Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

this is a stickup posted:

generally speaking I agree with you on kash, but this post is pinging me pretty hard as well tbh

Yeah this feels like a follow-up to however many times IS has posted how super-VT he is.

There's a "no true Scotsman" vibe coming off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Wouldn't it be just as easy for him to claim VT?

or anything, really, since half of the game was janitored

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

Wouldn't it be just as easy for him to claim VT?

You'd think so, but then why hasn't he?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Samfucius posted:

Yeah this feels like a follow-up to however many times IS has posted how super-VT he is.

I'm not following your meaning with that reference.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Samfucius posted:

i think you're actually the othe rperson employing the most moon logic

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I'm not following your meaning with that reference.

It's a je-ne-sais-quoi sort of thing, but IS talked about being VT a handful of times in the last few pages, and then hammers on Kash for not. At this point in the game, a VT claim is pretty much meaningless. It just feels like a really arbitrary bit of differentiation, especially when he doubles down on it as though it really means something.

The no true scotsman thing was supposed to be IS saying "no true townie doesn't claim vt over and over" which I now realize isn't an entirely correct use of no true scotsman, I guess what I was going for was "gatekeeper."

IS is trying to be the gatekeeper of what town does, in reference to something that is totally meaningless right now.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'm not voting IS but he definitely isn't reaching me with his arguments.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

8 minutes to go
##vote stickup

not impressed with last two game-days

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Samfucius posted:

It's a je-ne-sais-quoi sort of thing, but IS talked about being VT a handful of times in the last few pages, and then hammers on Kash for not. At this point in the game, a VT claim is pretty much meaningless. It just feels like a really arbitrary bit of differentiation, especially when he doubles down on it as though it really means something.

The no true scotsman thing was supposed to be IS saying "no true townie doesn't claim vt over and over" which I now realize isn't an entirely correct use of no true scotsman, I guess what I was going for was "gatekeeper."

IS is trying to be the gatekeeper of what town does, in reference to something that is totally meaningless right now.

I didn't come right out originally and claim VT but the first time I was directly asked if I visited someone, I did. I believe Max did something similar. Kash had an entirely different reaction. I think there's a reason.

I don't think I'm trying to be the gatekeeper of anything. I'm providing my opinion backed up by logic but I can see how it could come off that way when no one else is really providing any other direction either.

I assume we are at lylo (dangerous assumption in an Ecco game, but, you know). If no one else is going to push a read, I'm going to state my own.

I guess my question for you would be this- do you have reasons to feel that Kash ISN'T either the scum or the SK? (Calling it that for the sake of argument- call it "responsible for the other death" if you like).

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sam dropping on someone else makes me feel like he's deffo town at this point (I know, obvious)

Deadline is also floating, we have a little wiggle room.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Samfucius posted:

Samfucius posted:

I'm not voting IS but he definitely isn't reaching me with his arguments.

so do you think IS is lying or being ingenuous here, or not?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

IllegallySober posted:

I didn't come right out originally and claim VT but the first time I was directly asked if I visited someone, I did. I believe Max did something similar. Kash had an entirely different reaction. I think there's a reason.

I don't think I'm trying to be the gatekeeper of anything. I'm providing my opinion backed up by logic but I can see how it could come off that way when no one else is really providing any other direction either.

I assume we are at lylo (dangerous assumption in an Ecco game, but, you know). If no one else is going to push a read, I'm going to state my own.

I guess my question for you would be this- do you have reasons to feel that Kash ISN'T either the scum or the SK? (Calling it that for the sake of argument- call it "responsible for the other death" if you like).

No, and I will switch if I have to.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

so do you think IS is lying or being ingenuous here, or not?

Not really, feels more like a bad tone argument which is a null tell.

I'm saying it's not working.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max, what's your thoughts?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Who else isn't currently voting? Gulag and Stick?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

IllegallySober posted:

Who else isn't currently voting? Gulag and Stick?

max, gulag, stick

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bleh.

I feel in my gut that Kash is town, unless he's actually mega lurking right now. Scum Kash probably wouldn't peace out like this. Maybe.

I really am at a bit of a loss.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

i think you're actually the othe rperson employing the most moon logic

Can you elaborate on this?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

Bleh.

I feel in my gut that Kash is town, unless he's actually mega lurking right now. Scum Kash probably wouldn't peace out like this. Maybe.

I really am at a bit of a loss.

Do you have any reason other than a gut feeling to think that way?

(That's not me being snarky, I'm asking an honest question.)

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Vote stickup, he focused non-stop on the easiest player to do so to (TM) and only really explored other options when the thread came up with them first.

That and he just left for a while.

He's not engaged here at all.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Samfucius posted:

Vote stickup, he focused non-stop on the easiest player to do so to (TM) and only really explored other options when the thread came up with them first.

My general sense of stickup is that he doesn't particularly care who lives and dies and especially after Hats' flip- which is kinda why I like him for the SK/assassin/whatever pick. I'm not opposed to going that way if you guys agree.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I can assure you that if I was scum or the sk, I would be extremely engaged with the thread

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Going back to look real quick. His disappearance from the thread was right before/during Hats' flip, wasn't it?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No, not particularly. I see he was tired of Pmom but he probably would have taken care of that problem earlier had he been in control of a night kill.

Stickup . . . I dunno, maybe.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can assure you that if I was scum or the sk, I would be extremely engaged with the thread

Yeah I'm having trouble reconciling this fact. I went head to head with him in a 3 man lylo with him as the SK and he came out swinging for that one. I know meta and he could change his play but mmmmmmm.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

More than 80% of your posts (and you have lots of them) are from before the queen was killed.

Hmmmmm.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Stick also only seems to be posting in the last little while when he's mentioned, either directly or indirectly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Whether Kash has truly "gone to bed" or not, though, he's sort of boned us by leaving. It will take four of the remaining five of us to dunk anybody who isn't me.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I believe that he went to bed. I also believe that it was a crappy move.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Work week, I'm not going to blame him.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'd love it if someone else voted, you're not doing us any favors by waiting.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
jumping on kash for doing the responsible thing and sleeping is really cool, and good

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Max posted:

Work week, I'm not going to blame him.

Yeah, the part about having to hit the gym early in the morning hit close to home.

I still don't have to like the decision, even if I understand it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm oscillating between Stickup and IS, hold on.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Samfucius posted:

Yeah, the part about having to hit the gym early in the morning hit close to home.

I still don't have to like the decision, even if I understand it.

This. I know, internet party game and all, but it just sort of sucks.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm not sure I'd vote anyone but is, kash, and maybe samfu

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is Gulag actually around?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

You guys don't seem like you're willing to vote Kash, so I guess I'll hope my stickup read is also correct.

##unvote

##vote Stickup

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I dunno, I hosed up this game or something but this one is destroying my brain.

##vote stickup

• Locked thread