Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Why so serious, Goro? Let's put a smile on that face.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm genuinely surprised the characters noticed that. Usually that kind of thing would just be a small detail thrown in for the players.

Also, I can't help but be amazed that Akechi was so bad at his attempt at infiltration that for five months they've known he's full of poo poo and have been playing him. Despite the fact that the characters have been proved to be hilariously inept at staying out of trouble or acting with solid judgment. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 30, 2018

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I really appreciate that Akechi being the traitor was so obvious that the real twist is that the characters aren't total idiots and also realized it as soon a possible.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Gruckles posted:

I really appreciate that Akechi being the traitor was so obvious that the real twist is that the characters aren't total idiots and also realized it as soon a possible.

It says sad things about expectations of video game writing that "The main characters are competent and intelligent" is actually a legitimately surprising twist.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Stroth posted:

It says sad things about expectations of video game writing that "The main characters are competent and intelligent" is actually a legitimately surprising twist.

yeah, given how many games force you to do the stupid thing, or the character loses 50 IQ points (or in WKC it's amazing the characters remember to breathe), having the main cast pull off a long con is amazing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What if every stupid thing the protagonists have done since that moment Akechi slipped up was a long con to bait Akechi and his organization into revealing themselves, including Ryuji shouting to everyone that they're the Phantom Thieves? :stare:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What if every stupid thing the protagonists have done since that moment Akechi slipped up was a long con to bait Akechi and his organization into revealing themselves, including Ryuji shouting to everyone that they're the Phantom Thieves? :stare:

Why do you think Ryuji is the one to go "We got em"? He's been the linchpin of the "We're a bunch of easily lead idiots" illusion.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The one thing I hate about this twist is that the game signposts it super-hard. I don't even mean in the sense that "well obviously Maaku wasn't gonna die, we wouldn't have much of a game otherwise". The problem is the skipped-over (by the game, not the LP) scenes of Maaku and Morgana talking about pancakes, and the two of them talking with Futaba about their plan. Arist just kind of papered over it by having LP-Maaku think "my memory is hazy", but in-game, when you get to those scenes in the lead-up to Sae's Palace, the game does this long, cloudy fade-to-white (with sound, even) that literally never appears anywhere else in the story. It's impossible not to notice, and it's basically like the game elbowing you in the ribs and saying "huh, sure is weird what just happened there, huh?? bet you'd like to know what's going on there, huh???"

It might have worked better if there were more "hazy memory" moments over the course of the game, but the way the game does it makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The pancakes...they betrayed me...?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The one thing I hate about this twist is that the game signposts it super-hard. I don't even mean in the sense that "well obviously Maaku wasn't gonna die, we wouldn't have much of a game otherwise". The problem is the skipped-over (by the game, not the LP) scenes of Maaku and Morgana talking about pancakes, and the two of them talking with Futaba about their plan. Arist just kind of papered over it by having LP-Maaku think "my memory is hazy", but in-game, when you get to those scenes in the lead-up to Sae's Palace, the game does this long, cloudy fade-to-white (with sound, even) that literally never appears anywhere else in the story. It's impossible not to notice, and it's basically like the game elbowing you in the ribs and saying "huh, sure is weird what just happened there, huh?? bet you'd like to know what's going on there, huh???"

It might have worked better if there were more "hazy memory" moments over the course of the game, but the way the game does it makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

Well If you don't get Sae to rank 10 you just end up dying.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Or if you misremember what really happened/lose to the palace owners deadlines

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Robindaybird posted:

well that financial bind was because their parent company got caught doing some record-breaking corporate corporate larceny

Atlus itself was actually doing pretty well, Index was however doing some massive number inflating.

whoa wait what? can you or someone else expand on this? what happened?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the guard ran out of toner :ohdear:

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

HIJK posted:

whoa wait what? can you or someone else expand on this? what happened?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/27/atlus-parent-company-files-for-bankruptcy/

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Arist, while I've greatly enjoyed the LP so far, as someone who hasn't played P5 and who has avoided any spoilers since I started reading the LP, the drip feed updates for this part are pure torture, especially since a lot of people in the thread are all "guys this part is so good, so drat good, DID I MENTION HOW GOOD IT IS YET".

Any chance the next update will land sooner? :f5:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Well, I also really want to get to the next update, and the good news is I have a four-day weekend coming up. The bad news is that I just got really into a long-rear end visual novel this next update is probably going to be the most update we've had yet. It's going to be about an hour of pure text and it's gonna be absolute torture for me. I can't imagine it not taking multiple days of continuous work to get through. My initial plan was Saturday, but it could take until as late as Tuesday depending on how thoroughly I put it off hard I work.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's kind of hilarious. "We got 'em! ...Oh, wait, no, he's actually loving dead."

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

Huh? How do you manage that?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Qrr posted:

Huh? How do you manage that?

By selling your friends out. It's an automatic game over. Though I THINK they give you a chance to save after finishing Sae's palace to prepare for cutscenes

Malah
May 18, 2015

Neopie posted:

Okay, what happened, exactly? I'm super confused.
We somehow faked being shot in the head. I've a couple ideas as to what the hell happened but, unfortunately, rampant wink-wink-nudge poo poo means I can't actually speculate about it. Thanks, fuckers!

It's obvious how we tricked Akechi and how the room was manipulated, but what I'd really like to know is how the gently caress Futaba expects Sae to get Joker out of there. She couldn't even get into that room without passing several guards, let alone trying to get him out of the rest of the building. She isn't even a cop; she's a lawyer currently on the outs with the admin.

Gruckles posted:

I knew something was going on with Akechi but I'm genuinely shocked that the team immediately caught into it as well.

This would've been a really good twist if it weren't signposted so ham-fistedly.

Malah fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 31, 2018

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Kemix posted:

By selling your friends out. It's an automatic game over. Though I THINK they give you a chance to save after finishing Sae's palace to prepare for cutscenes

There definitely was a save point there yeah

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DeafNote posted:

There definitely was a save point there yeah

There are actually two save prompts in between fighting Leviathan and regaining control.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

It's like the game really doesn't want you to gently caress this up.

Personally, if you're gonna rat your friends out, like a cop, I feel you should get the Yoko Taro Ending E treatment.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 154: 11/21: Delicious Pancakes

Anon: AKECHI IS BAE!!!
Anon: kid had it coming, lol
Anon: he went down easy
Anon: he got what was coming

I didn’t expect him to commit suicide…
He’s a murderer. He deserved to die.
We can finally breathe easy now.
He killed himself huh? I guess we’ll never know his motivation.

Anon: The truth’s lost to the void
Anon: Akechi got the last laugh!
Anon: We’ll finally have peace
Anon: A worthy end for a villain

It feels like my consciousness is about to fade away...

Don’t fall asleep until we reach our destination. ...Are you listening?

I see we’re just skipping how Sae managed to extricate Maaku from the police station, okay.

Could this be the effect of the drug wearing off? The memories I thought were gone are starting to come back…

Music: Disquiet

You weren’t paying attention? Well, I guess I can see how you’d be lost in thought right now. Anyway, we need to talk about how to get out of this situation.
Futaba’s monitoring of Akechi’s phone has confirmed it… He did indeed have an ulterior motive.
It’s on a completely different level than just that.
Not only was he trying to frame us, but he was the true culprit behind the mental shutdowns… His offer to assist us was simply a plot to frame the Phantom Thieves… and kill Maaku-kun. If we go into Sis’ Palace as he suggests, we’ll likely be met by a large ambush of police forces.
To think he would be this far gone… I know now what it means to feel a chill down my spine. Furthermore, he wishes to bring a police squad from reality into the Palace…
If the eight of us can enter at once, it’s not inconceivable to think a larger group is possible. He may even be able to bring in vehicles or other special pieces of equipment.
So this really was just a setup to shift the blame onto us…
He made us go after Okumura, then once we triggered the change of heart, he killed him…

The whole time he was workin’ with Makoto’s sister, he was really just some homicidal maniac! C’mon, we gotta take that bastard Akechi down! Isn’t that recording we got enough proof to do it!?
No, Akechi is merely a tool. His orders come from elsewhere… The grand mastermind behind this all. An unimaginable fiend capable of arranging the murder of a suspect of a police station…
Unless we find out who that is, we will continue being targeted even if we defeat Akechi…
But… what means do we have of learning his identity?
We’ll have to make Akechi say it… though once we do, that mastermind will likely eliminate us.
I think that will be the case eventually regardless of whether or not we learn his identity. The only reason it hasn’t happened yet is because we’re an easy target to blame for his crimes. If he realizes that’s no longer possible and abandons that plan, he may opt to kill us immediately.
Dammit… So we don’t got a choice but to go with that bastard’s suggestion…
But if we go into the Palace as told, Maaku will get arrested and then murdered by Akechi…
Palace… The Palace…
...Actually, there’s something I’d like to say regarding--

Wh-What’s this all of a sudden!?
There’s a way… A way to get past Akechi And get the mastermind to lay off of us, all while learning his identity.
Really…!?
You gotta be kidding me…!
If he wants to kill Maaku, why not let him?

Hey!

That is, inside the Palace…
Yes. We could have him kill the cognitive Maaku-kun, all while believing he killed the real one.

Oh.

Yeah, that’s it!
It seems that’s our only option. Listen close, everyone. I have a plan for how we can carry this operation out…

However, the police intend on continuing this investigation until the case is fully solved.

Waiting upstairs. Go tell them to come on down. I’m gonna fetch him.

Makoto told me everything.

Eh, it’s ancient history now.

“You only tried to revoke my adoptive father’s custody at a point when he was the only person alive who cared for me in any way, including myself! Water under the bridge!”

But man, that goddamn detective!

Music: Break it Down

Hey, you big bastard!
How’ve you been?

You’re not floating...
It truly is a relief to see your face.

Still, how’d you pull this off? Isn’t this guy considered dead?
You weren’t told anything? I heard my sister brought him here though…
Yeah. She came over in a taxi, dumped him off, and told me to keep him safe. It was right after they announced he had “died” too. Almost gave me a heart attack.
I didn’t have time to explain…
Hey, shouldn’t we tell Boss what really happened?

Music: Suspicion

What we did was make that enemy kill his fake in the Metaverse.

Enemy? Fake…? What’re you talking about…?

Poor Sojiro has no goddamn clue what’s going on.

The true culprit behind all these incidents set us up. Our goal here was to determine their identity.
True culprit…? I see… So you guys were going up against someone else.
It was Goro Akechi.

You knew beforehand that he was the traitor, didn’t you?

Akechi himself gave us the chance to strike back. He made one fatal mistake.
Couldn’t you have just said from the beginning that Akechi was the real culprit?

I didn’t loving remember.

That wasn’t something we could simply bring up. We couldn’t have you suspect Akechi. Besides, neither you nor the other investigators would have believed something like that, would you?
...True. Akechi was credited with the arrest of the Phantom Thieves. Not even I would think he was the culprit… In other words, you left him alone on purpose… That was a bold move.
God, I can’t keep up with any of this stuff…

Sojiro is basically my dad whenever we watch Westworld together. And also me.

He slipped up in regards to Morgana’s voice.

Yes. Morgana can talk.

Sorry, was that supposed to be a joke?

I love that Sojiro just thinks we’re loving with him.

Oh! Our apologies. That’s completely true.
You surprised?
Does that mean… he said something just now as well?
But you don’t understand him, do you? That’s how it was for all of us at first too.
When you’re in the Metaverse, Mona talks like a normal person. Once you hear that and your brain realizes he can actually talk, you start to understand him in reality.

Wait, what? She should be able to hear him! She’s been to a Palace, and Akechi had never heard Morgana before in the Metaverse! Which is it, game?

...It’s a change in cognition! Most likely!
Thanks to Akechi’s lame acting, we figured out something was up.

Look who’s talking here.

But we already saw him drop a mega hint about it waaay earlier.

Bahahahahahahah, oh this game’s really pretty dumb but I kind of love it.

...That meant Akechi’d already been in the Metaverse by then!
And since he was lying to us about that, we assumed he had a hidden motive behind contacting us.
It seemed odd upon further thought. His reaction to my pancake comment was an honest one, after all.

I seriously cannot believe the major inciting event of the third act of this game revolves around an innocuous comment about pancakes.

That said, we weren’t so naive to overlook something like that.
That’s why we asked Futaba-chan to wiretap his phone.

Even that ace detective could never have imagined a program being installed so quickly. Futaba’s quirky nature proved to be a great help.

After a few days of listening this confirmed a his betrayal.

That would be the only way to arrest them, given their methods. I’ll deal with them after that. Let me see… We could say he stole the guard’s gun and committed suicide during his imprisonment… How about that? Public security questioning will occur on the first day… and with that room, my task will be simple.

Yes, the guard will be one of ours. We’ll have to eliminate him after to destroy the evidence though…

And thus, the dangerous criminal responsible for the mass mental shutdowns shall end his own life. When he does, you will become a great hero who saved Japan from evil. As will I, of course.

He’s no ace detective… Akechi is the perpetrator behind the mental shutdown crimes.
On top of that, there’s someone else commanding Akechi… Someone with great authority… so great that they can order an assassination in a police station. That’s why we had to make a move before they did.

The other Phantom Thieves nod.

I see…

Can you elaborate on that in more detail? What exactly happened in my cognitive world?
We’re sorry for using you without your permission. Your Palace had all the conditions we needed….

First, we required a place inside the cognitive world that was the same as in reality.

That’s why nobody but the person who uses the Nav even realizes they’re in the Metaverse.
Back with Kamoshida, we came in from the station without even noticin’…

You totally can’t tell the difference if there ain’t any distortions around.
We had already investigated Niijima-san’s Palace when Makoto brought this suggestion to us.

...Ha! Putting the Palace off for weeks was all part of my master plan to give us more time to figure out this other master plan! ...No, not really.

To be honest, I didn’t quite understand it, but I went along with it.

Yeah, it’s good we have her heading up our operations.
Makoto is normally so calm as well… but once her mind is set, she gets oddly impulsive.
I did have a bit of a rivalry forming with Akechi… But I just couldn’t contain myself anymore once you became a target, Sis. The reason I joined the Phantom Thieves was to heal your heart, after all.
My own achievements were all that mattered to me… I was desperate. I wasn’t myself at all. I’m sorry I couldn’t see that.
That goes for the both of us.
We heard from Mako-chan that you were going to do the interrogation, Niijima-san.
And regarding its location… I take it you used the data from my laptop?
I’m sorry.
*chuckle* Go on.

I really like these little doodles that show up for this scene.

First, our clothes didn’t change when we were down in the interrogation room.

Once we heard that from Makoto, we secretly went to check it out without Akechi knowing.
There was also one more thing we absolutely needed to make this work…

Since he had yet to be caught though, there obviously wouldn’t be anyone in that room.

They looked no different from actual living people.
After that, we just had to work our way into the Palace like usual while keepin’ Akechi in the dark.

However, it was then that we were met with a terrifying, unexpected police ambush. As a result, even though we managed to grab the Treasure, we couldn’t get it out of the Metaverse…

Music: Disquiet

We had prepared an empty briefcase beforehand and merely acted like we were taking the Treasure. This was because we knew the police would be coming for us.
We made sure before the operation that the police would be waiting to ambush us. And just as expected, he totally took the bait.

And I had been interrogating him with no knowledge of this. But, how did you lure Akechi into this… cognitive world’s interrogation room?
All I needed were the coordinates. Hehehehehe…

Asking her about it now would drag the conversation on too long… I should talk to her later.

Oh, this would drag on the conversation for too long. That’s the only thing that’s too much for right now. The rest of this conversation is just impeccably paced, I totally get it.

It must have been truly hilarious for our leader who sat idly in the real world’s interrogation room.

So that’s why you gave me your phone… I only took it because of what you told me.
It’s a shame I didn’t have the opportunity to see that for myself.

All I could do was try to handle all the messages that started coming to me on his phone. Huh… So in other words, I’ve been to the Metaverse, albeit for a brief moment.
In our experience, there is little danger when someone enters their own Palace for so short a time.
That’s the other reason we had him give it to you. We needed you to listen to Alibaba, deceive the guard, and ultimately aid in his escape. By having you head back to the interrogation room, we could return you to the real world as well.
I mean, I had to think of some way to keep you from running into Akechi mid-assassination.
...Astounding.

Gross.

I’m so glad Maaku was able to persuade you during the interrogation. Even though we knew about Akechi’s plan, we were pretty worried about that part.
True.

Without Sis on our side, Futaba’s plan and subsequent breakout would have never been possible. That persuasion was easily our greatest gamble. We couldn’t consult Sis beforehand. It was absolutely the make-or-break moment of the entire plan.
Still, I’m surprised you could convince me in such a short time. Were you confident you could do it?

Then it truly was a do or die situation? That’s crazy. Either way, I can’t believe you went for such a risky idea…
If we could just tell you the true culprit’s plan, I knew you’d realize the bigger picture… Realize that Maaku-kun was telling the truth, and that there was a greater evil to pursue.
As a result, we emerged victorious.
Then the reason you kept this a secret from me was so you could catch the true culprit, correct?
Yes. Plus, you had lost control of yourself at the time…
This is stunning… All I can really do is laugh.
I’ve kinda figured out that you guys made Akechi kill a fake… But what did you do about the body?
The police never even checked it.

They had a coroner working to ensure Maaku-kun’s death was reported as a suicide. That coroner didn’t take one look at the scene, and just passed along a falsified death certificate.

First off, how the hell do you know this? Second, I absolutely, unironically love that the plot loving hinges on the massive political conspiracy being both too lazy and too stupid to A: actually make sure there’s a corpse for its chosen patsy and B: keep watch over the restaurant that serves as both my home and base of operations. It’s honestly pretty great that these morons are so blinded by greed and ego that they fail basic procedures to keep their evil asses from getting revealed and overthrown.

...The bad guys have that much influence?
Murder in a police station would be reckless otherwise. We also knew of a possible conspirator.
Thanks to Futaba-chan’s messages and the guard’s demeanor, I eventually came to understand… And since the higher-ups at the police knew nothing of this, they were thrown into disarray. As a result, Maaku-kun’s suicide during imprisonment was reported on the news, just as Akechi planned.
And with that confusion, he was able to escape with Niijima-san’s help.
I made sure nobody would check the morgue for his body, and thanks to that, nobody knows he survived.

How did you do that?

Thinking back to the interrogation though… I can’t believe what they did to Maaku-kun. The callous use of violence and even drugs is utterly abnormal. If he had lost consciousness and hadn’t been able to tell Sis about the phone, he would’ve died… I’m… truly glad you made it back safe, Maaku-kun.

Don’t get forward with me, Macopto. I have my sights set on Haru.

Music: Alleycat

We made sure to live normal lives while he was being interrogated to avoid drawing any suspicion.

Oh, so that’s why you were all “surprised” when you heard the news despite that making no sense.

Even with that, I couldn’t help but worry for him in my heart…
Well, I knew right away that our plan worked out.
I wanted to believe… but considering what we were up against…
Ryuji’s a bit on the dense and carefree side.

I had to be patient and avoid this place until things settled down. I finally feel relieved…

They haven’t exactly “settled down” yet. It’s been like a day.

We knew he was alive, but… It was difficult to not worry until we could confirm it in person.
Now that I think about it, my interrogation was just a formality for the head commander. What a joke letting me interrogate someone who was meant to die. They just wanted to avoid backlash… Very well. From here forward, I will do my utmost to assist you. ...You saved me, after all.
That’s reassuring to hear.
I’ll do whatever I can to help too. Just let me know. Let’s take a break for now though. This old brain is pooped. Oh, and feel free to use the first floor when you guys want to get together to talk. You’ll need a hideout where you can be safe. Just say the word and I’ll close shop early.
Are you sure?
This guy can’t leave. Plus, you won’t make much progress if people can hear you from downstairs. It’s not like this place is the liveliest joint in town. It won’t be a huge loss for me.

How on earth does Leblanc make money?

Heheh.

And that’s all for this installment. But that doesn’t mean we’re done with this conversation. Join us next time for Even! More! Talkiiiiiiing!

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 4, 2018

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sorry, I guess I actually lied when I said this was gonna be a massive one, because not only did I just not loving feel like transcribing fifty minutes of text, I almost certainly wouldn't have been able to fit it all in one update. Oh well, this is a decent place to break it up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finally, the truth unveiled.

I think I did this sequence at about 3am and very sleep deprived, which meant keeping up sure was fun.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

But you don’t understand him, do you? That’s how it was for all of us at first too. But you don’t understand him, do you? That’s how it was for all of us at first too.
It's me, I'm the nitpicking squad. It's me, I'm the nitpicking squad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thanks~

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ha, I was right that it was a cognitive swap.

And I too unironically love that the conspiracy made a stupid couple mistakes and one or two comments that unraveled everything, that's honestly really good.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'm 50/50 on this scene personally. On one hand, it's cool that the characters actually noticed akechi screwing up and made plans around it, but actually answering the how did they pull it off with "your player character and his friends did all this poo poo basically offscreen lol" is kinda weak

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Like I do feel it'd work better if we get bits and pieces of this planning after each major plot milestone when Sae interrogated us.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
That would mean adding a third timeline to the already confusing plot though. And give too much away likely.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Regarding Morgana's voice, I think the implication is that Akechi was spying on the group. He would have had to have been doing that really early, though. I don't think it's crazy if he happened to see them in Madarame's palace or something, because Madarame did specifically mention the guy with the black mask, so Akechi was roaming around Madarame's palace in the same general timeframe.

SoundwaveAU fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 3, 2018

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Compared to Adachi just out of the blue revealing he knew about the TV world, I like that Goro screwed himself with a completely innocuous line that you probably skipped over the first playthrough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Compared to Adachi just out of the blue revealing he knew about the TV world, I like that Goro screwed himself with a completely innocuous line that you probably skipped over the first playthrough.

adachi blurted it out because the unexpected stress of having eyes on him just as he thought he'd gotten away with everything caused him to slip up

the more pathetic thing about akechi is that supplementary materials state that talking about food is one of the few ways he knows how to socialize, so him going up and saying "pancakes, huh!?" was probably a genuine attempt to ingratiate himself to maaku and co.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arist posted:

When you’re in the Metaverse, Mona talks like a normal person. Once you hear that and your brain realizes he can actually talk, you start to understand him in reality.

Wait, what? She should be able to hear him! She’s been to a Palace, and Akechi had never heard Morgana before in the Metaverse! Which is it, game?

Sae was inside her own Palace, but she never heard Morgana talk while she was in there. Thus, to her, Morgana in the real world still sounds like a normal cat. As for Akechi...

SoundwaveAU posted:

Regarding Morgana's voice, I think the implication is that Akechi was spying on the group. He would have had to have been doing that really early, though. I don't think it's crazy if he happened to see them in Madarame's palace or something, because Madarame did specifically mention the guy with the black mask, so Akechi was roaming around Madarame's palace in the same general timeframe.

Yeah, basically this.

quote:

We knew he was alive, but… It was difficult to not worry until we could confirm it in person. We knew he was live, but… it was difficult to not worry until we could confirm it in person.

Duplicate line here.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
So wait, does this mean the real life police know about the Cognitive world and can enter it whenever they want now?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You all bought it! Even my immediate family bought it, Akechi!

Oxxidation posted:

the more pathetic thing about akechi is that supplementary materials state that talking about food is one of the few ways he knows how to socialize

Same, to be honest. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Same, to be honest. :smith:

I mean "making small talk by discussing topics that both parts of the conversation are interested in" is like the basis of casual social interactions, and most people enjoy food, so it's not particularly a bad thing. I have pretty niche interests and I don't like any popular music or sports so that doesn't leave much space for other stuff to talk about other than really obvious topics such as the weather or local news.