Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Just got the true ending for this game and I loved every minute of playing it. The world is massive and a ton of fun to explore. I loved stumbling into entirely new areas even late into the game.

The art and music are also fantastic and I especially liked the designs for a lot of the NPCs and bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I think one of my favorite things about this game is how much variety there is.

Basically every area has it's own set of unique enemies, even small hidden areas like the hive.

And when the game reuses enemies it sometimes does interesting things like the horrifying spider parasite corpses in Deepnest.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Also probably the most important thing to do is to upgrade your weapon at the blacksmith back down in the city.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Martman posted:

Y'all had me scared about the White Palace but yeah... comparisons to I Wanna Be the Guy and Super Meat Boy and stuff are not very accurate.

I actually was particularly confused by the place because it often seemed like the paths that let you skip a ton of the platforming were waaay more obvious to me than the actual intended paths. So I ended up looping back around and making sure I wasn't missing anything and just ended up minorly annoyed.

The white palace is obviously referencing Super Meat Boy but it's difficulty is probably around the light world hospital or salt factory so it's relatively easy compared to the later worlds or basically any of the dark world levels in SMB. Also yeah there are plenty of sequence breaks as well as the ability to bounce off spike/saw blades which makes you way more versatile than meat boy.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

It also feels like they made nail arts charge up faster.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

SirSamVimes posted:

Go sit at a bench and wait a bit.

In fact do this with every "pet" charm equipped.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Sock The Great posted:

What the gently caress the banker disappeared.

lol that wasn't a bank you were putting your money in

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Phenotype posted:

loving downstabs. I didn't think of that. :negative:

That probably makes it a lot easier... I was trying to dash over the thing and dash back to hit it and the timings are really tight if you do it that way. I didn't have too much trouble with the bosses I've faced so far, and I liked learning their patterns, I'm just wary of having old man reflexes. I'll have to give it another shot tomorrow.

Down stabbing is probably one of the most important things to learn in the game for combat. It's both a power defense and attack move since you can do a ton of damage while avoiding a lot of enemy attacks. It also allows you to get behind enemies really easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I love how the dream shield just deletes the mantis lords projectiles