Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played a game in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spoonsy posted:

Eh why not Ecco. I'll step into whatever crazed production you've got this time.

e: Ecco, can I be something mildly game breaking and pro town this time?

You should modkill this person for editing his post!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing to see here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now we just need one more!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

finish your role messages!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quandary posted:

can I pick the bug

Would it be a dung beetle?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell was that throw Heyward?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quandary posted:

Just FYI I'm gonna be phone posting for 100% of my posts in this game regardless of role so just keep that in mind when I don't so things that require an actually browser and inevitably get called scum for it

##vote Quandry

Look, he's already making excuses!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
1, 2, 3, 4
Writing PMs may be a chore,
5, 6, 7, 8
But Ecco can do it cause she's great!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

tonight the bob and I were celebrating her birthday, I am a doof and I forgot all about it until maybe twenty minutes after I made the tox.

I made us dinner and I'm now baking a cake, I think there's a good chance I could get the PMs done in time, but I am prepared for my bugiful future.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm very sick and will return to this game when I feel better thanks

A likely story!

##vote Kash

Also, I understand that this is an Ecco game and must unvote before I revote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Happy 4/20 everyone. Smoke it if you got it. :420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Pmom making a first post that's confirms as vanilla is totally normal. It's just like Keane coming in with some silly gimmick theme like being a robot.

It's just not something to even consider.

I don't know how long it's been since you've played, but I know Pmom has been doing the vanilla thing for a long time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

it has been a week since 100yrs last played in a game with me.

That does make it even weirder. I haven't played in just over a month (or possibly longer) and I still remember that your first post once the game starts is almost always some version of 'I'm confirming as vanilla'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

Sir, this is an Arby's drive thru and I just asked if you wanted curly fries.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will say that while it's clear that MMT is a doublevoter, I'm a little concerned about her because of this in the games starting post:

EccoRaven posted:

:s: TaoJones, Iulius Pliny, Bombast (town-aligned doublevoter), was stabbed to death night 0. :s:

I don't think it's really something to chase after right now, but it might be something to think about in the future. On one hand, it would be a pretty bold move for scum to use that power coming right out of the game, but on the other hand, I think it's also a bit reckless to use that power right out of the gate as town too.

Can you talk about why you decided to out yourself as a doublevoter right away MMT?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

TBH I was wondering if someone was given Tao's flip.

I mean I think Ecco has done something along those lines before, but I don't remember the game or outcome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I mean I think Ecco has done something along those lines before, but I don't remember the game or outcome.

By 'along those lines' I mean, name a specific role as the N0 flip and then still given that role out to a player.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I've never been a doublevoter before so I'm kind of making up strategy as I go along :j: My thought process was:

(a) After seeing Tao's flip I figured there are multiple probably multiple doublevoters in the game so I figured I'd put it out there and see how people react.
(b) I don't really see it as all that great of an ability - like to me the whole idea of town is to have an argument capable of convincing a majority, not taking over the vote. I thought about it and don't think there's any huge advantage to keeping it secret.
(c) I think doublevoter is like barely better than VT (maybe I'm wrong here?) so I don't feel like it's information that needs to be protected (like if I were a cop or doctor or something).

I'm pretty satisfied with this answer to my question. Thanks MMT.

I didn't think about (a) being a possibility, but I'm not sure if Ecco would want to deal with more than one doublevoter in a game.

As for (b)/(c), I think it's a ok town power, but I think it might be a stronger power in the hands of scum. Although I think describing it as taking over the vote is probably going a bit overboard because it is only one extra vote after all. However, the double vote can come in handy for town when there are two equal trains or towards the end of a day when people might not be around.

I do think it's more likely for you to be town with the way you came right out of the gate and used it because I think scum usually want to keep the double vote a secret and hope to spring it on town at an opportune time. Like if a scum buddy was close to be lynched and a scum double vote would either lynch someone else or put them at -1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

i can't believe there are still three days left in this Cursed day one

Ecco has this weird view that D1 needs to be long. It's very irksome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

can someone tell me what pin mom's meta is like? they post weird and I don't like it!!

I don't know if I could define Pmoms meta because he usually plays the same way regardless of alignment. Or maybe more accurately, he's got a few different play styles that he uses regardless of alignment.

I usually just go with my initial gut feeling and then adjust it if necessary. Personally, I think Pmom is town because of some gut feels and I don't think a scum Pmom comes out of the gate that hard.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

TMM being polite instead of argumentative is like my #1 scum tell for him. This is combined with the fact he's called PMom and myself town without making any scum calls or cases yet.

##unvote Glenda
##vote TMM

Also for the record my intention right now is to play being a doublevoter by just keeping 1 vote each on my two strongest scum reads unless a situation arises where it's necessary for me to break a tie. (Ecco - I'll just name the person I'm unvoting when I do so, that seems easiest)

No offense but go gently caress yourself MMT. I'm am so tired of this meta because it gets brought up all the time and it's why I've basically stopped playing. I just want to join a game where I can relax, have something to read a bit while working and occasionally comment or question people.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

No
Offense
But
Go
gently caress
Yourself

It's personal but not personal.

It's because MMT constantly does this bullshit 'purity' test on me in just about every game. And this is despite the fact that I've fooled her before by playing angry after she's said I'm scum for being calm/polite.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Like, just to be completely straight-up about it - I think you're scum, both because of your content (town reads) and because of your reaction to a very loose d1 case on you.

But I'm put off at the idea that you will actually get angry at me if I try and case you and don't know how to proceed because at the end of the day this is all about having fun.

I have said I think 2 out of 24 people are likely to be town AND I gave my reasons for thinking that way. And those two people are probably the people I've played with the most in this game outside of Kash.

And my reaction isn't really to the case so much as it is to your constant use of whether I'm polite or argumentative on D1 as your basis of it because I just think it's bullshit. Especially since I've fooled you before by getting 'angry' when you've called me polite before. Essentially, I just find it irritating as hell that you don't seem to want to even try to let me change my meta, even though I haven't even been playing lately. I mean outside of replacing into the FF4 game where I got immediately killed, I haven't played a game since the Katamari game where you took something equally as dumb called me scum. I mean yeah, I was scum in that game, but not because of the reason you picked out on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Tmm apart from you who the scum?

Well, I'm not scum, but I'm a little suspicious of Keane right now. I think his vote on me is kind of garbage. Remember, he floated the idea I was scum earlier, but then didn't vote on it until after MMT voted and a couple other people have said they also think I might be scum. Seems like he wanted to float the idea and see if picked up any traction.

I also suspect there is a scum in the group of Max/tpink/glenda. Those three were all fairly quick to jump on 100 Years train and they have since moved off of it.

I'm wary of Max because he is doesn't really seem to be posting any opinions. I found it incredibly ironic that he posted this:

Max posted:

I mean that question honestly, Spoonsy hasn't really expressed an opinion one way or another on anyone in this game so far.

But, if you go look at all his posts, he has no real opinion on anyone except for: 1) spoonsy is cursed to roll scum and 2) a vote for Quandary for this post:

Quandary posted:

I don't think moat is scum just dumb mostly. I don't like the post just now where samfucius voted moat for talking a lot though, that's an opportunistic rear end vote with a shockingly horrible reason after a tiny bit of pressure by others made a moat vote look ok

but then less than 12 hours later, here is what Max has to say:

Max posted:

Also I have a vote on Quandary for some reason that I can't remember. ##unvote

You know, after looking and thinking at that a bit more, I think I will go ahead and ##unvote and ##vote Max

Tpink and glenda have both been somewhat scummy and other people have pointed it out, but I'm going to have to go back into the arguments over the weekend to see if there is anything really there.

I am also suspicious of Kash, but some of that is just natural suspicion and some of it just that he's saying he's sick and not posting. So I'm kind of giving that a pass right now but it's there in the back of my head.

I don't think anyone else has really stood out for me just yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Like given that

(a) the last time I was suspicious of you I was right (Katamari) and
(b) you've said yourself that you've gotten me to back of a scum read on you by acting angry at me

I find it hard to regret opening up d1 with the "scum TMM is polite" thing because it leads to our interacting in the game and playing Mafia. I mean, right?

But do you understand why I'm frustrated, right? Because I don't think it leads to actual genuine interaction. It just feels like you want me pegged into a little box that you can check off instead of actually letting me play my own game.

I'm mean if I don't get irritated at your poke, then I must be scum, but if I get too irritated then I'm also scum. I don't want to have to make a billion angry posts every time I'm town just to convince people I'm town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why in the world are people seriously considering voting out the top poster?

Especially since the whole spat between Pmom/100 years was the thing that jumped the game out of jokephase and did it early? That almost always ends up as a town/town slap fight and that's how this is reading to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

What're your opinions of me, 100, and Moritz?

I already said I think you're town.

And I just said I think 100 years is also probably town because the fight there feels more like a town slap fight and I've been in plenty of those.

I have no thoughts on Tired right now, I'll go look at his posts.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

while I support the idea of just getting rid of someone useless, the top poster is not always town, and posters that call something a town/town slap fight are usually not town

Well I know that the top poster isn't always town, but I've been in plenty of these same situations as town. In fact, it felt like a hallmark of my earliest games. I've got no real interest in voting 100 years and I don't think he's scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I have no thoughts on Tired right now, I'll go look at his posts.

Looking over his posts, I would probably vote Tired, but I'm only getting a slight scum feeling from him. Although I think Tireds Max vote is causing some conflicting feelings. His first few posts were fairly breezy and he seemed to discourage setup spec posting, but then he kind of starts pushing for a lurker lynch. Now I can understand wanting to get rid of the lurker early as I have the same feelings, but I've also used it as justification when I've been scum as well just to make some posts.

So he's feeling slightly scummy, but not enough for me to really push for his vote. If it got there, then I'd vote for him, but I still think Max is the better choice.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

It's how I feel too so I don't think it's fake. :(

It's day two and we have nothing. At all.

I don't think this is true at all.

While Hats may not have died D1, we did get to see his alignment (Queen aligned). So we know he isn't actually town.

And even though MMT didn't completely flip, we know that she was a double voter. And combined with the fact that she died during the night, I think it's fairly safe to assume that she was town.

The only thing we don't have any idea about is Mithross.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

these posts read to me as scum faking anger.

I actually agree with you here and would definitely vote Somber.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gif Probst posted:

Hats probably dies when he has minority votes on him. So ill plug ##vote hats to see if we can 2 for 1.

Let me be the third to jump in and say: What the what?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samfucius posted:

Is there any possible way this is town?

In the Shine games, the boss mechanic had one boss per faction. So it's possible for 100Yrs to be a town boss.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I believe it's Glenda

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's not just that MMT was killed on N1. It's also the way she acted and posted during D1. Remember the first thing she did upon entering the game is cast both votes.

I've seen scum double voters in games before and I believe I've even been on a scum team with a double voter. Generally speaking, scum tend to want to keep their double vote a secret because it becomes more powerful every day. I think that the goal of a scum double vote is to ambush town at/near the end of the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quandary posted:

Or we could scum hunt instead of playing flavor/role mafia because that poo poo never works

Quandary posted:

##vote Moritz

Do you want to explain this vote?

Do you realize that Tired claimed doctor?

Speaking of which, Tired who did you doctor on N1 and why?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quandary posted:

I did not realize that actually, I'm at work and can only skim the thread right now sorry. I'll look more closely at it this evening but Moritz had a very scummy day 1 that I talked about near the deadline and I stand by that.

I mean, yeah he was kind of scummy but he also claimed doc earlier in the day with no real pressure on him.

Now granted, that doesn't mean he can't be scum and I've seen ecco use scum doctors before, but he certainly wouldn't be my first choice today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

I could be down with a mortiz vote today. He obviously didnt do poo poo last night

This is an awful post.

##vote Moat

Because it rhymes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

?

"Doc didn't get lucky with his night action, may as well get rid of him"

##vote Moat because it just feels so good and right.

Hmmm. Maybe you are town. I had the same thought.

• Locked thread