Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Snatch Duster posted:

South Korea is still a place for cheap labor actually.

Luxottica has all their eyewear made in Korea. FYI raybans are poo poo sunglasses and frames.

Please link whatever is better than a pair of polarized Aviators and I will buy them. I went through like 700$ worth of frustrating cheapies before finally throwing down on Ray Bans. I have had them for a year now and there isn't even the faintest scratch on them. I get that they are overpriced but the quality seems fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

qkkl posted:

lol seoul just got nuked

current whereabouts of VP Pence?

NineBreaker
Oct 22, 2005

An interesting component of the increasing tensions with North Korea is how, if such a war were to actually manifest, it may impact the Green Climate Fund. The largest climate change related fund of its kind, with its main office based in Songdo, half of its projected 100 billion per year starting in 2020 and onward is dedicated to African states, least developed countries, and small island developing states. It represents the most meaningful external assistance many nations (e.g. Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Federated States of Micronesia, Tuvalu) have seen in decades, and is likely going to be a deciding factor in whether or not many of these nations continue to exist.

While rising seas undoubtedly envelop many of our atolls, perhaps a more shocking revelation is the increase in super typhoons. Chuuk and Yap had more than 20 of them in 2015, and while many were simply "banana storms" (i.e. storms that are strong enough to bring down banana trees but not necessarily destroy housing), many of the results of this unprecedented increase in storms is a deepening lack of food security juxtaposed to an increase in soil erosion.

If the Green Climate Fund's HQ were to be affected by such a war between North Korea et al., it would surely impact our islands.

On the plus side, I suspect the average person reading this doesn't know about the countries I mentioned, or where we are, so we're probably not that important.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
People are saying not to worry about it, but Kim Jong Un is clearly a hothead, and if you think Trump, self proclaimed billionaire, is going to back down against one of the poorest nations in the world I think we might be in for a shocking surprise.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
so once in elementary school some kid started talking poo poo about how he was going to bring in a pellet gun and shoot me in the rear end with it so i punched him in the balls and he told the teacher

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
north korea is that child

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

If by punch in the balls you mean devastate Pyongyang, and if by tell the teacher you mean devastate Seoul in retaliation, yes I can see that analogy.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GuitarJunkie posted:

People are saying not to worry about it, but Kim Jong Un is clearly a hothead, and if you think Trump, self proclaimed billionaire, is going to back down against one of the poorest nations in the world I think we might be in for a shocking surprise.

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely in the "This is probably going to happen" category.

North Korea will bluff because bluffing has worked so far.

We won't bluff because of approval ratings.

poo poo is going to go down. As much as I hate Trump, well.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0.

GuitarJunkie posted:

If by punch in the balls you mean devastate Pyongyang, and if by tell the teacher you mean devastate Seoul in retaliation, yes I can see that analogy.

Yep, Seoul is LITERALLY the only reason NK hasn't been rolled by this point. Even China would have stopped putting up with their poo poo before this if not for that whole flashpoint issue. The only way to do it is to literally obliterate the NK's entire offensive capability including their artillery right out of the gate in some big before-they-can-react attack.

I kind of hope we do in fact invade NK, only because it's not going to be another Iraq of endless war with highly religious groups resisting forever. Once their insane leaders are set on fire and their stomachs are full, I doubt there will exactly be much resistance in NK to the change of leadership. It's really one that, well, can be won today.

Anyone mentioning the last Korean war needs to realize that the disparity of power is so insane at this point, I doubt they'd last a month. Basically the last Iraq war except Mission Accomplished might actually mean that.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 15, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ron Darling posted:

humanity is a scourge and I can't wait for sweet atomic death

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

revmoo posted:

Please link whatever is better than a pair of polarized Aviators and I will buy them. I went through like 700$ worth of frustrating cheapies before finally throwing down on Ray Bans. I have had them for a year now and there isn't even the faintest scratch on them. I get that they are overpriced but the quality seems fine.

FYI: snatch dusters gimmick is being an obnoxious retard rear end in a top hat.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Can you imagine if they started raining down shells loaded with VX or sarin on Seoul?

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I kind of hope we do in fact invade NK, only because it's not going to be another Iraq of endless war with highly religious groups resisting forever.

I too look forward to saddling the burden that is the collapse of the Korean economy.

More blood for the blood god!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

scrubs season six posted:

FYI: snatch dusters gimmick is being an obnoxious retard rear end in a top hat.

Pretty lame gimmick seeing that that is all of gbs's "gimmick"

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase posted:

Can you imagine if they started raining down shells loaded with VX or sarin on Seoul?

Haha are you kidding if I don't stop imagining it soon I'm gonna have to go to the hospital to get this priapism drained :(

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Haha are you kidding if I don't stop imagining it soon I'm gonna have to go to the hospital to get this priapism drained :(

I'll do it for ya for a sixer of Coors Lite pounders. Pm me

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Trump literally feeds off of praise and approval, and he got a lot of that when he launched missiles at Syria. So now he's thinking "Hey, lemme just keep bombing poo poo and everyone will keep loving me!" We already got that MOAB in Afghanistan and now we're gonna have poo poo go down in North Korea.

And once again, of course, Trump is back in Mar-A-Lago for a weekend of golf after stirring up a threat of WW3 because gently caress this dumb country.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

If Trump kicks the North Korean beehive, this will play out in the media as an ideological warfare between big-dick super-rich capitalism vs. on the ropes poverty-stricken North Korea, which looks good in the short-term.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

There's a livestream of the NK military parade here if you feel like watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q901s3wcNSU

Might help if you can speak Korean.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Don't open the livechat though, holy poo poo.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

GuitarJunkie posted:

If Trump kicks the North Korean beehive, this will play out in the media as an ideological warfare between big-dick super-rich capitalism vs. on the ropes poverty-stricken very smarr prenis North Korea, which looks good in the short-term.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

GuitarJunkie posted:

This is apt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUbqbpBX1Us

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

I kind of hope we do in fact invade NK, only because it's not going to be another Iraq of endless war with highly religious groups resisting forever. Once their insane leaders are set on fire and their stomachs are full, I doubt there will exactly be much resistance in NK to the change of leadership. It's really one that, well, can be won today.

Also I'm pretty sure the South Koreans would be on board with handling the "occupation" thing themselves.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Livestream is getting good now

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Three-Phase posted:

Livestream is getting good now

Those fools can hella goosestep, don't trip.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Those fools can hella goosestep, don't trip.

Is there something wrong with my connection or is this being streamed in 480ish resolution?

Seriously I am getting RealPlayer flashbacks.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
calisthenics rules

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm looking at it and cannot believe those are real soldiers.

There's no way a US unit could have that much precision and still have time to actually train to be soldiers.

Either their soldiers are extremely under-trained, or that's a special parade unit that does nothing but parades (and dresses up to look like different kinds of soldiers).

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

It's nice that they teach them to march in tight formations. Much easier to take them all out with one missile from an unmanned drone piloted by a guy in an air conditioned office in Nevada while sipping a cappuccino.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Don't the NK top-brass turn the artillery on themselves once they get bored enough? Trump is just lighting the match under this garbage fire

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Presenting the new TPP! (Trump Pyongyang Pyramid)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

hell yeah let's gently caress those assholes up :911:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Watch Trump start a. .. .. ah gently caress can we please go back to talking about sunglasses

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's looking good folks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/asia/north-korea-nuclear-site-punggye-ri/

quote:

Satellite photos show North Korean nuclear site 'primed and ready'

revmoo posted:

Watch Trump start a. .. .. ah gently caress can we please go back to talking about sunglasses

You're gonna need sunglasses if you live within 1,000 miles of NK.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Boy I sure am glad we didn't elect a woman with private emails to be our president! Could you guys imagine the disaster we'd have on our hands if that had happened?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jamesman posted:

Boy I sure am glad we didn't elect a woman with private emails to be our president! Could you guys imagine the disaster we'd have on our hands if that had happened?

She is a piece of poo poo, so yeah. It'd be worse.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

So you think we should let the whole death camp & famine thing continue forever?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

theperminator posted:

So you think we should let the whole death camp & famine thing continue forever?

Well at least my team would have won though. :colbert:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

spacetoaster posted:

She is a piece of poo poo, so yeah. It'd be worse.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When (in terms of hours from now) is the scheduled test supposed to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

When (in terms of hours from now) is the scheduled test supposed to happen?

idk but we're supposed to do a preemptive strike first :dance:

• Locked thread