Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

DeimosRising posted:

31/5/5 in 40 minute games on 50/40/89 good lord

She needed 54 points to become the all-time leading scorer in D1 history... and she dropped 57?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzINYC3IoGE

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DeimosRising posted:

31/5/5 in 40 minute games on 50/40/89 good lord

Ok, basketball is a sport I like to watch but I have no clue what stat lines are in it. I'm guessing that's points/rebounds/assists but I have no clue what the second set of numbers are.

Shameful for the mod here, I know.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

iospace posted:

Ok, basketball is a sport I like to watch but I have no clue what stat lines are in it. I'm guessing that's points/rebounds/assists but I have no clue what the second set of numbers are.

50 percent Field Goal shooting
40 percent from 3
89 percent from the free throw line

aka "A Good Player"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

TheShazbot posted:

50 percent Field Goal shooting
40 percent from 3
89 percent from the free throw line

aka "A Good Player"

Yeah, those percentages are pretty rarified air. An average guard with a similar role shoots something like 45/35/85.

e: in the nba, at least. not sure about ncaa women's or wnba

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:stare: drat, ok. That's impressive then. Thanks!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

iospace posted:

jfc

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

iospace posted:

:stare: drat, ok. That's impressive then. Thanks!

In the NBA, for example, only 9 players have ever done it and they are all either in the HOF or likely to end up there yes even Jose IMO with the exception of Jeff Hornacek. And most of them scored a lot less than her in more minutes. Those are Curry 2016 numbers

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Price isn't in the Hall of Fame, and you can't seriously believe Jose will be.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Price isn't in the Hall of Fame, and you can't seriously believe Jose will be.

It's not the NBA hall, and he has a FIBA gold and two Olympic Silvers, and was one of the best players in Europe before he came over. I could've sworn price was, that's hosed up there are way worse guys in there.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

Yeah, those percentages are pretty rarified air. An average guard with a similar role shoots something like 45/35/85.

Among qualified players, that 3P% would have been 7th (right after Maya Moore) and that FG% would have been like 13th.

She would've led the WNBA in scoring by 10 PPG

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Bold prediction for next season: Gary Harris wins MIP, becomes top 5 SG in win shares

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hm. He can't pull the classic MIP maneuver of going from 20 to 30 minutes while being the same guy cause he already starts, but he has made huge strides in his first 3 years. The question is if he's a .400 guy from 3 who took a couple of years to find his shot, or a .350 guy who had a hot year. His usage is still low so if he can shoot maintain his efficiency while moving up to 22-24% I could see it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kibner posted:

Most recent seasons:
NBA average is; .457 FG%, .358 3P%, .772 FT%
WNBA average is; .442 FG%, .336 3P%, .798 FT%

WNBA numbers skyrocketed this year. In 2015 it was .425/.325/.795.

DeimosRising posted:

It's not the NBA hall, and he has a FIBA gold and two Olympic Silvers, and was one of the best players in Europe before he came over. I could've sworn price was, that's hosed up there are way worse guys in there.
Jose peaked as a good starter for a few years and he's hung around for a while. He came over at 24 and peaked as good starter (and not really for that long). He has a good enough career in Europe but it's not some legendary career that would've given him any consideration on its own, and I don't think they're going to the same level of just putting the way you would when those players would never come to the US. Are we going to put in Anthony Parker for being a European legend who was also an ok NBA player? As far as having Spanish representation he'd be well behind both Gasols, maybe Rubio. Ibaka if you count him. He'd be far and away the worst NBA guy in the Hall of Fame.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hairy Garris

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mama there goes that man

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Joel Embiid is at the NFL Draft, hosted in Philly this year, and is leading the crowd in a "Trust the Process" chant.

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/857744899965321216

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love Joel Embiid

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

He'd be far and away the worst NBA guy in the Hall of Fame.

He's better than Bill Bradley, as good as Ralph Sampson, three times as good as K.C. Jones, and extremely comparable to Sarunas (efficient and useful offensive Euro who didn't do poo poo on defense and fell off relatively quickly).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here lie the Bucks. :rip:

I can't be disappointed though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

iospace posted:

Here lie the Bucks. :rip:

I can't be disappointed though.

You can, you dropped three in a row

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

You can, you dropped three in a row

To a pretty solid team that has more depth and made an adjustment the Bucks' roster had no answer for. The Bucks could be scary if they make a big move in the offseason.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When Magic fires Luke and rehires Byron Scott next December, the Bucks can hire Walton and get rid of the awful loving Princeton offense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

see you chumps tomorrow

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Memphis plays entertaining playoff ball. I wish they made it further.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
rest in loving peace grizzlies

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Now I'm in this thread twice, it's hosed up.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Rick posted:

Now I'm in this thread twice, it's hosed up.

B) that's for you

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm going to wait until the last five minutes of the Finals to hop on the winning team's bandwagon so I can have victory again.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Rick posted:

I'm going to wait until the last five minutes of the Finals to hop on the winning team's bandwagon so I can have victory again.

welcome, new Cavs fan

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the lakers fan birth cycle starts anew

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Bleed Memphis

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
hats off to the grizz and their fans

you guys rule

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I really wanted the Grizz to grit and grind to a game 7

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Grit n'

grind

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

http://swarmandsting.com/2017/04/27/charlotte-hornets-trade-marvin-williams-enes-kanter/
Charlotte Hornets Should Look to Trade Marvin Williams for Enes Kanter

NO.

NO THEY SHOULD NOT. Who the gently caress is writing this and why are you trying to troll me specifically?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/857971828395876356

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

http://swarmandsting.com/2017/04/27/charlotte-hornets-trade-marvin-williams-enes-kanter/
Charlotte Hornets Should Look to Trade Marvin Williams for Enes Kanter

NO.

NO THEY SHOULD NOT. Who the gently caress is writing this and why are you trying to troll me specifically?

I'm just glad Portland's toxic offer to Kanter was matched by OKC.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

To a pretty solid team that has more depth and made an adjustment the Bucks' roster had no answer for. The Bucks could be scary if they make a big move in the offseason.

Is replacing Jabari Parker's ligaments with cyborg parts said move? What do you even do with him?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is replacing Jabari Parker's ligaments with cyborg parts said move? What do you even do with him?

Try to sucker somebody into taking him for a pick and/or cap filler/depth? I feel bad for Milwaukee in that respect, he didn't have injury problems before he hit the pros.

He's basically DeJuan Blair now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Big news:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/857995242078785536

• Locked thread