Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
After WWII NATO and the CIA entered into a joint operation establishing "stay behind networks" of small militias throughout all of Europe which in Italy was called Gladio. The idea was that should communists attempt to invade or overthrow democracies US led militias would alter things so the threat was nullified. In Belgium and Germany these types of operations have been linked to the notorious Brabant Maniacs who murdered indiscriminately in cold blood but were never captured. The CIA would later enact Gladio II in the Middle East during the 1990's

Idk how true that is. I'd like to hear what y'all believe too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

George H.W. Bush played a significant role in the assassination of JFK. afaik he's one of the few people who "can't recall" where they were or what they were doing when JFK was killed, despite being depositioned and under oath. the idea being HW Bush works for CIA, is integral to the plot to kill JFK, does so well he gets promoted to director, and the whole time he's cashing oil checks from his family relationship with the Saudis. Saudis want a return on their investment, HW becomes POTUS, attempts to dethrone Sadam, fails, and then later uses his family money & connections to get his son into the seat of POTUS so that he can stage Iraq 2 as a mea culpa to the Saudis for not deposing Sadam the first time.

Extremely lax and permissive gun control legislation, and all of the lobbying and capital that comes with it, does many things for the elites, and one unintended but happy coincidence is that it acts as a form of indirect population control for the proles. when was the last time that a Ferrari dealership was shot up, or some deranged dude took hostages at a private country club?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gladio is absolutely true.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Elliott Smith was murdered by his girlfriend, and the LAPD covered it up

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
The Green Revolution was orchestrated by the CIA and large Western businesses to quell global communist uprisings at the time and raise living conditions so starving farmers wouldn't overthrow Western-backed governments.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i like to call them little cumspiracies, and i

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Al! posted:

why though?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKF0IYwhrjk&t=6s

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I did 9/11

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

504 posted:

I did 9/11

hello mister president

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Last season of VEEP was a way to prepare people to accept a Hillary victory on the extremely unlikely chance that she tied with/ barely lost to Trump and had to get 270 electoral votes via parliamentary nonsense.

Turned out not to be necessary

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Freaking Crumbum posted:

George H.W. Bush played a significant role in the assassination of JFK. afaik he's one of the few people who "can't recall" where they were or what they were doing when JFK was killed, despite being depositioned and under oath. the idea being HW Bush works for CIA, is integral to the plot to kill JFK, does so well he gets promoted to director, and the whole time he's cashing oil checks from his family relationship with the Saudis. Saudis want a return on their investment, HW becomes POTUS, attempts to dethrone Sadam, fails, and then later uses his family money & connections to get his son into the seat of POTUS so that he can stage Iraq 2 as a mea culpa to the Saudis for not deposing Sadam the first time.

Extremely lax and permissive gun control legislation, and all of the lobbying and capital that comes with it, does many things for the elites, and one unintended but happy coincidence is that it acts as a form of indirect population control for the proles. when was the last time that a Ferrari dealership was shot up, or some deranged dude took hostages at a private country club?

Are you Trevor Moore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOUDoRmK_E

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

no but that's fuckin' awesome!

seriously though we can only hope that once the patriarch is dead, W and Jeb are too incompetent to keep the secret going and some kind of tell-all account comes out

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

hello mister president

That's MR mister president to you.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"its true, all of it" - adam curtis

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

that our politicians are actually competent and have a plan op.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Les Os posted:

why though?

She didn't like the overproduced orchestration in his later work and wanted him to go back to producing the soulful solo guitar work that we all fell in love with in the soundtrack to the critically acclaimed film Good Will Hunting.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Someone is making special jet fuel that can melt steel beams.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Stanley Kubrick directed Eyes Wide Shut on a soundstage.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the c.i.a killed norman kirk

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Gough Whitlam was booted due to CIA pressure on the Governor General to counteract left-wing policy.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Gough Whitlam was booted due to CIA pressure on the Governor General to counteract left-wing policy.

that one's actually true tho

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

the black pope in solomons temple

alien skeletons on the moon

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
The government controls the traffic lights

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trump is in the onset of degenerative neuropathy

cancelope
Sep 23, 2010

The cops want to search the train

Al! posted:

Elliott was being chased by HIllary's goons

quote:

His grasp of reality loosened by his near-constant narcotic intake and the vague abuse memories that tormented him, Smith grew increasingly paranoid. He was convinced he was being tailed by white vans. “I was seeing them, too,” says McConnell. “There were a lot of white vans when we were out or driving around.” To throw the white vans off his trail, Smith would often have whoever gave him a ride to Malibu drop him off at the bottom of the canyon. He would then scale the steep hill leading up to the house, hiking hundreds of yards through snake-infested thorn patches and scrub brush.

cancelope
Sep 23, 2010

The cops want to search the train
The notion of "wellness" was first pushed on people to sell them things; now it's being endorsed by governments to control people.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Fredrik1 posted:

The government controls the traffic lights

gently caress

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Russia was a test case for Stalker style societal control and once it was shown to work was enacted globally to allow the bildeberg group to control the world.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

George H Bush orchestrated the Iran Hostage Crisis so Carter would get dumpstered. Also the CIA killed MLK.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Potato Salad posted:

Trump is in the onset of degenerative neuropathy

I don't know if that's better or worse than him just being the most fantastically incompetent malcontent to ever hold the title of POTUS. like, even if he was entering the dementia stage of syphilis, it wouldn't make all of his tragic decisions any better

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Big Lurch was framed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Big jock knew

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Freaking Crumbum posted:

The CIA definitely had a role in the death of JFK. I highly recommend The Devil's Chessboard by David Talbot. https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Chessboard-Dulles-Americas-Government/dp/0062276166/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Big jock knew

They use heated balls to rig every champions league draw

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Alienwarehouse posted:

The CIA definitely had a role in the death of JFK. I highly recommend The Devil's Chessboard by David Talbot. https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Chessboard-Dulles-Americas-Government/dp/0062276166/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

dang man another book to throw on the pile of reading material for which i don't have time with a 2 year old kid running around. i'll put that next to A People's History and Nixon Agonistes on my reading list under the category of "god i wish i had more free-time to read all this stuff"

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Freaking Crumbum posted:

dang man another book to throw on the pile of reading material for which i don't have time with a 2 year old kid running around. i'll put that next to A People's History and Nixon Agonistes on my reading list under the category of "god i wish i had more free-time to read all this stuff"

Read them to your kid for a bedtime story. Get them woke early

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

resar posted:

Read them to your kid for a bedtime story. Get them woke early

Killing Hope by William Blum is also good for this

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cheney let 9/11 happen but no one actually orchestrated it

Adbot