Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
I may just be bad at video games but is there a secret to beating the second arena fight, i need that pale ore for my final nail upgrade and I just keep getting owned by the time the big blue orb bugs start shooting me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Just finished the white palace and now I'm at the black egg temple. Holy loving poo poo that was some kaizo mario romhack level bullshit. Anyone have any tips on fighting the true final boss because they murder me within seconds. I've got all charms and upgrades so if it's just a matter of get good then I may be hosed.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
gently caress the White Palace. That was some mario romhack level bullshit. The trial of fools is manageable to a point. It's hard but it's combat and you actually have a say in it aside from "oh touched the edge of the spikes and spawned at the bottom of the room again, gently caress." That area actively soured me a bit on the rest of the game because it's like they completely forgot about basic loving level design principles and just tossed poo poo together like a third rate level designer.

As far as the colosseum of fools is concerned, max upgrades, all charms, use the stuff that makes you heal quick and gives you more soul.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
It just recwntly passed 100k copies sold iirc so it isn't doing half bad.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

SirSamVimes posted:

imo the White Palace is good.

Imo you're so wrong. White palace was too much of a jump in difficulty from everything else in the game. I think they took it way too far in terms of the sheer amount of stuff you had to deal with, and how punishing the "checkpoints" were. I would have really preferred more benches and not starting from the bottom of sawblade shaft again and again and again.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

ilmucche posted:

I think we've played this game very differently. I don't even know where kingdom's edge is, and I've got loads of movement options.

Go to the right. All the way to the right. In the flooded king's station, at the bottom right flooded station platform, you can swim through a hidden tunnel, follow that til you reach the new area.,

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

ilmucche posted:

I don't have swimming yet. Went back to check the areas I thought I'd cleared, so now I've just got to the area after mantis lords so I'm hoping I'll find it there :)

The area you have to swim through is not acidic. The hollow knight can swim in water in the city of tears without burning up, but the path you're on is a good start.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
So do you have to be on a new file to access this stuff because I loaded up my endgame one and zote is just kinda hanging out in dirtmouth.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Dog Kisser posted:

How can you use it to break sequence if you have to have been there to teleport back :psyduck:

I think he's more talking about srquence breaking through essence farming.

Edit: gently caress Dream Zote.

IBlameRoadSuess fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
Holy poo poo 3 damage a hit. gently caress you Dream Zote.