Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

wins32767 posted:

Merk! Keane! Ernie! Somberbrero! How have you all been? It's been a long time.

shut up NERD.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

finish your role messages!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bye ecco! we are richer for having lost you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I Understand That I Am A Doublevoter.

Suck it

##vote glenda
##vote glenda

On a more serious note, I think 100's reaction to PMom's VT claim is relatively innocuous.

huh

I understand that if I do not unvote the mod will not count a revote unless I am a doublevoter. I understand that I'm also going to forget about this rule, because it's a stupid rule. It serves almost no purpose other than to make me scream and gnash my teeth.

I also understand that I'm coughing up phlegm and it's very gross. I'm going to go lay back down. I don't get why Pin is being all Somberbrero towards 100.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

and I'm being very deliberate here, I'm not exaggerating

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

okay cool, i support your righteous quest. let me be your sancho panza.

##vote 100 years

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yes, i would vote glendo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hi friends

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

##unvote
##vote lord of hats

hi all :D

someone play a ~dangerous~ game with me

Let's play 'Two Lies, One Breadcrumb'

i really don't like this post because i think it's honest to goodness maybe one of the first genuine examples of rolefishing i've ever seen, but also i want to play the game :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'd vote tmm on general principle. chill out dude. save the 'go gently caress yourself' for day three at least. i know that's just how you roll but drat.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i don't think max's vote on quandary was good at all and the way he backed off it was worse. i feel like his name was coming up often during my reread, was there anything else I was missing there?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

Do you really think a scum max would be that careless tho? Thats what stays my hand

Yeah. I think one mistake we as a community make is overestimating the caution of scum players.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
100 I cannot possibly believe that you expect me to take you seriously here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I maybe said things in a less than serious manner, but I do think all your words amounted to nothing.

You'd have been better off giving straight town reads instead of weakly dropping opinions such as these. Considering you're vote on me was one of the worse me-too's we got, I don't think you really have much to say. So instead of actually looking for content you're being forced to whip up some weak non-cases.

Speaking of whipping up non-cases, what's your actual motivation for trying to cut me down here? You seem to very badly want to imply that I'm scum but can't muster up gumption to do it. I won't argue that my posts were anything essential, I'm very sick and very tired and very busy, but that's why it's so weird that you jumped down my throat. You're attacking my tone and language rather than any argument, your breakdown is entirely rhetorical and lovely.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not there, but you're missing the fact that you're scum.

So I feel like you're coming in here with an assumption that doesn't make any sense. Is this because I backed pmom's good vote on you?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Can't have it both ways. Either embrace it or call the guy scum. You did neither.

Well, no. I feel like the intent was pretty clear.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why are you trying to egg on TMM? I feel like you're trying to stir the pot to create some easy content so you can then check-out.

Gosh I should really know better than to come at TMM with a 'chill out dude.' I hope the resulting drama from that post doesn't obfuscate our current dialog.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And this is some pointless shade tossed limply max's way.

What's pointless about it? These two posts are less than a day apart, click back for context.

Max posted:

This made me smile

This did not

##unvote
##vote Quandary

Max posted:

Also I have a vote on Quandary for some reason that I can't remember. ##unvote

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What I'm trying to get at is you've said pretty much nothing here. You may as well have not posted at all.

You're so hyper aggressive here that I can't see this play as anything other than the most transparent, ham-fisted smear job.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm still happy with my case on Somber. A bad band-wagon, that seems very similar to the way he'd back up votes in the last game we were in and in which he was scum, plus some very inconsequential reads that seem like he was just trying to seem like he was participating.

I still think Lord of Hats is good for a vote too. Their absence speaks volumes too as far as I'm concerned.

What scum game are you referencing? Is the 'bad band-wagon' you're referencing yourself? You get why that's not a reasonable point, right?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The scum game was the game we were just in, about the Mary Celeste.

I'll admit that calling Pmom's vote on me and the handful of people who followed aren't really enough to warrant a band-wagon, but your justification to go with it was pretty weak. I'm guessing you want to dismiss it merely as OMGUS?

In Mary Celeste we really just had to stay out of the town's way as they did our work for us. Day one though I was one of the driving votes on Infinitum, which really pissed my scum team off. So I have no idea what connection you're trying to make.

My point is that even though you're the vote leader, three votes is not a band-wagon. Moreover I was the SECOND person to vote you. I don't see how any part of my vote is 'bad' when Pin has laid out a good day one case and you're somehow unbelievably tripling-down on me being scum because you think my reads are weak.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

someone show me a 100 case.

I mean the last page or so is us arguing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

hi, everyone. joke phase is over. 100years is scum.

##vote 100years

Pinterest Mom posted:

"omg, you joke claimed VT" is something that is only ever said by scum who are trying to get a handle on the game and fake content.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Which: as evidenced by you playing in games with me and not taking issue with me making an in-all-points-identical post

and by my past experience of it only ever being something scum bring up

Pinterest Mom posted:

it has been a week since 100yrs last played in a game with me.

Pinterest Mom posted:

One week ago:

Today, 100yrs is ~~~~~~very concerned about the egregious role fishing~~~~~~~~~~~

it's fake, he's scum. easiest day one of my life.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

and I'm being very deliberate here, I'm not exaggerating

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

you'll need to click back for context but pin makes a pretty good case that 100 is full of it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You guys stayed out of the way but you still had to vote. The way you voted here is highly reminiscent of that. And yes I'm judging you on the language you used to post, which I gather isn't a method you care for.

And you're right it's not a band-wagon, but there were several votes and of those yours and max's were the worst. Tpink was willing to take Pmom's word for it but they went off and tried to get other information out of that. Max never really said anything about anything, but you looked for some justification, but not any of your own. Your reads are weak, but it's not just that, they're hardly reads. The way they're presented plus the way you put yourself on Pmom's case really makes it seem like you're not trying to figure out things for yourself. I see that as scum.

When you say unbelievable is it because none of this make sense to you in any which way? Or is it just a surprised exaggeration, because I'd like you to understand where I'm coming from on this.

I am not sure why you're bringing up language again, but I genuinely don't get how you could make any logical connection between the voting patterns of Mary Celeste and this game. Seriously. Maybe you are some kind of savant, but it seems like you are just saying that the patterns are similar because they are. You can't provide any kind of evidence. I'm not expecting you to go back to Mary Celeste and provide direct examples, but I think you should have something concrete if you're going to make a meta case like that. Otherwise it's just a shouting contest.

But, that goes to why I'm keeping my vote on you. That meta case seems completely fake and untown to me. It fits in real well with Pin's casing. By the same token I get the 'logic' behind your current argument, but it seems completely alien to a town perspective. I made some reads you think are weak. Sure, I don't think I ever argued that they were especially cutting and thoughtful, just me trying to play the game. That's honestly the scummiest thing you've seen in fifteen pages? I just don't buy it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I bring up language because that's what I'm basing my perceptions off of. You slid into votes last game and you did it here too. You did so then without little personal justification or insight, and you're doing it here too. It's not a pattern but it's certainly a similar style. I'll finish folding laundry and make that effort to look though I'm loathe to do so.

And yes I do think they're the scummiest reads I've had so far. We know why.

you're picking and choosing which points you get to respond to.

also kash my lymph nodes are golfballs but i'm still out here hustling

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah this post is ridiculous

it's pretty indefensible.

why is the vote spread all fucky? also, is 100 actually at 5 votes with Murmur twin?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I meant in future games you won't be so quick to think the worst if someone says something about you claiming vanilla town.

Either way I'm going to bed. If you're voting me I hope you have good reasons. I hate being voted off while sleeping just because there's no other momentum going anywhere else. So at least convince others it's a worthwhile endeavor if you think it so.

I won't claim, I remain optimistic that I'll be around tomorrow. But I will say I breadcrumbed my role twice in very obvious spots and if you're trying even slightly, you should probably figure out what it is, if that makes any difference.

there's no pro-town reason to play your claim that way, being coy won't do you any good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

I'm heading to work, and I probably won't be able to check in before deadline, but I will try to.

I'm really torn between the two vote leaders. Up until 100yrs decided to play chicken with the thread, I would have voted hats. My opinion is much more divided now. But I think I'll stick to my guns. 100yrs has been shaky, but he's actually played the game. Lord of Hats has dropped some scummy posts and disappeared.

##unvote
##vote Lord of Hats

I feel like you forgot what you posted earlier.

Mithross posted:

I think 100yrs is making good points on somber, and at first I thought he was pushing too hard on little things, but after seeing somber's reaction, I've changed my mind. Calling 100yrs case a "ham fisted smear job" sounds like something a surprised scum would say. Somber is a good vote today.

That's a pretty huge shift in attitude.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lord of hats lurks regardless of alignment. this strikes me as a loser case.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Moatillata posted:

That being said, never no lynch imo. Ill be around for deadline

fine, fine.

##unvote
##vote lord of hats

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
moritz your pmom case has no basis in reality.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

Stickup, why are you so defensive over pmom

he's just pointing out what actually happened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
quick check in to see if we could swing a 100 vote?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote
##vote 100

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

I miss JakeP

me too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##unvote
##votes hats

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
bad.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hats is probably unkillable scum with a specific, bullshit death condition.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm really mad and pissed off someone had the balls to kill murmur night one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sorry about not claiming last night. It wasn't an ultimatum or anything, all the clues are there. But as usual no one really listens to me.

If I didn't it claim it's because I felt optimistic about surviving at the time, and I don't think claiming is really productive for town.

that you breadcrumbed it 'obviously' and called that out without explicitly claiming was an anti-town move. if one scum figures it out, they all know it, but the same is not true for town.

i have a guess but i don't know for sure.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it common to have scum be execution-proof? Isn't that particularly broken, depriving the town of their one weapon?

ecco game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
jesus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

At the moment, I think the scummiest people are Somber and Moat.

go on.

so if 100 is a cop/doc boss wouldn't Tired be able to confirm that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Tired can possibly confirm it, but there might be more than one cop/doc.

I think you're scum because you don't seem to be very invested at the moment. You're just kind of floating by and not really providing any real opinions imo.

that's demonstrably false if you look at yesterday. if you mean today, where the game has been open for less than a day and my main scum pick has been maybe sorta cleared, i guess? that's your best pick?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

this boss claim sucks, 100 who gets the cop result, you or the cop? what am I saying as if we could believe the cop result to begin with if it even turns out to be town boss which I doubt

would also vote Somber for reading fake as hell

moat is more of a flavour candidate, boleslaw doesn't sound very arrentian it sounds like he's someone who's NOT FROM HERE and is bad

gently caress you nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
wait is bird genuinely making a flavor case based on how foreign a name sounds? Mine is Czesława.

• Locked thread