Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lets bomb china!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
There's always the possibility that the North Korean spy network has a couple of Soviet warheads in basements across the world, ready to be detonated if their homeland is bombed

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Lets bomb New Zealand, they wont expect it and we can smash all those forts the rich are building and planning on retreating to.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's always the possibility that the North Korean spy network has a couple of Soviet warheads in basements across the world, ready to be detonated if their homeland is bombed

Nuclear warheads have a shelf life of about 3-5 years usually, which makes this kind of thing hard to do. The more you know

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
The world ends on easter weekend, how fitting.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

chernobyl kinsman posted:

arguing with mirthless is never a good idea because his logic follows paths of some obtuse non-euclidean geometry which no sane mind can trace

i too am lolling that people are responding to mirthless

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

basic hitler posted:

just imo, one good strike during one of the big NK parades with the leadership & everything all in one place, that's a good idea.

North Korean Day of the Sun is April 15th. It's the biggest holiday.

I think that's what they want to test the nuke for. So the timing could be tricky. Are they going to do the test at the beginning of the event? at the end?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
A liberated NK will make a good hub for cheap labour now that China is becoming more expensive. I wonder what great appliances they will make

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

The White Dragon posted:

sk and japan barely manufacture anything though, short of useless and nominal things they can proudly display in their shop windows as MADE IN JAPAN or MADE IN COREA

and i guess lovely washing machines in korea's case but even then iirc most of those are now made in mexico

truly, they are westernized countries

japan does like 800 billion dollars a year in exports and has to import huge amounts of food and raw materials so what do you think they're shipping out

korea produces half the ships in the world that arent military

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

theperminator posted:

A liberated NK will make a good hub for cheap labour now that China is becoming more expensive. I wonder what great appliances they will make

These ones:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/ikea_kitchens/appliances_/

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

basic hitler posted:

we pushed NK army to the chinese border and then the red army spilled down in force. the fight petered out at the current location after some back-and-forth that says we only signed that armistice because we weren't ready to commit to killing every single red chinese soldier like a bunch of maniacs.

this is an incredibly white-washed telling of the korean war. the US was completely on the ropes, forced into the bottom of the peninsula before a miracle naval landing completely turned the tide. if nukes are a possibility then there is no chance of a naval landing or anything other than marching up an increasingly treacherous hellscape of a meat grinder.

i'm not saying north korea totally was about to win, but the us certainly didn't just steamroll them to the chinese boarder. it was a lovely, brutal war

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Mirthless posted:

lol you loving retards

trade between china and north korea is up 40% this year

china's gonna stick up for their baby brother, hope you're ready for WW3

i know it makes you cool and an internet badass to be apathetic to world wars and nuclear holocausts, but that isn't likely to happen. here is some fake news:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/china-military-force-won-halt-north-korea-threat-170413141010298.html posted:

"Military force cannot resolve the issue," Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi told reporters in Beijing. "Amid challenge there is opportunity. Amid tensions we will also find a kind of opportunity to return to talks."

"As soon as North Korea complies with China's declared advice and suspends nuclear activities ... China will actively work to protect the security of a denuclearised North Korean nation and regime," said an editorial in the Global Times, which is published by the Communist party's People's Daily.

so yes while china does love their buffer from south korea they arent going to start a war and collapse their economy over a midget dipshit like un

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

RaySmuckles posted:

this is an incredibly white-washed telling of the korean war. the US was completely on the ropes, forced into the bottom of the peninsula before a miracle naval landing completely turned the tide. if nukes are a possibility then there is no chance of a naval landing or anything other than marching up an increasingly treacherous hellscape of a meat grinder.

i'm not saying north korea totally was about to win, but the us certainly didn't just steamroll them to the chinese boarder. it was a lovely, brutal war

didnt the nks push south for like 2 months and then get steamrolled all the way to the border until the flood of chinese troops rushed in because we kept them from invading taiwan

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
good thing Trump is increasing the military budget

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

NotWearingPants posted:

North Korean Day of the Sun is April 15th. It's the biggest holiday.

I think that's what they want to test the nuke for. So the timing could be tricky. Are they going to do the test at the beginning of the event? at the end?

Close to sunrise, so all the gippers in the navy get to record a second sunrise in 4k.

theperminator posted:

Literally the best chance North Korean peasants have is being press-ganged into SK conglomerate slave factories, where they have a chance of getting three squares a day, on top of $2-3 dollars a day.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 14, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Node posted:

i know it makes you cool and an internet badass to be apathetic to world wars and nuclear holocausts, but that isn't likely to happen. here is some fake news:

so yes while china does love their buffer from south korea they arent going to start a war and collapse their economy over a midget dipshit like un

lol, I'm the apathetic one? I'm not the one downplaying the risks of greater conflict to rationalize my support for the orange clown in the white house

we're all stuck on the ride now, you'll have to excuse me for not being optimistic

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

didnt the nks push south for like 2 months and then get steamrolled all the way to the border until the flood of chinese troops rushed in because we kept them from invading taiwan

yeah the UN was almost pushed off the peninsula immediately and the inchon landings were in september after the war started in june. the chinese intervened because the us crossed too far into north korea and crossed some river(the yalu) that china was like "ok, too close, you're not uniting the peninsula and building bases/missile launch sites on our border." that was in october. so pretty short timelines for complete peninsula crossings.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if we had used nukes in the original korean war we wouldn't be in this mess right now

but Hawkeye would have cried about it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

chernobyl kinsman posted:

post about north korea in general or how cool this war will be ITT

Im sure this has been pointed out but while tensions are higher than normal, nothing at all in the rest of that quote hasnt been literally true for decades now

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blockade posted:

Nuclear warheads have a shelf life of about 3-5 years usually, which makes this kind of thing hard to do. The more you know

What's the shelf life on bio weapons? North Korea has a bunch of those.

Oh, and chemical weapons too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope youtube or facebook livestreams the war so i cant watch it whilst drinking some cold brews :beerpal:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

What's the shelf life on bio weapons? North Korea has a bunch of those.

Oh, and chemical weapons too.

using chemical and bio weapons is unethical

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
South Korea is still a place for cheap labor actually.

Luxottica has all their eyewear made in Korea. FYI raybans are poo poo sunglasses and frames.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
If it starts tomorrow, it'll interrupt trumps golf game. Can't have that.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What bioweapons are n. Korea reputed to have

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

Weaponized versions of anthrax, cholera, plague and smallpox are what come up on google.

I just had my smallpox booster last year, but I don't think normal people get it anymore. I've also had the full anthrax series too, but who knows how effective that is.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
saber-rattling between the US/south korea and north korea is about as predictable and uneventful as the sun rising and setting every day. call me when something interesting happens

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

NotWearingPants posted:

Right in the middle.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
they're going to set off a nuke on seth rogan's birthday lmfao

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Weaponized versions of anthrax, cholera, plague and smallpox are what come up on google.

I just had my smallpox booster last year, but I don't think normal people get it anymore. I've also had the full anthrax series too, but who knows how effective that is.

Really? I thought only the US and Russia had the last examples of smallpox virus.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

I have a feeling that nuclear war is more likely to happen than the U.S. implementing single-payer healthcare.

Let it all burn.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
lol seoul just got nuked

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i cant wait to be dead

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

THEY HAVE PALADINS WITH +5 AGAINST GUYS NAMED CARL.

OH MY GOD!! RUUUUUN!!!!!!

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Agent Escalus posted:

WATCH THE LATEST KIM RULER FOLD WORSE THAN BEGINNER'S ORIGAMI WHEN HE REALIZES A BIG FAT SMACK IS COMING HIS WAY

Footage of the moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU6NKdthd4U

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know the only people who should really be begging us to stop is South Korea because they are so hosed if this happens.

China would probably be happy to have their long standing embarrassment erased, these days.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh please if we bomb them..

quote:

Amid the rising tensions, North Koreans are preparing for the country’s biggest holiday on Saturday — the 105th birth anniversary of Kim Il Sung, the country’s late founder and grandfather of current ruler Kim Jong Un. The holiday, known as the Day of the Sun, normally includes an immense military parade and synchronized public performances involving thousands of people in Pyongyang.

Let it be during this event with everyone assembled. It'd be hi-larious.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

Really? I thought only the US and Russia had the last examples of smallpox virus.

Probably not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.85f4754b6410

quote:

Federal officials found more than just long-forgotten smallpox samples recently in a storage room on the National Institutes for Health campus in Bethesda, Md. The discovery included 12 boxes and 327 vials holding an array of pathogens, including the virus behind the tropical disease dengue and the bacteria that can cause spotted fever, according to the Food and Drug Administration, which oversees the lab in question.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I like when McCain called Jonger a crazy fat kid lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gobblecoque posted:

saber-rattling between the US/south korea and north korea is about as predictable and uneventful as the sun rising and setting every day. call me when something interesting happens

There's saber rattling and then there is saying "if you test another nuke you're going to get hit" which has been said now.

And since the Norks are getting ready to do that...

http://38north.org/2017/04/punggyeri041217/

• Locked thread