Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the show is made!

It's fun to take part in the cycle of consumerism, and the products are cute too.
So here's a thread to post all the figures, model kits, body pillows, and other anime paraphernalia that you have, will have, or want.

Here's some figures:

Scale - Highly detailed, and highly expensive. Coming in all sorts of sizes from 1/8, to 1/4, to 1/1 (if you're crazy), these are what people think of when you say "anime figure".

Griffon 1/8 scale

Super Deformed - Things like nendoroids. Chibi and small, perfect for you're desk. Relatively cheap, which makes it easy to drown yourself in them.

Good Smile Company Nendoroid Petite

Jointed - Poseable figures. Generally won't be as detailed as an unposeable scale, and the joints can be unsightly. Nonetheless, playing around with them can bring it's own kind of fun.

Max Factory Figma

Useful Links
-Merch Database: http://myfigurecollection.net/
-GoodSmile: http://www.goodsmile.info/en/
-Amiami Store: http://www.amiami.com/
-Hobby Link Japan Store: https://hlj.com/
-A twitter feed for keeping up with all news - https://twitter.com/figsoku

It would take several thousand word guides to completely go over every single company, store, and product, so I won't do that. But feel free to ask any question.

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do doujs count

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I like to consume.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
it is a delicate balance between "i want this adorable merch" and "i sure do have a lot of these kinds of products already and where would i display this"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

it is a delicate balance between "i want this adorable merch" and "i sure do have a lot of these kinds of products already and where would i display this"

Same, but with less consideration towards the latter on my end.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

do doujs count

Anything except funko pops count

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I wished they kept making more of the Touhou figmas. I also have way more figmas then places to put them.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
One time I went out with a friend and I was looking over her shoulder at her tumblr dash on her phone and saw a nude rear end and I said "drat, that girl has a hot rear end" and then I looked closer and it was some naked japanese figure.

I was appropriately owned after that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nothing wrong with loving that sexy plastic rear end.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Still NRFB because I really don't really have a proper shrine shelf to place the statue and the card at the moment.

This is the only figure I have. I have a poster and a t-shirt but I'm pretty sure that's all pirate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have a couple gunpla shelves but not really any figures.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 13, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I have two gunpla and a couple mini-figures back home.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I have an unreasonable amount of robot models.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I like having all my junk strewn around the my desk, but with 5 nendoroids, 2 figmas, and a scale all coming in over the next two months ill probably need a shelf

Preorder collage I made some time ago:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
It must be nice... living in a world where your favorite character has a nendo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It must be nice... living in a world where your favorite character has a nendo.

Imagine if your favorite character is is Miku. You'll never run out of stuff

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I bought many things (mostly doujs) on my recent trip to Japan. I've posted these pics in a chat thread, I think, but I'm still very pleased, so sure, I'll repost.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I bought many things (mostly doujs) on my recent trip to Japan. I've posted these pics in a chat thread, I think, but I'm still very pleased, so sure, I'll repost.

I've always wanted that Popuko EDM shirt

News: The Kill la kill nendos are getting rereleased. The prices on those went up insanely high on the aftermarket so that's cool

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I have a few of these things.

Quickly I am eclipsing what can reasonably fit within the confines of an ikea cabinet. This goes without mentioning the boxes these things come in that I will eventually have to start throwing away.

El Burbo posted:

Imagine if your favorite character is is Miku. You'll never run out of stuff

I have been intentionally avoiding Miku stuff until I found one I couldn't do without. If you had told me my first Miku would be a racing Miku I'd have laughed at you, but then I saw and ordered this: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/321897

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nice figures but they would be a lot better with a liberal application of cum.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shere posted:

I have a few of these things.

Quickly I am eclipsing what can reasonably fit within the confines of an ikea cabinet. This goes without mentioning the boxes these things come in that I will eventually have to start throwing away.

I have been intentionally avoiding Miku stuff until I found one I couldn't do without. If you had told me my first Miku would be a racing Miku I'd have laughed at you, but then I saw and ordered this: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/321897

That's a detolf right? I need to get me one of those to fit all my Suikas and Tamamos (The upcoming nendoroid, the same casual clothes scale you have there, and soon, Berserker). That racing Miku looks good, I also considered it when it was first shown but my wallet won out.

Pewdiepie posted:

Don't cum on your figures, the stains will never come out...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Please don't post stuff like this here, thanks very much.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

El Burbo posted:

That's a detolf right? I need to get me one of those to fit all my Suikas and Tamamos (The upcoming nendoroid, the same casual clothes scale you have there, and soon, Berserker). That racing Miku looks good, I also considered it when it was first shown but my wallet won out.

Yeah, it's a Detolf lined with some LED strips that I also found at Ikea. It's an okay shelf, can't really beat it for the price.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Cool nendo is up for preorder

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

El Burbo posted:

want... but... I already have an amiami order for a Love Live figma the month prior, and idk if I can justify two months in a row...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't have a group pic of all the figs I have (surprise they're all johjoh) but you can have this old pic I took of Crazy D comforting an upset Josuke

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

El Burbo posted:

Sold! I've already got Tomoyo and Sakura so this will complete the set....until they release Yuuki or a big Keroberos :negative:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

want... but... I already have an amiami order for a Love Live figma the month prior, and idk if I can justify two months in a row...

Welcome to my world. I currently have an amiami order almost every month and I would have Love Live Sunshine figmas preordered if I wasn't behind on actually watching the season and therefore haven't become invested in them yet. The original 9 LL figmas killed me last year. Took over a year to collect them all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

Sold! I've already got Tomoyo and Sakura so this will complete the set....until they release Yuuki or a big Keroberos :negative:

Welcome to my world. I currently have an amiami order almost every month and I would have Love Live Sunshine figmas preordered if I wasn't behind on actually watching the season and therefore haven't become invested in them yet. The original 9 LL figmas killed me last year. Took over a year to collect them all.

poo poo, if I get Syaoran, I'll have to somehow acquire Sakura and Tomoyo...

I held myself to just Nico & Maki, and Sunshine-wise, just Dia, Riko, & Chika. I only have so much shelf space (and money). Also, you should watch Sunshine, it's good (a better anime than OG s1, for sure).

The NicoMaki figmas are perhaps my best fig purchases ever

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mm, I wish I had restraint. Big orders for the next 3 months. Though I can usually stop myself if the price is unreasonable like the new Samus figma

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nendo update: I ordered Yukari to go with the upcoming Reimu that I will also buy

Comes with lots of stuff and has a really subtle pink color I didn't notice in the promo shots. 5/5

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I am a terrible Figma fan. They're just really cool toys. Hey, I like that character, oh, there's a figma, five minutes later I've ordered the drat thing. I just have this awful collector bug. I'm a bit more picky about Nendoroids though, I only really get those if the style fits particularly well.

I like Revoltech things as well, got some cool robots too. And model stuff, although I have to stick to the easier ones like Pokemon. And speaking of Pokemon, a ton of plushies. I just really like them. Current fave is a big cuddly Slowpoke. Heck, plushies of all sorts of things from games and stuff, Monster Hunter monsters and the like. Also someone linked a Koromaru on Twitter the other day and I'd pre ordered one five minutes later.

e: ha, it just occurred to me that Saber is going to end up in the three figma club soon with Miku and Aigis. Hell, I've got four dang Mikus and that's just Figmas. Two Black Rock Shooters as well, now I think about it. It's me, I am the Miku fan. Thinking about it, my first ever anime merch thing was a Miku. Some character designs I just really like I guess. Got a whole bunch of Danboards and Nyanboards too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
ughh.

August -> September -> October

This does not make for easy importing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I bought a One Piece JEANS FREAK series figure last year to guard my workspace.

I also have this Trafalgar Law in storage somewhere. We just finished moving so I'll set him back up once we're done unpacking.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

ughh.

August -> September -> October

This does not make for easy importing.

My two latest preorders are spaced far apart, and fortunately for everything else I was able to combine them into one shipment.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
whoops

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It happens

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

May order

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Gonna be in NYC visiting folks who are thankfully degenerates like me. Hoping to pick up a CD or two, in particular that fhána single, Aozora no Rhapsody. What a nice jam.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Take a nendoroid from 2011, keep the mold exactly the same, add no new accessories, change the skin paint and add some flowers.

This poster gives it a thumbs down