Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

You still have a sentence to complete, inmate!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

Persona never lets go. It never lets you go.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

New girl has a dumb outfit and they're putting more gay bait in with human Morgana.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

No. Suffer until the end of time. Atlus has decreed it so.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I like new girls outfit. It's like a cross between a gymnasts Leotard and a ballerina.

I also really like her hair.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 24, 2019

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its mentioned on the Japanese site that she's in rhythmic gymnastics, so the leotard makes sense.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I have hope beyond hope her persona is La Maupin given the weapon choice and overall look.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Robindaybird posted:

I have hope beyond hope her persona is La Maupin given the weapon choice and overall look.
Yes loving please! Mademoiselle de Maupin would be amazing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I'm annoyed there is no Haru version of this, but I can't make one on my phone.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Looks like Makoto got a HnK style duo follow up with Ryuji, though I’m sure people will call it a JoJo reference instead. Trailer has me pretty hyped for this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

Nah, you're fine. Technically Persona 5 Royale with Cheese would count as a different game than base Persona 5, so you're not obligated to cover any of the new content for that one.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Nah, you're fine. Technically Persona 5 Royale with Cheese would count as a different game than base Persona 5, so you're not obligated to cover any of the new content for that one.

From what we can tell, the game will have changed so much that there isn’t a way to put in updates with all the changed material without making something nearly incoherently nit picky. Dungeon areas designed to use the Smash Bros-brand grappling hook alone would be nightmares to write or read.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIFLtNYI3Ls

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arist posted:

KILLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEE

Only once you’ve shown the final thing I want to see.

The twins fight, which actually may have been in a previous update and I forgot but still it’s an actual cool thing in NG+.

On the bright side not only is the Royal going to be completely different with new content it also isn’t coming out till 2020 so plenty of time to recover and convince someone else to do the lP instead.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Of all the things P5S could have been... I would not have guessed that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Of all the things P5S could have been... I would not have guessed that.

You mean you didn’t see a game about thieves mowing down hordes of cannon fodder?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You're on parole until Persona 5 Quarter Pounder inmate, make the most of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hyrule Warriors 2: Metaverse Melee

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm glad the P4 trend of wild rear end spinoffs is still in effect. That was probably the biggest charm point of the decade-long Yu Narukami corporate whorefest.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Honestly, I'm down for it. I've the particular kind of brain damage that makes me still like warriors games. (Hyrule warriors alone has busted one of the analog sticks on my switch from overuse)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

And yet we still don't have P5 Arena, the one spinoff that literally everyone wants.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
For gently caress’s sake, just put mainline Persona games on the switch.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Being realistic, Sony is probably throwing wads of money at Atlus to prevent exactly that. Ports are expensive, but being paid to maintain system exclusivity? That's even better than free.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Look at it this way, P5S is going to be bringing all of the butt rock remixes you could ever want.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Geostomp posted:

You mean you didn’t see a game about thieves mowing down hordes of cannon fodder?
tbf, they never really get away with the treasure without breaking the Shadow's nose first.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum IV: Time Enough At Last

Persona 5 The Royal has been revealed. I’m currently in a state of abject denial as to what I have truly gotten myself into. But, uh… let’s just show some NG+, I guess?

This update is going to cover about two in-game months and eight hours of recorded gameplay, most of which is me fast-forwarding through scenes. Real fun to sort through, believe me. So, to save my own sanity, we’re going to skip over… pretty much everything I deem irrelevant. Time for a heavily condensed slideshow!

We can’t summon our old Personas until we head into Kamoshida’s Palace by choice for the first time, but with our weapon upgrades we can one-shot pretty much anything we run into before then.

Well, not this mini-boss, because it doesn’t actually let you kill it!

Here’s a weird quirk of NG+. Since you keep your social stats, there’s basically nothing to do for a long time, especially in the very early game where you don’t have a lot of Confidants. Remember how much training we did at the gym in the endgame of our original run, because we were out of other options? That’s only gonna get worse from here on in. We’re gonna have so much HP, though.

Unfortunately, training in our room only increases HP, not SP. It may not have an associated cost besides Protein, but the gym is still better once we unlock it through Ryuji’s Confidant.

Never gonna get tired of Maaku Yamcha’ing himself.

And yes, we are going to really stock up on that Protein for all our training days.

One benefit of maxed Proficiency is that we can now make enough Lockpicks to actually open every chest in Madarame’s Palace without spending extra nights. We’re also going to use pretty much all of Kawakami’s free time in class to make more Lockpicks for Mementos and such, because there’s nothing else to spend it on, really. Not like we’re reading books, like a nerd.

Speaking of Confidants, I don’t include any footage from them in this update, but the general strategy is to prioritize unlocking each one ASAP so we can reunlock the NG+ carryover benefits. We’re also likely to head into Mementos much more frequently once we get Confidant requests, because sitting on those for a long time doesn’t seem right anymore.

Once we finally get the ability to resummon old Personas back, we make the mighty Thor because he’s strong but also not exorbitantly expensive, and covers an arcana we need. Since we only have six Persona slots, space is at a premium, so we can’t just go get Yoshitsune because then we’re gonna have him taking up room for months before Shinya appears.

Thor’s immense Strength helps us shred pretty much everything we run into.

We even make it to the end of Kamoshida’s Palace having used almost no SP, primarily relying on melee attacks.

Thor will even delete a major chunk of Asmodeus’ health. And the best part is that since Physical Skills work off an HP percentage, you can use them a ton even in the earlygame.

One thing we never did in the original run was rent DVDs to watch on our TV, because it was pretty pointless for our strategy to max our social stats and there isn’t even an associated trophy or anything. That said, we should at least check it out.

More weird parodies, heh.

Got it.

Two weeks later...

Oh gently caress oh poo poo I forgot to return the DVD, I’m hosed, my credit is ruined, I’ll never be able to buy that house

I didn’t even watch it! I suck!

300 yen per day? My concept of money is broken at this point, but it doesn’t seem that bad.

As this is your first time, I will waive the late fee.

Hot dog!

If you miss the due date again, you will need to pay a late fee. Please try to return DVDs on time. Don’t count on this again, OK?
All right, we don’t have to pay the fine! Try to be a little more careful next time though, OK?

Psh, I’ll be fine, cat.

Since I have clearly learned nothing, let’s rent another DVD!

We get the top score once again, but this time in a test we bombed originally. Maybe Sojiro will have a reward for us!

Also, we get badmouthed by the whole school again! Great!

I guess you can’t judge a book by its cover. This is for you. I got it cheap nearby.

It may not be the “in” thing for kids today, but ain’t it dandy? Keep it up, kid.

Thanks, Boss! It’s only equippable on Maaku, though.

Wait, didn’t we need to return that DVD?

Oh gently caress oh poo poo

…Hm? This isn’t the first time you’re late, is it? Didn’t I warn you?

Well, to be fair, I’m stupid. You should have known better than to give me a second chance.

…… Ugh, There are a bunch of customers in line, and my shift’s already over…

There are a bunch of people in line renting standard definition DVDs in 2016?

…… Since there are extenuating circumstances, I’ll waive the late fee this time. If you miss the due date again, you will need to pay the fee. Please try to return DVDs on time. Don’t count on this again, OK?

You seem bad at your job.

And once again, let’s rent a DVD. For real this time.

Anyway, we can skip Azazel’s entire paint gimmick by killing him in a single cycle, which is trivial with Thor. The first several Palaces are just cake in NG+.

And let’s cap this one off by saying hey once again to our favorite terrible stalker. I missed this, she should really keep doing it even after she joins.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm moving this week so I wanted to get an update out before my poo poo gets thrown out of whack. Next time though we'll be introduced to the main feature of NG+. Well, kind of. You'll see.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

500 hours in MS Paint.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

500 hours in MS Paint.

Art. :golfclap:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

500 hours in MS Paint.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You know we're in the hell timeline because Persona 5 gets the remake with all the shiny new bells and whistles instead of Dragon Quest 11.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Agreed

https://imgur.com/a/oa7WCZq

(also what the hell did they do to linking imgur, I spent way more time trying to make that embed than making the actual image and gave up :saddowns: )

Machado de Assis fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 30, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

You know we're in the hell timeline because Persona 5 gets the remake with all the shiny new bells and whistles instead of Dragon Quest 11.

DQ11's switch port seems to basically be DQ11 Royal. It's adding a bunch of shiny new bells & whistles iirc. Voice acting, new subplots/events, bringing in the 3ds' 2D mode and so on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rannum posted:

DQ11's switch port seems to basically be DQ11 Royal. It's adding a bunch of shiny new bells & whistles iirc. Voice acting, new subplots/events, bringing in the 3ds' 2D mode and so on.

Oh neat. I'll just hope that in some years that stuff comes to the PS4 too because I can't really afford to buy a switch atm. Plus, I don't wanna rebuy the game and don't have enough stuff I wanna play to justify getting it anyway. :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Machado de Assis posted:

Agreed

https://imgur.com/a/oa7WCZq

(also what the hell did they do to linking imgur, I spent way more time trying to make that embed than making the actual image and gave up :saddowns: )

Link the image itself, not the imgur page. (with the appropriate resizing letter, of course)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum V: Double Trouble

Today, we’re heading back into Mementos. Not to tackle requests, but to see pretty much the only major addition to P5 in New Game+.

If we head to Mementos of our own volition (so not the first time or on Christmas Eve), we will see something… unusual.

Why, Caroline is outside of the Velvet Room! That’s new!

Or… Is there something you want to tell the two of us?

I never expected your rehabilitation would bring you to this place.
No matter! It’s the perfect spot to train and get some battle experience! I like your spirit. You know the position you’re in.
Although, how did he learn of Mementos…? Perhaps he is even more special than we had anticipated.
Hmph. I bet he just fumbled around with the Meta-Nav until he ended up here. I mean, who’d even be able to tell him about this place? We know everyone who might have access. Mementos is linked to the collective unconscious, after all.

The cat showed me how. You know, the cat? He’s right over there. I can go get him if you want.

That is true…
Hmph. I will admit… even though he looks pretty shabby, he seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve.

If he has been keeping his power a secret from us… we must learn the truth behind it.
Oh, I see! *snicker* We’ll hold a special “private examination” to find out if he’s hiding anything.

Maybe it’s just my experience with Takemi, but I don’t like the sound of that.

Unlike in the city, we will not have to worry about passersby here.
I have to say Justine, I never thought you’d bring such a bold proposal to the table!

As she said, this will be a private examination. It is all for the sake of our own personal judgment. Hence, we will not force it upon you. We will begin only once we have received your consent.
It’s gonna be brutally hard, after all! Max difficulty!
Your rehabilitation consists of a great variety of tasks. Battling Shadows, strengthening your Personas, building bonds with your contractors…
Basically, we’re gonna put all that to the test!

Uhhh, what? I’m not so sure about beating up these fourth graders. Seems kinda gauche.

We will not ask for a two-on-one battle, though. Your friends are permitted to participate as well.

But that’s just two-on-one in the other direction.

The contracts you have formed with them can be considered part of your power, after all. However, this test is ultimately for you. Your teammates will not retain any memory of this battle.

That’s good. At least they won’t remember that time I asked them to murder some children.

*chuckle* Don’t worry… We won’t kill you.
Our goal is rehabilitation. Ending your life would greatly contradict that goal. Should you fall, you will regain consciousness immediately.
Once you pass out though, that’s it. The battle’s over. ...Oh, and there’s not even a one-in-a-billion chance you’ll win, so you should just forget it.
If by some chance that were to happen… let me see… We would tell you an embarrassing secret of ours.

...A-Are you talking about that one time? Or… maybe that other thing!? W-Wait! There’s no need for this!

We might be able to find the answer.

Strange, don’t you think? Why do we possess such an intricate bookmark when neither of us have any books to read? Moreover, I somehow know that this is “important”…
Justine…? Don’t tell me… Are you actually trying to find…?
...My apologies. I have said too much.

Oh boy, I love cryptic bullshit like this!

Let us begin, Caroline.
R-Right!

It shows how special we think you are. Consider this an honor! You should be crying tears of joy! OK… Let’s get started!

We will cordon off a portion of this area for the examination. That will limit potential interference.
Don’t worry, we’ll make it look really familiar for you.
Now then… do not disappoint us!

Fine, if we’re doing this, then I’m at least gonna enjoy it! You kicked me into the Velvet Room every time for a year! Let’s go!

Boss: Caroline and Justine

Music: Rivers in the Desert

Yep, they know it’s the best song in the game and there’s nothing else they could possibly use here.

Thanks for the warning Morgana, but how bad could it possibly be?

Anyway, I’ll try to explain the mechanics for this fight as I go.

Hmm, not even a dent. That’s distressing.

Our next hint that we shouldn’t even be attempting this yet is that our party members keep missing due to their low Agility. Not that they’re doing any real damage when they hit anyway.

Justine here summons Slime to use Vajra Blast, that old skill of Makoto’s that dealt partywide Medium Physical damage. The “gimmick” for modern Persona bonus bosses (so Elizabeth from 3, Margaret from 4, and these two) is that they have the ability to switch between various Personas just like you because they have access to the Compendium. They don’t have the affiliated elemental resistances and weaknesses because they’re dirty loving cheaters, but they can also only use one skill per Persona (even if that Persona doesn’t actually have or learn that skill, such as in this case), and they’ll switch between them in a set order. This means that you can generally predict their next set of actions.

And yes, they of course get two turns. Justine here summons Bugs to use Triple Down, that Gun skill Haru had that dealt Light damage thrice to everyone.

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Mom, those mean girls at the elementary school took my lunch money

Geez, rub it in why don’t you?

dewey.gif

We cannot carry out our examination in this state. Do try to put up more of a fight next time.
If you even have the guts to try again, that is.

And then it spits us out in the lobby with 1 HP. We suck! I’ll go back and fight them again every chance I get, but it’s going to be a while before we make any headway there, I suspect. I’ll see you then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Caroline seems unusually excited about the idea of beating you up.