Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I support Eccos decision to eat a bug; its the right call

post pics tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

tonight the bob and I were celebrating her birthday, I am a doof and I forgot all about it until maybe twenty minutes after I made the tox.

I made us dinner and I'm now baking a cake, I think there's a good chance I could get the PMs done in time, but I am prepared for my bugiful future.

:aaaaa: My best friend's birthday is also April 19th!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:aaaaa: My best friend's birthday is also April 19th!

bob's is actually tomorrow, we're only celebrating it tonight.

I do have a very good friend whose birthday was today, though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

bob's is actually tomorrow, we're only celebrating it tonight.

I do have a very good friend whose birthday was today, though.

your bug?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Unlock your game

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

Unlock your game

No I'm racing ecco to have role pm's written

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Birdstrike posted:

No I'm racing ecco to have role pm's written

If you lose will you eat the dingo or the baby?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Moatillata posted:

If you lose will you eat the dingo or the baby?

dingo after it's eaten the baby

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Its the Australian answer to the turducken

Im in love

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
also hot drat gis-ing turducken is nightmarish

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
meat is murder, also I had an ex who was very particular about the dingo-baby meme.

I am writing as quickly as I can. I BELIEVE IN ME.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am going to fail, alas. I will finish sometime shortly after midnight. Roles will be distributed before I go to bed, but not before 11:59.

Oh well! I guess it's bugtime 2017.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##eat bug

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
two hours later (oh if only I had remember bobsday...!)

Hooray! Everyone should have their role PMs; check your inboxes. Thank you for being patient with me!

Instead of saying some variation of "confirm" type the following sentence (capitalizing the first letter of each word):

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter.

For reference, all the role PMs look something like this:

A Sample Role PM posted:

Varinn - Valerie - Shareholder (town-aligned vanilla)
You are one of the owners of Murmur Twins & Co. Trading Coop.; the concept of partitioning ownership in a company into stocks is a relatively new phenomenon, but for you it's proved to be a very profitable one. MT&C has been a well-managed company since its founding, and the influx of capital from new shareholders like yourself has brought incredible prosperity to the plucky young firm. Its merchants now contract throughout the Morze to bring all sorts of goods to Porta Reginae: food, oil, wine, pottery, incense, gemstones, shoes and robes and hats and cloth. Had you told anyone a day ago that within 24 hours this would all become undone, you would have laughed in their faces.
How quickly our fortunes turn. Last night one of MT&C's directors was brutally murdered, and suddenly the entire company is reeling. The board called an emergency meeting of all the owners to discuss what had happened, and what pro-active steps they were doing to ensure MT&C stabilizes during this turbulent period. Unfortunately, it was a complete mess; it turns out the killer almost certainly came from within the company itself, meaning there was a good chance they were inside this hall with you right now. Furthermore, the board indicated that the constables believed the killer was not done, and would not rest until MT&C was gutted from the inside out. Finally, as if things couldn't get any worse, a sudden summer tempest has trapped you all in the inn with no escape. With a murderer (or murderers?) on the loose, you need to use every resource at your disposal to not bring yourselves to safety, but give those scofflaws what's coming to them.

You are a townie! You seek to rid Murmur Twins & Co. from the scum trying to destroy it from within, and as such you win when all scum players are eliminated. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no other exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Character names are generated randomly using various easy-to-find internet programs, as well as random Wikipedia articles and my own creativity.

Flips will look like this:

:s: Player Name, Character Name, Flavor Title (alignment-aligned role), died in a flavor-specific way. :s:

Example:

:s: Varinn, Valerie, Shareholder (town-aligned vanilla), was burned alive night 0. :s:

The game should be beginning shortly!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

(source)

The owners of Murmur Twins & Co. Trading Coop. gathered at the P&G Inn in Porta Reginae that afternoon. The murder of one of their owners has sent the company into a spiral, and it's not clear if they'll ever recover. It became clear during the initial investigation that the killer must have come from inside the company. Furthermore, other evidence the constables acquired suggested strongly that there would be more murders on the way - that the killers (plural) wouldn't rest until the entire cooperative was destroyed from the inside.
But who could do such a heinous thing?
This initial moment of fear and confusion was disturbed by a sudden crack of lighting. The light drizzle that had begun in the morning had by now turned into a massive summer storm. Winds were picking up quickly, and there would just be no way of predicting when it would end. Anyone leaving the inn now would be risking certain death. And yet, staying in the inn, trapped with killers and liars... was that any better?
Everyone returned to the meeting hall and proposed a Hangman committee - the two-dozen people in the inn would discuss among themselves who was most likely a killer, and under the most ancient and sacred of Arrentish laws, they could vote to put that suspect to death.
"All those in favor?"
A thunderous round of "aye."
"All those opposed? ... Then it's unanimous. Let the hunt begin. And may the Goddesses bless our souls."

:s: TaoJones, Iulius Pliny, Bombast (town-aligned doublevoter), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.
:h: With 24 alive it takes 13 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Monday, April 24th, ~11PM EDT. That's in five days.

Good luck!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's starting!

Hooray!

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

And now I'm off to work.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Anyone feeling lonely? :bigtran:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I understand that in all games i am always being owned by murmur twin

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its me glenda posted:

I understand that in all games i am always being owned by murmur twin

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
quote="Tired Moritz" post="471549395"]
[/quote]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote murmur twin

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

its me glenda posted:

##vote murmur twin

ahaha I never thought of this!

##vote MMT

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
quote="Birdstrike" post="471549816"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
##unvote

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

quote="this is a stickup" post="471550404"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Spoonsy the curse is real.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ernie. posted:

quote="this is a stickup" post="471550404"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

lmao look at this fool ##vote moat

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

quote="this is a stickup" post="471552193"]
[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

lmao look at this fool ##vote moat
[/quote]

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Ernie. posted:

quote="this is a stickup" post="471552193"]
[/quote
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote
[/quote]

lmao look at this fool ##vote sticky
[/quote]
[/quote

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You all should heed my warning about Spoonsy.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi hello, that's omgus

I am the omgus police and that scum is omgusing me, help

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Morning guys

I may be cursed. I may not be. All I know is that it's warm enough to not need to wear leather gloves today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

hi hello, that's omgus

I am the omgus police and that scum is omgusing me, help

Its not if u actually suck