Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

loopsheloop posted:

Picked this back up after a few weeks and I'm not sure what to do next.

Any ideas? I've spend plenty of time in the waterway but I can't find the goddamn map guy.

Thanks!
Have you checked the map shop in Dirtmouth? If Cornifer already moved on from the waterway, you can buy the map there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Zaggitz posted:

So I got to 300 thanks to elder hu and went and explored kingdoms edge and found the coliseum. I also have two of the three nailmasters(Sheo and Oro). It's looking like my options now are either Deepnest or the Sewers. Can I get to the final nailmaster with what I have right now or should I pursue one of these two paths?
Since you've been in Kingdom's Edge, I assume you've been to King's Station? Unless there's a lock I'm forgetting, you should be able to head downward from City of Tears to reach Ancient Basin as well.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Any tips for the 2nd Hornet fight
My little bug rear end is getting handed to me.
I like to bring an area damage charm to help clear the little spikes. Defender's Crest, Spore Shroom, and/or Thorns of Agony would be good. Aside from that, I try to get to mid range where her attacks are easier to avoid. Take it slow and careful, only going for an attack when there's a clear opening. She's not too hard to dodge once you get a good read on the tells for each of her attacks.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Phenotype posted:

Rage-deleted this game just now. Just spent a half hour repeatedly dying and losing all my geo to the Massive Moss Charger in Greenpath, of all things. It only has two moves, and I simply don't have the reaction speed to deal with them. I don't know who decided it needed to have as much HP as it has, especially when it's so loving hard to hit the thing without getting creamed, but they're a goddamn rear end in a top hat.

Are there a lot of other bosses with timing challenges as tight as that one? Probably for the best if I quit now, I guess. I want to like this game so much. :(
My advice is that if you are getting frustrated by a boss, then don't fight it. Go do something else, and come back when you've got more upgrades and more experience. Also, try not to worry about losing geo. Unless you lose a huge amount, it's really a minor setback.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly struggle most with any boss that does 2x damage. Which is part of why I have so many issues with the guardian. Similarly, I’ve heard traitor lord is easy? I’m finding him extremely loving hard for the same reasons.

gently caress double damage though it’s a lovely gimmick that makes any boss fight completely unfun to me.
Traitor Lord used to be easy. Now he has new attacks, he attacks faster, and he does two masks of damage. He is a lot stronger than he was at release. One thing I did with the Traitor Lord (which is also useful for any difficult boss after getting the teleport ability) is place a teleport gate right outside the boss room. Then, I went and rested at a bench that was sitting next to a hot spring. That way you can easily refill your soul before each attempt against the boss.

If you get really frustrated though, you can beat him without learning to dodge if you use fragile/unbreakable strength, quickslash, and stalwart shell, and throw in some desolate dives for some free damage.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

I just beat Lost Kin in the Basin. Kinda of a bullshitty fight compared to Broken Vessel, but man Defenders Crest makes it manageable.

EDIT: Oh dang, using dreamgate costs essence?! :(

I mean I only used it like three times to play around with it but I wish I learned that sooner
Spending essence on dreamgate also doubles the odds of getting random essence drops from enemies. So, no reason to be shy about spending it. Even without that, you'll get way more essence than you need by fighting the dream warriors/bosses. The ability to warp is well worth it.

Wildtortilla, since there's a bench right there, you might as well just go grab your shade, then you can save and quit out to return safely to the bench. Alternatively, you could shoot the shade with magic to draw it out of the boss room before fighting it.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I think that is the one thing I really don't like about Hollow Knight. It's a huge game with tons of stuff to collect, with just a couple of little things that prevent you from getting everything on a single save file. With a game like this where collecting stuff is a big part of the experience, I feel like I should be able to eventually get everything if I want to.

Grimm Troupe is the biggest thing. I wanted the charm for banishing, so I did that. Now I miss out on the boss fight and I have to give up the Grimmchild. That annoys me. I'd rather let Zote die and have Bretta hanging around permanently, but I didn't want to miss out on that fight as well. Also, you eventually have to give up the Kingsoul, and there's no similar thing to replace it with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Okay but I think I only have one, Lifeblood Heart. What are the others?

EDIT: Nevermind I had the other charm. But it still isn't opening? The hell?
It's probably because you don't have enough masks. The blue lights will count your blue masks for you, so you can see exactly how many more you need. Joni's Blessing increases your health by 50%+1, and turns all health into lifeblood. Lifeblood Heart gives you a further two masks. Fragile Heart gives you two regular masks (meaning +3 blue masks with Joni's). If you stack all that and don't have enough lifeblood to open the door, you need to upgrade your health or collect some lifeblood from cocoons.