Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yeaaahh, if you wanted to go into how a lot of western fujoshi create creepy fetish material out of clearly platonic relationships I can get that or that it's a shame when some people think that all deep and loving relationships gotta be sexual but this certainly isn't a thread for that kinda discussion lol

Also the Korra thing didn't come outta nowhere because the last good man died with scarface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Oxxidation posted:

give us an imbecile track-star bf, atlus

for godsake ryuji even invited joker to lift weights at the gym and if there's one thing I learned from FF7 it's that going to the gym in a JRPG can only mean one thing :gay:

why does atlus torture us so

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So...anyway rivers in a desert is amazing and I still sometimes just start humming or singing it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm going to echo a comment from earlier in the thread: Futaba absolutely needs to party crash some of Otacon's codec calls. Bonus points if it results in a nerd-off between Otacon and Futaba over who has the better equipment.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I haven't read that AU, but does that one just turn the adult confidants into teens, and vice-versa? I was kinda hoping it'd be them as actual adults and fighting with their Personas.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm going to echo a comment from earlier in the thread: Futaba absolutely needs to party crash some of Otacon's codec calls. Bonus points if it results in a nerd-off between Otacon and Futaba over who has the better equipment.

They didn't record any new codec calls.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

fractalairduct posted:

They didn't record any new codec calls.
Bummer.

Well, there's still Palutena's Guidances to crash.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

amigolupus posted:

I haven't read that AU, but does that one just turn the adult confidants into teens, and vice-versa? I was kinda hoping it'd be them as actual adults and fighting with their Personas.

It age swaps the villains too, as well as the Velvet Room Attendants. Generally they are a year older though. Sojiro is a third year and Sae is first year law student at a university and so on. Yoshida is the student president.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

cdyoung posted:

Because they don't have to be. They're close friends, and that's their dynamic, making them lesbians is like that tumblr artist who made the P5 girls all pudgy western stereotypes. It's an unnecessary complication that has no point or relevance to either character. Ann cared about Shiho because they were friends and that was it. They could have been Hetro room mates, Hetro life partners or anything that doesn't have to be a forced same sex couple.

This opinion is weird to read because it's exactly how I feel about a lot of straight couples that crop up in media. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cdyoung posted:

I'm probably going to be probated for continuing this

Well, if nothing else, you loving called that one alright. :thumbsup:

Just, tip for going forward, since going over your post history ITT you seem to get very weird and sweaty every time the issue of homosexuality comes up, maybe, just, like, don’t. Next time, just let it go. When 50 people come out of the woodwork to tell you how wrong you are, just take it in stride and move on and to try to avoid jumping into the discussion next time.

So remember kids, next time, just follow ol’ Elsa’s advice and

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 174: 12/8: Sacrifice

For causing countless mental shutdowns in others, you will atone… with your life.
Don’tcha got something to say to our leader before you go passin’ out?
Yes…

I did it to protect myself… I’m so sorry for what I’ve done… It feels as though it’s been quite some time since I have felt sincerely apologetic…

Hmph… That may be good… So, I’ve been defeated… Haha… Hahahaha…

Music: Desire

Will I really be able to kill the Phantom Thieves if I take that!?
According to Wakaba Isshiki’s research… Temporarily collapsing a Palace will take down anyone inside it as well. The abrupt nature of the collapse means they will be unable to escape without extreme luck.

Shido snatches the medicine out of the researcher’s hands.

Ah!

Okay, he’s clearly not holding anything in his right hand. Anyway, he swallows the pills down.

I must… steer this country! If I don’t who will…!?
What arrogance…

Shido’s image begins to shimmer and distort.

What the--

Huh!?
An explosion…?

But we haven’t taken the Treasure yet…
We’ll talk later! Come on, let’s grab the Treasure and run!

Music: Run, Run, Run!

We can’t get through like--

What is happening!?
Hey, Oracle!
The ship is exploding… but why!?
What kinda sloppy explanation is that!?
I don’t know what’s happening either!
Something might’ve happened to Shido in the real world!
Whaddya mean “something”!?
I don’t know!?

Standing around here isn’t going to help!
We have to run!
Oracle! Are there any other escape routes!?
I’m looking, but…

Our path…
Still, where else can we go…!?

Are we… sinking…?
We are not going to die like this!

Ryuji’s Sprint (Watch this)

Music: Collapse of Pride

I don’t know how to swim!

Let’s go!

We just gotta get there…
It’s too far! We won’t reach it in time…!

Hang tight. I’ll nab the boat!

Ryuji!

Ryuji punches himself in the leg, then keeps running.

Ryuji!

Oh, Ryuji, you cad.

Hang on!
We’re moving!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Oh hey, Hifumi, a spot just opened up!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

F

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

F

Ryuji may have been a dumbass, but he was our dumbass and I for one will miss his dyed blonde hair and love of yelling about how we are the phantom thieves in random public places.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe Ryuji is loving dead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he's looking up the angels' skirts now

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Oh cool! We can recruit Tora now!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ryuji died on the way back to his home planet

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

F

(I am convinced I am the only person who actually likes Ryuji because he's been with Joker and had his back the whole time).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

F

(I am convinced I am the only person who actually likes Ryuji because he's been with Joker and had his back the whole time).

ryuji's my favorite character in the game despite atlus' mightiest attempts to convince me otherwise

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ryuji's cool

Well, was, anyway

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

So is no one going to mention that Shido just took a suicide pill to stop the thieves from changing his heart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TheKirbs posted:

So is no one going to mention that Shido just took a suicide pill to stop the thieves from changing his heart.

easily the smartest thing he's done all game, at least if he cacks it then his co-conspirators can still ruin the country in his stead

if he confesses it pulls the entire organization down with him

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oxxidation posted:

easily the smartest thing he's done all game, at least if he cacks it then his co-conspirators can still ruin the country in his stead

if he confesses it pulls the entire organization down with him

Why would he care about his co-conspirators, those people aren't Shido.

I mean obviously he's doing it solely out of spite and that's just a bonus for them.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Oxxidation posted:

ryuji's my favorite character in the game despite atlus' mightiest attempts to convince me otherwise

:hmmyes:

This is one of the few animated cutscenes that actually lands for me. This and Joker's awakening.

Also Ryuji/Joker otp you can't change my mind.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Why would he care about his co-conspirators, those people aren't Shido.

I mean obviously he's doing it solely out of spite and that's just a bonus for them.

taking an extremely generous view of shido's character (i.e. assuming he has one) then his megalomania is coupled with a sincere belief that his vision for the nation is the only correct one

you know, the vision that was never actually articulated upon in any way, but moving past that

if he's going to basically suffer ego death then it's reasonable that he'd rather suffer actual death and leave his agenda intact

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

F

Not at all. He's probably my favorite in the 'dumbass best friend' category of P3+.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

conspirator: "Man i'm really glad he bought that line about it being temporary"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow. Can't wait to play as Ryuji in Dead by Daylight eventually.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKirbs posted:

Temporary suicide pill!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't believe Ryuji is loving dead.

:emptyquote:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
well... poo poo.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
More people that need to die.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

conspirator: "Man i'm really glad he bought that line about it being temporary"

Unlikely given the cult of personality megalomaniacs usually cultivate.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

...So who gets to tell his Mom?

Malah
May 18, 2015

Here lies Ryuji, he never scored

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I love that Shido is such a massive dickhead that he worked to set up a contingency such that even if the PT's manage to win, he can at least take them down with him.

Also :rip: Ryuji, saddest JRPG death since Goofy.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Malah posted:

Here lies Ryuji, he never scored

:emptyquote:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Ryuji finally got to do something cool and it killed him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNyKDI9pn0Q