Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I have been devouring this game (or has it been devouring....me?) and can't really tell how far in I am, but 2 things have been bugging me. (for reference, my most recent power up is the double jump, and I have been tasked with fighting the 3 dreamers)

- What are the rotten eggs, king idols, city crest etc. for? I thought I would have run into an NPC by now who would want something to do with any of them but have not had any luck. I feel like I am missing something obvious.

- There's a yellow, glowing orb that shows up when I pull out at least two of the area maps I have. Does this mean I have collected everything in that area?

really great game and wish I didn't sleep on it for so long. Has quickly risen up my favs for this year and probably all time and still feels like I have so much left to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
idk if it's The Big Platforming challenge in this game but I just finished the secret area in White Palace and that final fight they throw at the very end of the sequence where you can't really have any time to heal yourself is something else. I was one hit away from death and almost had to start over.... but ended up pulling through, definitely a top moment for me. I think calling it a Meat Boy-like sequence may be a bit much but it was definitely tough.

edit: and good

Metroixer fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 1, 2017

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
What do I need to pass the weird black shadowy barriers that I see everywhere? At this point I have gotten the bad ending just for the sake of it and cleared the white palace. I would have figured at this point I would have just stumbled into whatever upgrade/thing I needed. The only places I haven't been to (that I know of) are The Hive and wherever the Coliseum/challenge of fools is, I only know of those since I see people talking about them.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
i can't believe it did not cross my mind that the tram could go both ways. thanks!

edit: lol the trial of the fool is wild

Metroixer fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 2, 2017