Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Either that, or Doug's pissed at her for some reason and he's intentionally screwing with her. :shrug:
My wild guess is krakoa is jealous of doug’s relationship with Kate Pryde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Did you know about Tony Stark's grandkid? He's the Iron Man of the distant year, far in the future, 2020.

Funnily enough Marvel reintroduced Arno a couple of years ago as Tony's adoptive brother and they have recently announced that he will become Iron Man 2020 next year:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10/18/iron-man-2020-first-look-marvel-comics/

Those gear shoulder pads still look hella dumb, though.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 26, 2019

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I kinda hope this means they're going to close the circle and Arno's going to catch an unholy beatdown from a pissed-off Spider-Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

I kinda hope this means they're going to close the circle and Arno's going to catch an unholy beatdown from a pissed-off Spider-Man.

What's this a reference to?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

What's this a reference to?

Arno's technical first appearance, sort of, is in an Amazing Spider-Man annual from the '80s.

It ends with what's probably one of the top ten all-time moments where Spider-Man gets apocalyptically angry and beats the poo poo out of somebody, who in this case, was Arno Stark.

Edit: http://www.spiderfan.org/review/comics/spiderman_amazing_annual/020.html

Wanderer fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 26, 2019

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

weird thought: could xavier's back-up program ever caught some mutants who came from alternate dimensions, even if they went back to where they came from?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

also why shouldnt he bring back old cable :v:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Metalshark posted:

Holy poo poo, yes! https://twitter.com/rdauterman/status/1187734068076527618

gently caress yeah to X-Men/F4 too!

Leah Williams from a year ago
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1040054775524536320?s=20

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parallax posted:

weird thought: could xavier's back-up program ever caught some mutants who came from alternate dimensions, even if they went back to where they came from?

I'm actually wondering: If he's been backing up 'mutants' for so long, what about people who were classified as mutants and turned out not to be. Can he respawn Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for example? or Squirrel Girl?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that at some point later down the line Wanda and Pietro, and Squirrel Girl too, will be re-retconned as mutants again. I would be more shocked if they stuck with the retcon than if they backpedaled.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I honestly don't think Squirrel Girl will be re-retconned because nothing is added to the character by her being a mutant and the joke worked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Wanda and Pietro absolutely, Squirrel Girl probably not for the above poster's reasons. She's never been a part of the mutant world of comics, have she ever been in an X-comic aside from the All New Wolverine issue where she gives Laura and Gabby Jonathan, the actual wolverine?

Is Jonathan allowed on Krakoa? Can he speak the new mutant language Krakoa invented?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ImpAtom posted:

Can he respawn ... Squirrel Girl?

Why would you need to respawn Squirrel Girl, she's Unbeatable remember?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ISnowNothin/status/1188318154545459200?s=19

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
oh god the nose wiggle at the end :kimchi:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Wanderer posted:

He's like Nightcrawler in that he comes from a period where you didn't necessarily have to have just one primary mutation.

The super-senses have been part of his character since close to the start. I want to say that they're sometimes chalked up to being part of the healing factor, but mostly they're just kinda there.

You're right, originally it was attributed to his healing factor keeping his sense at their peak. I'd also add that since he relies a lot on his other senses that he's very experienced in using them, so that adds to them seeming more super-human.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yeah, you can't retcon Squirrel Girl after they explicitly said "we can never take this back." That's like breaking a pinky swear.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, you can't retcon Squirrel Girl after they explicitly said "we can never take this back." That's like breaking a pinky swear.

Nah, it's just she's never really been connected to the X books. I guess if they really wanted Ryan North to write an X book, maybe.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

One mutant will object to Squirrel Girl being there and all the other characters will just glare at them until they slink away in shame.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Doreen gets a special pass by Krakoa despite not being a mutant. No one dares questioning it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They'll just go back with the Wolverine origin and say she's not a human mutant but a Sciuridae mutate and pretty much a mutant anyway so welcome cousin.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd be very curious how they "get to" mutants who are just manifesting their powers before anyone with bad intent does. Are they monitoring Cerebro constantly with a team of teleporters on standby?

I'd love a whole series that is just the Councils discussing and solving logistics issues

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I'd be very curious how they "get to" mutants who are just manifesting their powers before anyone with bad intent does. Are they monitoring Cerebro constantly with a team of teleporters on standby?

I'd love a whole series that is just the Councils discussing and solving logistics issues

They don't need a team of teleporters, they have the krakoa seeds.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Xavier has cerebro on all the time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know reading Immortal Hulk has me wondering how the hell Xavier would handle Mr. Immortal.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

ImpAtom posted:

You know reading Immortal Hulk has me wondering how the hell Xavier would handle Mr. Immortal.

Did Ewing do something with Craig Hollis other than that brief cameo in.. I wanna say #20?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he's not a mutant either!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Did Ewing do something with Craig Hollis other than that brief cameo in.. I wanna say #20?

Yes, he shows up again briefly in one of the most recent issues.

Synthbuttrange posted:

he's not a mutant either!

Al Ewing disagrees!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ImpAtom posted:

Al Ewing disagrees!

Superior and supreme are two different concepts.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

It’s X-genes all the way down.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'd like to meet all these homos

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does Xavier sleep?

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Off Panel podcast interview with Hickman:

https://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-228-trust-the-process-with-jonathan-hickman/

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

I've not had a chance to listen to this, but I've seen reports that Mike Carey is too busy to do an X-book, but has given his blessing for some stuff Hickman has going on (presumably, Children of the Vault related). That's a shame, because Carey would be great for the Moira book, though Al Ewing dancing between continuity would also fit the "busy person they are thrilled to have gotten on board" bill.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What happens if a mutant dies of old age?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

marvel time will never advance that far

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Listened to this, some key takeaways:

- Hickman created the revival mechanism partially so death isn't a big dramatic moment, because every comics reader knows death isn't permanent. This way, a death can be a plot point but it won't be the "hammer" in a book.
- Kieron Gillen has an open invitation to do an X book.
- There is a big plan for the series but implementing it will depend on how much fans/creators are enjoying the work. If things are going well, they'll keep at the current pace for as long as they want but there's always an ace up their sleeves.
- The Powers of X pitch has been in Hickman's pocket for a while, it started years ago as "the X-Men are broken and will not be interesting unless they're revitalized"
- Hickman doesn't like X-Men fans

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cloks posted:

- Hickman doesn't like X-Men fans

Can you elaborate

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Can you elaborate

He was pretty derisive of them the entire time, which ranged from chiding to exasperation. I think he best summed it up as "X-men fans are people who buy team books and think they should be solo titles" and said that fans is too loving of a word for X-Men readers.

It's worth listening to, he clearly has an interesting plan ahead and he really likes and respects the people he's working with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cloks posted:

He was pretty derisive of them the entire time, which ranged from chiding to exasperation. I think he best summed it up as "X-men fans are people who buy team books and think they should be solo titles" and said that fans is too loving of a word for X-Men readers.

It's worth listening to, he clearly has an interesting plan ahead and he really likes and respects the people he's working with.

That's so weird because I am a lifelong X-Men fan and I absolutely love his stuff. I was just telling a friend last week that this is the first time since I was a child that I get excited for the next week's X-Title