.

Nakamura is a really bizarre and flamboyant wrestleman who just loving knees people to death, which sounds dumb but has somehow worked great everywhere he's done it. Being on Smackdown gives him a pretty good chance of not being totally wasted I think.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
The best part of RAW was Cole trying to use his hushed serious voice to tell us how hurt Roman was as the crowd sang "Hey Hey Hey Goodbye", forcing them to drown out the crowd by playing Gallows and Anderson's theme in the middle of Cole's serious moment.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

ijii posted:

I never seen Shinsuke, but I'm curious to see how he turns out.

Go watch his matches with Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 9, and AJ at Wrestle Kingdom 10 if you want to see his Japan stuff, or Sami Zayn at NXT San Antonio. He's one of the best in the world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave thought Bray going to Raw was a last minute decision. Styles was in the building

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave thought Bray going to Raw was a last minute decision. Styles was in the building

yikes

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am having a nightmare because JBL is probably going to be forced to wrestle now with this limited roster and he will probably be put into the next title match.

JBL vs AJ where JBL tucks his head on the styles clash is the best timeline imo

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hope Smackdown gets Emma and they let her shine

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm a fan of the ever evolving relationship of Corey Graves and Neville.

They started as a face tag team and became NXT tag champs. Then they split up, Graves turned heel and he ended up a commentator where he spent years stating that while they made for a decent team, he never actually liked Neville. Then Neville turned heel and Graves realized, "Wait, Neville's kind of great!" Now they're heel bros.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

There's zero actual rules about any of this; they can always find a reason to swap AJ within the next 3 months

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did Vince just call Bray at whatever house show they were on last night?

"BRAY, FIND A CAMERA, I NEED YOU TO CUT A QUICK PROMO ABOUT JOINING RAW. OH YEAH YOU ARE JOINING RAW SEE YOU MONDAY."

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
So after last week's boo-a-thon and Roman's "It's my yard now," I figured that WWE would finally lean Roman heel a little more, to at least work WITH the boos instead of against them. But Braun's destruction of Roman last night basically guarantees that they are doubling down AGAIN on him as a face. I cannot honestly believe that the WWE thinks that this would work to give him any sympathy. It really only served to get Braun more over as a face.

Basically, it may be the Big Dog's yard, but now it's Braun's Lawn.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Brock Lesnar makes a million dollars a month to work 12 days a year

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Uncle Ulty posted:

So after last week's boo-a-thon and Roman's "It's my yard now," I figured that WWE would finally lean Roman heel a little more, to at least work WITH the boos instead of against them. But Braun's destruction of Roman last night basically guarantees that they are doubling down AGAIN on him as a face. I cannot honestly believe that the WWE thinks that this would work to give him any sympathy. It really only served to get Braun more over as a face.
Someone brought it up elsewhere but I think they did this to shelve Reigns for a while to give some time for the negative heat to die down. And if we're lucky Braun will jump to SD

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Even if beating up Roman was supposed to be a heel act, flipping an ambulance is extremely impressive and cool, even if it is gimmicked, and they had to know that would make people like Braun more.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Had they done this anywhere else they may have gotten the reaction they wanted

But they did it at the first show at the new Coliseum in Long Island. There was no way they couldn't have seen the braun cheers coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are no more challenges worthy of Roman, so he goes into storage until the next Royal Rumble where they will bring back the 40 man version and Roman will win from #1.

• Locked thread