Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: How do I get the grub outside of the Pale Lady's hut? I can't find any hidden paths in the area.

IIRC the path to the white lady is at the top most part of the Queen's gardens. You need to backtrack and take the second top most path. On that route there should be a secret path in the ceiling that's slightly obscured by the overgrowth that will lead to the grub. Phone posting right now otherwise I'd screenshot it for you.

yergacheffe fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Just finished the white palace and now I'm at the black egg temple. Holy loving poo poo that was some kaizo mario romhack level bullshit. Anyone have any tips on fighting the true final boss because they murder me within seconds. I've got all charms and upgrades so if it's just a matter of get good then I may be hosed.

What worked for me was doing a more defensive build based around baldur shell, quick focus, the charm that gives longer invincibility time after getting hit, and one that gives more soul on attack. When things started getting hectic and I found myself in a spot with the invincible dash on cooldown, I'd just tank the hit with baldur shell instead. You can also consider getting hit by the spikes on the ground instead if you're gonna eat poo poo, since they only do half the damage compared to the other attacks. Heal up when it does the beam attack (step into the area where the second wave was and start healing) and be aware that the baldur shell does break eventually so try to use it as a last resort. Just like in the nightmare fights, the main thing is to survive and deal damage when the opportunity presents itself.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

skasion posted:

Yeah this game has a really impressive amount going on. I have like 60 hours in it at this point and I only just discovered that there's a hidden-ish passage from Fungal Wastes to Queen's Gardens with a trap floor that dumps you straight into Deepnest and a moss man preaching a sermon about the Radiance.

I had to look this up since I thought I knew what you were talking about except the moss men I found in the building were already dead by the time I got there. Guess I missed the sermon :(

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Wow I didn't know you could fit more charms in than you have notches by just mashing on the charm until you jam it in.