Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bundt Cake posted:

arlovski v sylvia

That fight and Cote/Tito is what turned me hardcore. Weird to think loving Arlovski is the one who lasted the longest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'd appreciate someone able to link the fight, but Ben Saunders vs. Wolff is the fight I show people when they say, "So you did Muwe Thigh?"

It's one of the worst beatings I've ever seen. The receiver of the pain was tougher than a shoe.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Memento posted:

Fight is here:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/ben-saunders-vs-brandon-wolff-ufn-16

I haven't watched it yet so I'll give it a shot when I get a chance, cheers.

Tell us what you think and thanks for posting it. If you haven't seen that I want to hear an opinion.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Memento posted:

I finally got around to watching this, it honestly wasn't that much of a fight. It's like the dude that won was pretty one-dimensional, but that dimension was quite deep. Navy SEAL guy's deal seemed to be "be super tough and, umm, yeah". Kudos to him for stringing together a decent record prior to getting to the UFC but I'm guessing he never faced anyone who was good enough at one thing to inflict enough damage to him to stop him. I think he only lost by decision leading up to this; I wouldn't mind seeing some of those fights to see what sort of damage he was weathering.

Very cool. It's the fight I trot out when people ask about Muay Thai but know Anderson Silva. He kneed his head into some sort of Pete Sell thing. It was magic.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ben Saunders is a pretty good fighter despite being somewhat middle of the pack. That just kinda shows how out of his element SEAL guy was.

I was gobsmacked that he is still fighting. Other than people on the bellator legends circuit, he goes back.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What fight was the "break through" for Houston Alexander? I've been drawing a blank on that for a solid month.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unfunny Poster posted:

He KO'd Keith Jardine in his first UFC fight but I remember his next match after that with Alessio Sakara making everyone I knew go "OH poo poo HE'S FUN TO WATCH"

That may or may not have been the fight where Sakara rubbed blood from his head onto the referee so he could see when the referee checked him during one of the rounds.

I'm thinking of whichever fight he stormed around the ring afterwards and looked like he was about to kill everyone ever.

So probably both of those.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't see how you don't find that exhilirating.

Also

Mayweather/McGregor was fully refunded being perfectly fine on my end.

Was it a hundred bucks for you? These threads made me realise people around the world won't pay one hundred bucks to watch a fight at eight am.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This is a very helpful thread.

I also wish we would have someone post play by plays of each round in the GDT's too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

A more fun alternative would be the next day. someone who did not watch the card writes a play by play of the event based on the gdt posts.

I would love that too. But during all the humour of a GDT I would like to be able to follow along with what's actually happening.

I'm thinking back to the many times I wasn't able to get a card but was just as entertained by the threads.