Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well, considering he claimed vanilla town last time and he wasn't, it seemed like an unreliable thing to say.

But really I didn't put that much thought into what I was saying. I was just being combative and irreverent as I had been throughout my other two posts up to that point. But you're free to look into it as much as you want.

I'm not sure I follow this. Pmom apparently does the VT claim every game to the point that it's a very familiar thing for many people; and if he was a doctor in that other game, then...it's not "unreliable" for him to have claimed VT, because what was he supposed to do, claim doctor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quandary posted:

100yrs is probably not scum

you probably are though

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

tpink posted:

I'm not sure I follow this. Pmom apparently does the VT claim every game to the point that it's a very familiar thing for many people; and if he was a doctor in that other game, then...it's not "unreliable" for him to have claimed VT, because what was he supposed to do, claim doctor?

I knew I should've written just kidding after that first part. My real answer is the "but really..."

That said what probably threw you off was the poorly chosen word "unreliable". What I meant there is that it's not his action to claim that is unreliable but rather that you cannot trust him to be what he claims to be.

But again, that really wasn't the sincere bit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You're being awful inconsistent on whether or not you remembered me claiming VT last game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're being awful inconsistent on whether or not you remembered me claiming VT last game.

I didn't remember so I checked.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

???

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I didn't remember if you had claimed VT last game so I checked our last game's thread and you did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So you knew that I had claimed VT before at the time you made that initial post

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

this is a stickup posted:

welp

I'm not sure why the town would hope this. what changed between these two games?

##vote 100yrs

Hey sticky -- wanna clarify what you're meaning here when you say "I'm not sure why the town would hope this?"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

So you knew that I had claimed VT before at the time you made that initial post

The very first one no. When Madman mentioned it as something you always do I eventually when back to check.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Not voting 100yrs this bandwagon sucks

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

3 votes don't quite make a bandwagon. More like a Triumvirate-wagon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Not voting 100yrs this bandwagon sucks

name names

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pinterest mom whyd ya kill tao jones

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Quandary posted:

100yrs is probably not scum

i do not like this post

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

this one either, there are 24 people in this game and most haven't posted

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

this one either, there are 24 people in this game and most haven't posted

Kash is calling out a push as being bad. The "push" isn't a metaphysical entity. It's people - four people have expressed interest in voting for 100yrs. I'm asking Kash to say which of those people are bad.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The very first one no. When Madman mentioned it as something you always do I eventually when back to check.

its been established that pmom always (nearly always?) does this, did you not believe people?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Kash is calling out a push as being bad. The "push" isn't a metaphysical entity. It's people - four people have expressed interest in voting for 100yrs. I'm asking Kash to say which of those people are bad.

ohhhh okay, misread that. thought you were asking him to name someone else in the game (we,, who do you think is scum, then?), not the push.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh because we embarrassingly killed him, our doctor, last time, and I can't imagine that I was very helpful towards that because I laid down a vote and had to leave to go to sleep. It'll probably happen this game too in some way since I keep European times.

Go on then. You get one freebie.

100yrs, where in Europe are you? (Just curious.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Samfucius posted:

its been established that pmom always (nearly always?) does this, did you not believe people?

While I actively did it because if it was such a thing maybe I would've remembered, I suppose you could said I sub-consciously didn't believe them. Though I say that in retrospect.

tpink posted:

100yrs, where in Europe are you? (Just curious.)

France.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

While I actively did it because if it was such a thing maybe I would've remembered, I suppose you could said I sub-consciously didn't believe them. Though I say that in retrospect.

why would 24 people collude like that

i don't understand your thinking

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Hey sticky -- wanna clarify what you're meaning here when you say "I'm not sure why the town would hope this?"

I'm implying that 100yrs is scum, and thus the town will not hope he is still in the game

I think my mind read it as 'let's hope we'll all still be in the game'. I was sleepy :shobon:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

22, i guess. you and pmom aren't part of the colludin' squad here

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Samfucius posted:

24? It was just Madman who said it.

You're overthinking it.

People say "He does that every game."
I respond, "Really?" I go check, "Huh I guess he does. Isn't that funny?"

It's kind of a natural reaction.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Samfucius posted:

to be fair, the word conspiracy is in the game's title

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it was an inside job lets go after the person the frickin company is named after

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

24? It was just Madman who said it.

You're overthinking it.

People say "He does that every game."
I respond, "Really?" I go check, "Huh I guess he does. Isn't that funny?"

It's kind of a natural reaction.

i guess what i am really saying is if madman made it up, i would think someone would call him out on it, its super silly to make up.

i guess you tried to be that person, but were i in your shoes i never would have even considered that it would even be the sort of thing someone would lie about

but whatever

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I wasn't trying to be any person. Fault me all you like for not remembering what it is someone says at the beginning of a game and for not reacting in the same way every time. There's no "gotcha" for me anywhere. Just the realization that I had, in all the games I've played with Pmom, never noticed he started by saying the same thing. You can be certain that I won't be forgetting that in the future.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Beep Boop I eat oil Beep Boop I Am A Robot Beep Boop 100yrs Is Fine In My Cold Metal Mind.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's our Keane!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I wasn't trying to be any person. Fault me all you like for not remembering what it is someone says at the beginning of a game and for not reacting in the same way every time. There's no "gotcha" for me anywhere. Just the realization that I had, in all the games I've played with Pmom, never noticed he started by saying the same thing. You can be certain that I won't be forgetting that in the future.

I don't know, my sense now after reading the past couple of pages is more that 100yrs is earnestly trying to explain himself rather than trying to fix up some scumslip. It's kind of clunky and parts still don't make 100% sense, but I'm going to ##unvote for now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I Understand That I Am A Doublevoter.

its me glenda posted:

it was an inside job lets go after the person the frickin company is named after

Suck it

##vote glenda
##vote glenda

On a more serious note, I think 100's reaction to PMom's VT claim is relatively innocuous.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I Understand That I Am A Doublevoter.

Suck it

##vote glenda
##vote glenda

On a more serious note, I think 100's reaction to PMom's VT claim is relatively innocuous.

huh

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter. I understand that I'm also going to forget about this rule, because it's a stupid rule. It serves almost no purpose other than to make me scream and gnash my teeth.

I also understand that I'm coughing up phlegm and it's very gross. I'm going to go lay back down. I don't get why Pin is being all Somberbrero towards 100.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

huh

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter. I understand that I'm also going to forget about this rule, because it's a stupid rule. It serves almost no purpose other than to make me scream and gnash my teeth.

I also understand that I'm coughing up phlegm and it's very gross. I'm going to go lay back down. I don't get why Pin is being all Somberbrero towards 100.

Every time

and I'm being very deliberate here, I'm not exaggerating

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

okay cool, i support your righteous quest. let me be your sancho panza.

##vote 100 years

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

You didn't even give me time to give you poo poo though? Anyways, I'll be happy to be the exception to your rule. That'll learn you.

Somberbrero posted:

okay cool, i support your righteous quest. let me be your sancho panza.

##vote 100 years

You did read that book right? Things don't turn out so great for ol' Quixote. Turns out he was delusional.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You didn't even give me time to give you poo poo though? Anyways, I'll be happy to be the exception to your rule. That'll learn you.

You did read that book right? Things don't turn out so great for ol' Quixote. Turns out he was delusional.

Then that makes me your Knight of the White Moon I suppose

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Serious question Pmom, and don't take this as an accusation because I don't actually think you're scum, but when you say you regret never going through with your gut you do mean in the instances in which you are actually town right? Because otherwise that's just a tad disingenuous.

Far less serious and more mockingly: we're to understand that this the first time you're going to go through it (voting someone for giving you poo poo for a vanilla claim), having never done so before. Just want to be clear on the things you categorically do and don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

I'm just somewhat sympathetic to 100yrs because lord knows I've said stupid poo poo without thinking in past Mafia games that could be interpreted badly, and then didn't have a great explanation for whatever dumb thing I had said off the cuff. I'm defending him only half-heartedly because I at least partially agree that his explanations don't make 100% sense, but I am also just not as convinced as you that this one thing he said is a surefire scum tell.

• Locked thread