Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well I had intended to getting around to playing this game, but instead I'm stuck in an endless "preparing to launch Hollow Knight" loop that the only advice I can find regarding fixing it is reinstalling, which didn't work.
Setting it to the beta build, despite there not being any that I can tell seems to have fixed it.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

My solution to the 3rd arena challenge was mostly the hiveblood charm and just leaving one enemy alive at the end of a "wave" to regenerate my hitpoint if I was missing one.
Also, screw this flower quest, why is there an awkward spike jumping area literally right before the grave.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

They're used to make use of Confessor Jiji's service, or his steelsoul equivalent.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Great game, would recommend.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

From what I recall there's two initially available entrances to that zone, and they're both in fog canyon. Specifics, one's just above the banker and requires Isma's tear, while the other is by the overgrown mound with the shade cloak being necessary.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

My setup for the true final boss was quick focus, hiveblood and mark of pride, or fragile strength on my steelsoul run. I mostly just focused on dodging until the hiveblood heart refilled whenever I took damage, and quick focus let me charge 2 or 3 hp during each laser attack. Also mentioned is that the up spell hits it up to 3 times for good damage.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Toadsmash posted:

I think I left Zote to die by accident because I couldn't figure out how the hell to get to him at first and left the room and forgot about him in Deepnest? Oops. :haw:

Zote the Mighty doesn't need your help. He can only die if you leave him to be eaten by the vengefly king, he'll just be there grumbling until you rescue him in deepnest.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Man Pure Vessel is a loving miserable boss. So so so many hits due to the shade cloak not charging fast enough. Lots of fun getting hit when it uses the charge attack twice in a row.
Guess I gotta jump over everything.

What charm setups have people been using for the pantheons anyways, is what I've currently settled on while practicing the Pure Vessel. Maybe swap long nail for mark of pride so I can replace grubsong with shape of unn?

Einwand fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 29, 2018

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Chill Penguin posted:

Can someone give me a hint? I'm trying to find Monomon, not sure how to get there, or if I need the item that lets me go through acid?

You need that item you think you do. Have you fought the main boss of the sewers area yet?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Goddamn is the Pantheon of Hallownest miserable. 30+ minutes of fighting garbage weenies before you start getting to anything hard, I'd of liked it a lot more if it was smaller and only the hardest bosses/altered normal bosses. Fighting NKG and the Sisters of Battle is fun, fighting gruz mother and the false knight, not so much. Even the vague rng of Absolute Radiance would be drastically less terrible if getting back there didn't take around 40 minutes, even once you can reliably beat it in statue area.

At least I've ascended now and will never do so again.

Wound up using quick slash/unbreakable strength/mark of pride/shape of unn because trying to fight that final boss with hiveblood just did not work.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 30, 2018

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I assume that has to do with Hornet being made as a child for Herrah as part of the dreamer seal bargain vs the other void constructs.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Is the 5th pantheon with full bindings actually theoretically possible? The collector seems like it'd be practically impossible with the upgraded minions.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You can go get the king's brand as soon as you can get to kingdom's edge if you really wanted to, through sword pogoing.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

When you've encountered every boss shown on the door, the pantheon will unlock and let you enter. Pretty much just progress through the game and fight stuff until you can fight them again in a chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm extremely hype for more bugs. :shittydog:
Given how long they'd gone without talking about it I'm not too surprised to see it's becoming a full fledged sequel.