Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Do I need some sort of ability to bounce of these purple mushrooms high enough to progress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mover posted:

Jump and then downward slash while in the air to bounce off of those.

You can also bounce off of enemies and spikes with good timing, which is needed for some platforming puzzles in a few places

I didn't even realize there was a down and upslash until I read this. Thanks.

Enjoying this game a lot other than my personal gripes with Metroidvanias, but it feels like it really took the kid gloves off rather suddenly. Was progressing fairly comfortably up until I hit Soul Sanctum and then I died a ton. Beat that, and now I'm dying a ton in Crystal Caves instead. I wanna just spend all this geo but I can't even find a stagecoach to leave this blasted place. What is it with crystal levels in video games always being annoying?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Cool, because this wasn't hard enough already.

Fortunately, being put into a bullshit situation is a good way to pressure yourself into pulling it off, albeit barely.

And then I had to do it again because I jumped into thorns nearby.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What am I supposed to do with all these rancid eggs?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Failed Champion supposed to be absurdly hard or am I just even worse than I thought?

Its the only boss I've run into where I have no clue how to even go about dodging all the stuff it throws at you.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 3, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

guppy posted:

You almost certainly know this, but just in case, it's one of the "Nightmare" bosses and you aren't supposed to beat it til endgame, and it's still supposed to be very hard.

I did not know this. I had just gotten the dream nail and went back to that place since I thought it might have a secret. And it did! The secret just destroyed me.

Probably would of helped if I had the dash i-frame upgrade. Abusing that has made a lot of problem enemies a lot easier.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 4, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

yergacheffe posted:

IIRC the path to the white lady is at the top most part of the Queen's gardens. You need to backtrack and take the second top most path. On that route there should be a secret path in the ceiling that's slightly obscured by the overgrowth that will lead to the grub. Phone posting right now otherwise I'd screenshot it for you.

I found it myself but thanks anyways. That was an awfully roundabout path.

I'm shocked by how big this world is for an indie game. I just now got the achievement for visiting every area. Granted I've been extremely thorough since I wanna 100% this. I think my favorite area was Deepnest. The atmosphere of that place is top notch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like that if you die to him he does exactly what you would expect to your shade.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Jesus christ why does this game turn into loving Super Meat Boy in one level? I didn't sign up for this :negative:

VVV I actually tried that and it didn't seem to work? It must have glitched out because when I got down to two HP the last crystal filled up completely but the first one was still shaking. Then when I got hit it took off both and killed me. I was using the blue blessing that gives you more health but no focus so maybe they interact in a weird way.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 6, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is the guy who wants all these relics? I'm close to beating the game and still haven't found his shop. I saw him outside by the statue once and he said to come to his shop but failed to mention where it is. I've looked all over the city so I must be missing some obvious spot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

skasion posted:

It's right above the simple-locked manhole (bughole?) to the sewers. There's a sign near there pointing towards it.

Welp. I'd feel worse about missing this if he gave anything other than geo which I had way more than I needed.

Finished the game with 94% completion and I got what I assume is the "good" ending. I wanted to get 100% without spoilers but I have no idea where the last few things I'm missing are. I'll come back at some later point and use a guide to find them.

So I didn't really have high expectations for this game. I never heard of it until I saw a "Hollow Knight 100% bosses no damage" video and for some reason skimmed it. I have no idea why since I usually ignore those. So I actually spoiled myself on some of the fights and that put me off the game* since the guy was so good I didn't appreciate how difficult that was. After hearing so much praise for the game though I decided to try it out and I'm glad I did. Its really loving good! Like, really! I don't normally enjoy 2D Metroidvania games that much but it was a blast to play and explore. Definitely recommending this to others since it needs more love.

I'm shocked by how good the design is. The only significant part of the game that I felt was awfully designed was White Palace. No idea what they were thinking there.

*the voice work being goofy as hell also made me wary. I guess its intentional to a degree but some of the bugs sound really stupid and annoying which doesn't mesh well with the tone to me. That might be a personal problem though.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 7, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I really love the arena in this game. Usually I never give a poo poo about arenas in games because they are :effort: but this one is awesome. I really love that the crowd actually reacts to the fight, it makes it so much more satisfying. I loved it so much I actually went back to the arena and am trying to beat it without taking damage. Managed the first trial, and almost got the second. The third...well, that probably isn't happening but a fool can dream.

Really I just want an excuse to keep playing. I wish this game had a NG+ mode so I could replay it with all these fun late game charms.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So how the gently caress did anyone figure out Mr. Mushroom without spoilers?

funktopus posted:

This game is unbelievably good and I had no idea I'd like it so much...
...but the Trial of Fools is ridiculous. Like, my hands were tired from all the jumping and dashing and poo poo. Plus I got some bullshit bug where the wizard bugs' shield orbs would remain after I killed them, which made dodging things in the last fights next to impossible.

The delicate flower quest was one thing, the (endgame area spoiler) White Palace was doable with some practice, but the last trial is kicking my rear end.

I'd love to know how some people approached (and beat) it.

That bug sucks, along with the performance issues when the arena is loading new waves, but other than that I loving loved it. Even if it took over an hour of dying to finally beat it. I'm pretty sure the set up I had was;

-Mark of Pride
-Shaman Stone
-Dream Wielder
-Sharp Shadow
-Defender's Crest :downs:

Basically, I spammed the magic missile a lot. With the shaman's stone it OHKOs a lot of enemies and can hit multiple targets. Sometimes an enemy will even get hit by it twice which barely anything survives. With Dream Wielder you can refill your soul against a lot of enemies when you learn the timing, which will also let you heal. So learning to abuse that will give you more missiles and more healing. Some enemies like the shield fools are super easy to farm soul off of and give you a ton of room to heal, so any wave that ends with them is a chance to refill to max.

Sharp Shadow I just used because its fun. Defender's crest is definitely not optimal but damage is damage. The proper choice would be to use Nailmaster's Glory. A charged swing with the fully upgraded nail will outright kill a lot of stuff, so once you know the waves you can camp a spawn with a charge slash for an easy kill. It goes without saying but make sure your nail is fully upgraded cause you don't need to beat this trial to max it out. Don't be a fool like me and do it without the maxed nail.

Also I'm not entirely sure but I think the glitch with the wizard bugs is caused by killing them right when they spawn. I never had it happen on one that was alive for a few seconds.

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

gently caress the White Palace. That was some mario romhack level bullshit. The trial of fools is manageable to a point. It's hard but it's combat and you actually have a say in it aside from "oh touched the edge of the spikes and spawned at the bottom of the room again, gently caress." That area actively soured me a bit on the rest of the game because it's like they completely forgot about basic loving level design principles and just tossed poo poo together like a third rate level designer.

As far as the colosseum of fools is concerned, max upgrades, all charms, use the stuff that makes you heal quick and gives you more soul.

That area is so poorly designed compared to the rest of the game. I just don't understand it. Why did they make such a plot important level into a Super Meat Boy nightmare?

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 9, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Here's the thing; this game doesn't sell itself as being an extremely difficult platformer. Yes, there are difficult platforming sections. However none of them go on for a long time. They are usually about a screen, at most, of hazards before you reach whatever optional reward you were going for. White Palace isn't like this. White Palace is like one of those sections but they make it go on forever. Its ridiculously long with very few checkpoints. Totally devoid of enemies so you don't even have fun combat sections to break up the repeated impaling. Its a total shift from the rest of the game which meshes the platforming and combat together pretty well. It feels more at home in Super Meat Boy than Hollow Knight.

I don't think it works thematically either. Lets just accept that this isn't an accurate representation of the White Palace and rather a mental defense created by the King. Fine, I can buy that. It even explains a bunch of the decorations being covered up because it implies the King is overcome with shame and his memory of the palace is warped by this.The problem is the game tries to make an atmosphere of melancholy with the sparse ornamentation and somber music. It works at first, but it falls apart once you reach these platforming sections. Cause from that point onward its an endless chorus of BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Any atmosphere the level has gets shredded on the buzzsaws like so many little bugs.

Knorth posted:

I kinda don't get calling it poorly designed, it was incredibly tight and acted as the perfect counter-part to the arena. One being about pushing the combat to it's limit and the other about the platforming. They'd teased you with moments of tricky platforming throughout the whole thing and this was the culmination of that

I don't agree with this. I think the arena tests your platforming too when it throws in sections with the spike floors and narrow walls. Its a much more elegant test of your skills than White Palace, as it doesn't throw away half the game to do so. It also helps that the game is straight up calling you a fool for attempting it, as opposed to White Palace being a plot critical area.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

plot critical is a weird synonym for "optional bonus super-hard area for completionists of an already difficult game"

Explain what's wrong with it. The player is gonna naturally be more inclined to clear the White Palace. Its tied to one of the most important story figured in the game and required for the true ending. You are naturally drawn towards clearing it. I sure was, it was one of the first places I went back too when I got the dream nail. Then when you can't break inside, the mystery about it only grows. You want to get in there and hopefully learn more about what is going on. Granted what you learn is probably something you already pieced together, but its still an important part of the plot.

Compare this to the arena that actively insults you for trying to beat it. The most important contribution the arena makes to the plot is concluding the story of Zote.

Knorth posted:

It's weird that people are so ready to tear the White Palace apart with these pretty nit-picky arguments just because they found the combat trials in the game more natural

Its almost like one of these is fun and the other isn't.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the max amount of focus you can get anyways? I know you need 1800 total but I ended up getting way more than that by defiling all the memories of ghosts across the land. Don't think it makes any difference though so I was just a jerk for nothing.

VVV You can get more than 2400 by eating all the ghosts scattered across the map. My file is at 2536 and I'd be surprised if I didn't miss some ghosts.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 17, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Knorth posted:

Huh maybe it's 2600 then I dunno

Try visiting the moth again now, there might just be more than you /need/ for her story

Moth is gone forever after you get 2400. There's no reason to get more after seeing that scene but I felt compelled to eat every ghost because it made my number bigger. After that speech the warrior moth gives I was honestly expecting the game to call me out on it. Its not like eating ghosts even provides a notable amount of focus. I think they all give only 1 each.

Dancer posted:

I distinctly remember reading a post on steam forums about someone having 260x soul. It's not a nice round number. They just made sure 2400 was feasible without having to hunt down individual ghosts and left it at that I think.

Which is smart from a game design standpoint for sure.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lets hang out posted:

i'm thinking the king took the whole palace and hid it in a dream and stuffed it with traps because he was that desperate to keep the infection away from him. the guy who buys relics talks about the place just disappearing at some point. :shrug:

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is mostly correct. However I also think that eventually he became overcome with shame and depression at his failure, which is why the White Palace is left as such a barren place. The King hid his palace inside the dream to escape the plague but became so disgusted with it that he tried to cover it all up.

quote:

anyway i think i mostly understand the story but i have one question: how did the character you play as wind up on the surface before the game started?

This is something I'd like an answer for as well. I have an answer for most big questions I had about the game but your starting position doesn't seem to make much sense.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
More black bars

I interpreted the vision you get in the void as being a collective memory of all the Hollow Knight's siblings. The Hollow Knight that sealed the Radiance was the only one the King allowed to leave the Abyss. The rest were locked away, being deemed failures. Which is why you get that scene where you get a glimpse of the King leaving with the Hollow Knight before your cast back into the darkness.

Obviously you got out though, as did many others. There's the Broken Vessel but also several corpses of Hollow Knights scattered throughout the world. Notably the Nosk's chamber has several strung up in the background. I still can't think of any indication as to how you got out of the Abyss though, which is sealed by the King's Mark. The only thing I can think of are those shadow vents you see across the world. There's clearly darkness seeping up through them, so they must be connected to the abyss. Those could just be a gameplay thing though.

Another thing I don't get is why stupid Zote looks so much like you when he can't possibly be related.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JuniperCake posted:

I think I remember that mentioned in some of the early dev stuff. He's supposed to be a lame version of the hero, played up for comic relief. So I think the visual stuff is just to show that he's a foil for the protagonist, and isn't for any lore reasons or anything like that.

At least he gets to live a happy life with someone who cares about him tho, good on Zote for never giving up. Makes me wonder what his quest was though. He mentions if he kills a thousand whatever maybe his dad would finally be proud of him. Probably a throw-away line but maybe his father was someone important in hollownest? He seems to have some reason to go there in particular.

Yeah he's obviously meant to be your "rival". Right after I made that post I thought maybe he's just a tiny garbage bug that dressed up as a Hollow Knight because he heard they were important legendary knights and was trying to imitate something he thought was badass.

Oh but his quest? Read his mind when he returns to Dirtmouth and you find out he didn't really have one. His quest was to fulfill a promise. The promise was one he made to himself to become a famous badass. So he went to Hallownest in search of glory cause that's what adventurers do. Zote is an idiot.

FutonForensic posted:

I think I went to Crystal Peak a little too early and got myself trapped. I don't have the lantern, and it seems like the only way back to the rest of the map is through a dark section that requires said lantern. That feels like a pretty huge oversight.

The dark passage is the only quick way back to the rest of the map. There are actually 3 other ways to reach other areas though, they just require exploring more Crystal Peak.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 22, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JuniperCake posted:

Ah okay. That makes sense as far as his "quest" goes.

He can't have mimiced the hollow knight on purpose though. I'm pretty sure the majority of the bugs have no idea who they are. If you dream nail the relic guy when he's at the hollow knight statue you'll see him wonder about why there is no mention of the knight's existence anywhere besides that fountain. So I doubt Zote has ever heard of them.

This is pretty much :speculate: but I'll post it anyways.

If there have been dozens, maybe even hundreds, of Hollow Knights then many of them probably left Hallownest. Presumably that is what your Knight did prior to the start of the game. There tiny murder machines so any that left probably got a reputation as being very powerful. Now nobody would know what they are called or what the gently caress they really are, but they all have the same general appearance that people could of been aware of, and Zote may have imitated that.

Alternatively Zote is a dumb joke that I'm putting far too much thought into.

JuniperCake posted:

To be fair, I don't think there is anything terribly distinctive about the main character's outfit in game. A lot of characters wear masks, and nails/cloaks are pretty common items. To most he probably looks like a stereotypical wanderer.

I was thinking the same thing but there aren't any characters that look like you other than Zote. All of the corpses and enemies you encounter that do are implied to be Hollow Knights. It'd fit in with Zote's character if his hand-made garbage gear was trying to copy someone far more important.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is the queen supposed to be the White Lady or the mantis corpse right outside her little abode? I thought that corpse was the queen and the White Lady was some demi-deity mold...thing. If that corpse isn't the queen then I have no clue why its in the game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there any way to keep the cute miner bug from going hollow?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't think it does. A bug's natural "face" looks like a mask in this game because they have exoskeletons, but some of them wear real masks over them. If every bug is wearing a mask and we never see their faces, that would mean Quirrel (or whatever the lance guys name is) is wearing two masks at the same time which would be pretty silly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oxxidation posted:

You can see what a bug's natural face looks like if you crack the Deepnest maskmaker's mask. They're a creepy bunch beneath those white faces!

I had no idea you could do this and looked at google for an image. Instead I got Hornet porn, so I'm not inclined to look anymore. Got a pic?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah this game is pretty much reliant on word of mouth to get attention. Which is a more viable strategy than its ever been thanks to streamers and youtubers but still not ideal.

I literally never heard of this game until I saw a youtube video of someone beating up all the bosses.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You can't get all the achievements in one run anyways so if you care about those you're already committed to multiple runs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where does Sack Bug show up after you talk to her in Dirthmouth anyways? I never found her after that.

Also letting Zote die is 100% the correct decision cause he's an rear end.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah, I'd like to see a video or a screenshot because I don't think it's possible either. That person's post was the first I've seen mentioned of it and I spent some time looking cause I wanted to find an alternative solution too.

You can save cloth from the lord, but to do it she cant be in the fight at all. So if you do the fight before building her courage up by talking to her in Basin/Deepnest then she won't be present for obvious reasons. Then after the Basin scene, she'll instead appear in village and talk to you once more before disappearing from the game entirely. She plans to march into the desolate plains beyond the howling cliffs, so it's likely she doesn't survive the journey anyways.

Oh well I guess that explains why I never saw her again after that village scene. I tried looking for her in the wastes but there wasn't anything. Not even a corpse.

Speaking of which, is Tiso's entire story him wanting to go the arena, getting to the arena, and then dying like a chump? There's a corpse in Kingdom's Edge that looks like him.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you're going to Deepnest make sure you have the lantern that can be bought from the merchant. Otherwise your life is going to be miserable. Deepnest is a dark, sprawling maze consisting of very narrow passages filled with aggressive enemies. It is extremely hostile.

Its also my favorite area in the game and I did it with only one nail upgrade so I recommend going there :)

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 29, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
No, but after beating him the first time he runs away. He can be fought again in a nearby area that requires the double jump upgrade to reach. There's no real reason to feel obligated to fight his second form anytime soon, or at all. Its just the same fight but sped up with more damage and all he guards is a mask shard.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SinineSiil posted:

I do have Crystal Dash, but somehow missed that upgrade. Is that on the far left side of Basin?

Yes. Have fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Just get the hiveblood charm before doing it. It sucks but it sucks a lot less when you effectively have infinite tries. Its not worth trying to do it "legit".

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Here's what I thought was going on, which might be wrong given how loving vague this game is but whatever.

The Wyrm created all bugs and civilization before passing away in typical creation myth fashion. Many civilizations have risen and fallen in the grounds of Hallownest, led by bugs that carried the mark of the Wyrm. One civilization was the moths. The moths were led by a ruler that passed away into the dream, but was still revered by the moths. But when the Pale King inherited the mark of the Wyrm and built a new civilization in Hallownest, the moths abandoned their old ruler to follow him. So the ruler became pissed and transformed into the Radiance and lashed out from the dream, corrupting the minds of bugs lured to its light.

skasion posted:

This is the biggest unanswered question in the game's plot imo, together with why the player character is where they are at the start of the game.

It didn't work because the Radiance existed in dreams, which the original Hollow Knight could not reach. It sealed away the Radiance by absorbing the light that was leaking from the dream world into reality, but without stopping the source it was just buying time. That's why the true ending requires you to enter the Dream and fight the Radiance directly, ending with it getting dragged down into the Abyss and completely consumed.

I have no clue why you start the game at the surface though.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 31, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I reread a bunch of dialogue to try and figure out what was going on exactly. Turns out I misinterpreted a bunch of stuff, but now I think I get it...mostly.

So there are these great beasts in the world known as wyrms. Wyrms are incredibly powerful, primal beings that seem to be a part of the world itself. When a wyrm dies it reincarnates in another form, and these forms have influenced the history of Hallownest for generations. The Pale King was one of the beings born from a wyrm, and I'm gonna assume the Radiance was as well. Mister Mushroom's dream poem implies that a lot of wyrms have led bug civilizations in their reincarnated forms, so those two are probably just the most recent.

The Radiance shaped the moths in its image and was worshiped by them. It created a civilization that was as grand as Hallownest itself, but eventually it faded away into the dream. The moths tried to keep its memory alive, but then the Pale King showed up and tried to make his own civilization. He tried to cover up all evidence of the past one to assert the dominance of his own. The moths began to worship him and forgot about the Radiance. The Radiance still existed in the dream though, got pissed off that nobody cared about it anymore, and started to infect everything with a plague that unified them under its light.

The Pale King tried to create the Hollow Knight's to seal it away but that plan did not work well in the long run, at least until the player showed up to fix everything.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Eopia posted:

So one thing that confuses me is what exactly caused Hallownest's fall? After the Hollow Knight sealed away the radiance for however long it was before the game starts, the civilization apparently lasted long enough for a statue to be built for it, yet somehow Hallownest fell and the White King pulled his palace into the dream world and died for some reason even though the Radiance was gone at the moment?

The original Hollow Knight was an imperfect vessel. Though it succeeded in sealing away the Radiance for a time, it eventually began to poison the minds of Hollownest's inhabitants from within the dream. The King tried to delay this further by convincing 3 powerful bugs to give up their physical forms and strengthen the seal as dreamers. Even that didn't work forever, and by the time you return to Hallownest the seal has weakened to the point where basically every creature's mind is infected, and soon the infection becomes physical as well. The King retreated into the dream because his plans had failed and he was overcome with grief and shame.

I originally thought this was because the Radiance would always break free without being defeated in the dream, but the game implies otherwise. The White Lady seems to think that you could serve as a perfect, permanent seal. The original Hollow Knight was imperfect and the Radiance was only able to leak out because of that.

"I implore you, usurp the Vessel. Its supposed strength was ill-judged. It was tarnished by an idea instilled. But you. You are free of such blemishes. You could contain that thing inside."

No idea what that is talking about.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is there any indication that the Radiance created any bugs other than the moths?

As for the White Lady, I think she's some another deity like power that intentionally restrained herself. I think she's a fungus, based on her appearance and ability to spread and reproduce without needing a partner. I think she restrained herself to control that desire because she likes the civilization created by the Wyrm (which is the Pale King) and wants to preserve. If she grew wild and consumed everything then the world would be much like one dominated by the Radiance.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
One of the reasons I thought she was a fungus is because my first thought on seeing her was that she looked a lot like rhizomorphs.

Which are growths produced by some fungus that, incidentally, perform the same function as roots do.

This admittedly might just be because I like thinking stuff in games might be inspired by actual biology :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So here's a question I have; everyone says Herrah made the bargain with the King because she wanted a child which would be hornet. But, doesn't she already have an entire family of spiders skittering about Deepnest? It certainly seems like they are her children, as she refers to them as her brood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

skasion posted:

Midwife implies that the spiders lost the ability to reproduce.

The fuuuuuuuuuck I can't believer there's another thing I completely missed in this game.