Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Game was great. No idea I was in for a big ride when I bought this. If I had to criticise I'd say that there are two notable issues. The first is the slow start. I didn't mind but your duder starts off with a kit that is slightly too basic.
The second is the fast travel system. The problem is how lopsided the stations are distributed, it feels like some areas were neglected.

Chard posted:

The second, faster Crystal Beam Guy can gently caress completely off.

Ensure your nail is as good as it can be. Load up on +blue hp charms, use the one that changes your regular hp into blues if you can. Add the ones that allow faster swing speed and make you stay in place after hitting something. Range upgrades are not needed here.

The idea is that you can't heal reliably so you may as well just berserker his rear end into the ground. Try to dodge a little but don't sweat getting hit. Just rage like crazy. It works!

There's more than one boss where this works on, including at least one of the dream variants. lost kin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think I did. I wasn't even aware you could miss it really. Sounds like a bug(:v:) to me there is nothing that indicates you need to do something special.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Knorth posted:

Oh no :( I hope people stumble across it Hornets hints are always so cryptic, I can definitely see why people wouldn't connect her ashy grave comment with Kingdoms Edge especially with the entrance being pretty hidden compared to Deepnest

It's been a litle while since I played, so I''m trying to retrace him I went through the game and might be off, but if it is true that the scene at Herrah will not play until you beat the second Hornet fight, that is an oversight imo. The way you go through the game makes you far more likely to encounter deepnest before you encounter Kingdoms Edge. Actually, can you even get into Kingdoms Edge without coming into contact with that zone? Any seasoned metroidvania player will usually not move out of a new zone until they're sure that they can not progress further in said zone.
I made an exception for Deepnest because A) I didn't want to go there. I just happened upon the place while I was exploring something else. B) I was saving the dreamers until I had nothing else left to do C) when I noticed Deepnests' traits I went "yeah no gently caress this poo poo we're saving this for last". Not even because of some phobia. I just don't dig(:v::v:) the tunnel-esque style.

e:

guppy posted:

You almost certainly know this, but just in case, it's one of the "Nightmare" bosses and you aren't supposed to beat it til endgame, and it's still supposed to be very hard.

Basically the mindset you should have with the optional dream bosses. Until the late late game there is always an upgrade to find in one shape or another.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Where is the guy who wants all these relics? I'm close to beating the game and still haven't found his shop. I saw him outside by the statue once and he said to come to his shop but failed to mention where it is. I've looked all over the city so I must be missing some obvious spot.

Yeah, you did. He's been accessible for ages to you. Near the statue, I think a screen to the left, there are some elevators. Go up one floor and go right. It's probably there. If not, check the rooms to the right of the statue.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think it depends on whether or not you played games like SMB and if you did, how you fared. It wasn't anything worse than what SMB would throw at you(it sure as gently caress isn't Kaizo) so if you got through that fine, the white palace is probably not the worst thing ever. It did, however, feel like a weird switch.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Inferior Third Season posted:

Hey George Lazenby. Really loved this game! Keep it up, and I hope to see more games from you guys in the future.

My only complaint is the lack of an option to set your own markers on the map. The map is just too big to keep every place in mind that you know you'll want to re-visit later when you unlock new abilities, especially if a few days or weeks go by between play sessions.

This is why I made screenshots like crazy. Steam is pretty handy like that!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Speaking of, is there any possibility that one of the content updates can include a "Hide UI" option? I'd love to get some desktop backgrounds out of some of the areas.

And if that is not possible alternatively I'd already be really down with City of Tear concept art for the same reason.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Highwang posted:

HEH.

Cash Scam

:shepface: ...what. I put as much money as I could in it and never returned because as it turned out, keeping your money wasn't as hard as I thought(or as required). This sounds hilarilious. If/when I play through the game again I will pay better attention to that place.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I just used whatever +blue hp charm I had on my and went ham on him. Works just as well!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Im currently replaying it all, and Cornifer doesn't appear to leave a card behind in that area. He hides behind a backdrop and there's not even any scattered paper leading up to him. He's just super spooked and can't wait to get out of there.

What's weird is that I can't recall my first entrance to deepnest being like it's going currently. This time I waltzed in through the mantis entrance, but on my first run I fell through some collapsible floor and could immediately leave the zone with an exit to the right. Can't seem to find this entrance this time!

E: found it. Was in a completely different zone than I thought. Must've gone through the game in a very different order last time.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 28, 2017

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

How did people find the new dlc content when it first came out? I would not have guessed the Grimm Troupe starting where it does. Did the devs inform everyone or do they just let people search/datamine?

Looking forward to the other content the developers are brewing.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

OzFactor posted:

Are any of them easier than the others? The only one I tried was the False Knight and I died in four seconds. Are they all going to be like this, where healing is just not going to happen?

I dont know exactly how many (and which) upgrades you got, but as long got the shadow/evasion upgrade for your dash and your nail near/at max level it should all be doable through charm choice and keeping at it.

The false knight is a solid example. He appears insurmountable at first but that's just appearances. I personally found Soul Tyrant harder. Lost Kin can be minced almost entirely through charms.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

canoshiz posted:

There's a cool cheesy thing you can do to make that fight a little bit easier. Don't read if you wanna do it 100% honest

You can climb up above the ceiling right before the Watcher Knight room and drop the chandelier to crush one of the knights before it reanimates to reduce the amount of knights you have to fight by 1

They already knew, as they mentioned it. And I can't see it as cheese when the dev adds it in like that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Bleck posted:

whhhhhHHHAT

They literally tell you this when you pick the challenge, no excuse there my goon.

The other challenges tell you what the reward is. That one tells you it is for "for the glory of being a fool" or somesuch. If you expect anything at this point, you're the titular fool.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So this is still free.... and after this still comes an even bigger one that will have a price no? I'm so in. These devs are cool.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I think I missed an announcement somewhere. I knew paid dlc was coming, with Hornet as the character, but not as a whole new sequel!

Looks like a day one purchase for me :)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Palace was great. Placing PoP as optional was a good choice tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

lets hang out posted:

hey what the gently caress was wrong with the people who made this game when they made markoth

You can easily get a good amount of heals in when they do the fast spinny shield thing.