Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I thought the Woodley/Thompson II fight wasn't awful. Just that both guys were super cautious because of the speed and timing of the other guy.

they are both among the best fighters on planet earth for sure.

that said it was an abortion. that loving second round where like, 6 strikes were thrown in total where all of them were partially blocked? no amount of 'but the meta game was just so fascinating to watch these two chess masters make moves so subtle that neither gains the advantage!!!' is going to work in this case. jack slack can write as many words as he likes about it, it was poo poo.

* jack slack wrote no words about it. he spent the entire article talking about the vannata fight. even jack slack, the most pretentious, verbose mma breakdown dude had literally nothing to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Who is Jack Slack?

he breaks down fights in his blog. he is generally very knowledgeable technically and if you're interested in really subtle details that contribute heavily towards a fight's outcome i'd recommend him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

A guy on over on /r/MMA made a pretty cool site to search for fights on Fightpass. Searchable by fighter, Finish, Year, Division. Way better than Fightpass' search

http://www.mmavideosearch.com

that's loving amazing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for great comeback fights?

This came to mind after I watched this fight - Dan Kelly v Antonio Carlos Junior: https://www.ufc.tv/video/dan-kelly-vs-antonio-carlos-junior-ufc-fight-night

Not a classic by any means but Kelly was getting clowned in the first round and came back strong to get the finish in the third .

please tell me you saw elkins vs bektic recently. it's one of the craziest things i've ever loving seen. also frankie edgar / gray maynard 2 and 3. silva / sonnen 1. lawler / manhoef. they're all classics though.

e: jds / stipe 1, jds / cain 1, 2 and 3 if you watch it all as one big fight, pat barry and cheick congo lol, one i wouldn't recommend watching because the fight itself isn't great but you have to understand what an insufferable prick jacob volkmann was but, green vs volkmann, fedor / randleman, akiyama / leben, loving rory and condit yeah.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 5, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Hendo vs Shogun 2

drat i forgot about that.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Yep I saw Elkins and Bektic, that was crazy and as improbable a comeback as you can see. Still can't believe it

yeah man that that didn't win fotn is an actual travesty and i believe it to be wrong. i mean, elkins still got a bonus, and lando / otherguy was pretty sick, but as a narrative that poo poo will go down in history and like 12 people will watch that lando fight again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo the meme guy vs lombard

e. magny / lombard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

There is nothing else on, so I will watch this, but this definitely lowers my enthusiasm for a sport that is pretty much completely reprehensible.