Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Closest thing Faith could be is either the Star or Justice, though it's more likely the former.

Still taken out of the diegesis with Kasumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mraagvpeine posted:

I looked really closely, but I didn't see anything related to the arcana.

It was cut from a longer video that did also reveal Kasumi’s Confidant card from the end of one of her ranks. I didn’t realize it was cut until later.

https://youtu.be/mzBw8Gcp5vU

Extended trailer. This time with details about Kasumi. Her arcana is Faith, her persona does bless and physical skills, and her Confidant gives Joker even more ridiculous acrobatics and grappling hook moves.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 15, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XI: Getting Swole

First up on today’s agenda: we actually managed to get Sojiro’s Rank 10 scene before he finds out we’re Phantom Thieves. It doesn’t change much, but I figured I should show it anyway.

Hifumi Rank 9: Part 119: 10/5

Music: Alleycat

Spending time with me has only brought you pain…
Hifumi is thinking hard… I should be careful about what I say here…
...So this is goodbye.

You’re… just trying to comfort me because I lost, right…?
*shakes head*
P-Please stop… I’m the Phony Princess… I mean, I lied to everyone… And yet, you want to be by my side…?

What do you mean by that…?

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

*nod*

I will become a woman who’s worthy of you. I-I look forward… to our relationship blossoming i-in the many years… ahead of us… Oh, wh-what in the world am I saying…?
I formed a special relationship with Hifumi… There’s no turning back now…

Let’s go to Akihabara with Mishima, I guess. I really question why these double Confidant events are even in the game, because you have no idea if you’ll need points with the second person because they don’t tell you who it will be, and the first person is usually Mishima, who doesn’t need points.

Well, I’ll be waiting!
An electronics shop, huh? It’s kind of exciting going to a big store like that. Let’s go meet up with Mishima.

Music: Home Electronics Store

Don’t you think you should have something like that, as a modern day hero?

Come on, you don’t have to play dumb! You can trust me! Like I was saying! Having convenient tools would help you, don’t you think? You know… Wouldn’t it be super cool to complete your missions with top secret technology? And then I could become your sidekick and support you! Your sidekick… That would be so cool…!

Yes, that’s me.
Why? How!? Where did you meet her!? You know Chihaya-chan!? I knew you were amazing!

Never got the impression Chihaya was famous, but okay.

...Anyway, Hamiru-san. Do you know where they sell TVs? My CRT stopped working. I think it’s broken…
C-CRT…!? The famous fortune teller still uses old-- I-I mean, you must take good care of your things.

Nice save, Mishima.

Umm… Is this your friend?
*nod*
Hmm that’s not it… He seems like more of a fanboy rather than a friend…

Ouch.

What? Really? You can tell just by looking at me!? Can you even see my future!?
No, I can’t. At least, not without my tarot cards, anyway. But I do keep a careful eye on my clients, so I can predict lots of things just by observing people. Hmm… But what is it about Hamiru-san that makes you such a fanboy though?
Oh, no! Well, actually… Hamiru is really knowledgeable about consumer electronics! He knows everything! I respect him!

Oh, is that so? What great timing, then! Could you help pick out a new TV for me?

Well then, let’s look for the TV section!

Man, that was exhausting… Let’s go home for today.

I want to do a lesson in your room… Is that… all right?

Is there such a thing as getting too much sex, asking for a friend

Hifumi Romance

Music: Sunset Bridge

There were a lot of people who covered for me by saying that I was just being used by adults. But I’m the one who was most at fault. I was overconfident.

If only I had taken a look at myself and properly assessed my shogi skills. I believed that with my skills, I could overcome being treated like an idol. ...There’s nothing I can say about my mother. You didn’t abandon me, even after you learned about the fixed matches… ...Now I know how encouraging it feels to have someone believe in you. At first, this was just a deal… You help me develop new moves and I give you shogi lessons. But before I knew it, you became… someone I couldn’t do without. I’m not gonna pay attention to all the criticism anymore.

The reason I’m able to think this way is because you stuck by my side. ...I’m really grateful.
I feel a strong bond with Hifumi...

I spoke to you about my mother, and then my mother changed… I knew that couldn’t be a coincidence.

I will support you in whatever you want to accomplish.

Music: Sweet

……

Well… I no longer have a ban on dating…

We played a long match, just the two of us...

Awwwww

We still have to go back through this loving Palace. Even if it only takes about an hour and a half, that’s still way too loving long.

On the other hand, copious amounts of Hassou Tobi get us through the boss fight in under five minutes. How nice.

We’ve hit the upper limits of our gym training, unfortunately. We’ll get only minuscule gains here from now on.

So, we decide to continue our training at home. We only get HP, no SP, but whatever.

You may also notice that the in-game timer has gone back, here! Well… one of my recordings didn’t save audio, so I had to rerecord the entire month of September to get some unimportant videos made! And then I managed to salvage the original footage, so it was totally unnecessary in the first place! Whoops! Whatever, we spent that time getting strong, so you might as well see the progression of Maaku’s pull-up routine.

...*snicker* This is more fun than I thought.

This doesn’t seem like it’d be that much harder!

Maaku is basically Captain loving America.

Now that we’ve seen all that, let’s make some coffee.

Coffee Dad is Best Dad.

Chihaya Rank 9: Part 140: 11/10

Music: Alleycat

Is… fortune-telling the only reason you come to see me? I-It’s not… is it?

Let’s just go all the way with this.

Hearin’ you say that was just so gosh dang sudden though…

Sorry, I slipped back in to my country dialect… But, um…

The tarot cards might be shocked about this though… My love fortune has been at zero for ages now. But… I guess we’re pretty good at changing fate, huh? *giggle*

There’s no turning back…
Oh, it’s getting late… But, um… do you think we could maybe talk a little longer…? Well… good night, Hamiru-san…

Aww yiss, motha fuckin ninjas

Back to the Ninja

Welp, let’s get in there!

Ninja voice: Aaaaargh! My sandal has come undone! *sounds of shouting and martial arts* You’re too slow! Unless you can move at the speed of light, you’ll never be able to go back to the future!

Can they say that? You know, legally?

But I guess it’s somewhat educational with all the science incorporated in there…[/i]
I feel like I was able to learn about the fun side of science…

Maaku gains Knowledge +3.

What!?

Y’know, sci-fi’s more than just some crazy made-up baloney. It’s like… a dream that might end up coming true one day. I guess it’s almost like hope! You get me?

In any case, thanks for chilling! Um… This was way more fun than all those times I’ve seen it alone. Hmm, maybe we can have a foreign sci-fi marathon in your room someday! You better be looking forward to it!

Oh believe me, I am.

Y-You have to hear this!

A-Anyway! It seems like we’ll have really good luck if we visit a certain place together! L-Let’s go!

Chihaya Romance

Music: Sunset Bridge

As a country bumpkin, I’ve always admired it…

No. I somehow felt like I wasn’t allowed to. ...Because I was a monster. But, it’s all good now! I will no longer be swayed… by names like monster or Maiden. I am simply a fortune teller who provides advice to people with broken spirits. So that they will have conviction and face their future without getting pushed around by fate. ...That’s the fate I’ve chosen for myself!

Now, it’s your turn to speak. What would your conviction be… as a phantom thief?

Sorry, I used fortune-telling to find out your true identity. I couldn’t help but think that you had something to do with the chairman’s confession. Then I discovered that you’re the Trickster who causes a sensation in the world. It was the same card as the figure who helped me take down the chairman.

Well, you may interpret the cards however you like…

As long as you’re around… I can always be my true self. So, it’s fine. Only… the fate of the Phantom Thieves is rather unclear. The arcana is set in a tricky position. You can almost say it’s facing both heaven and hell… This is the first time I’ve ever seen anything like it.

Of course! We’re dating, you know? ...But I’m sure it’ll be OK!

As the fortune teller who changes fates, I will guide you so you can avoid misfortune!

I feel a strong bond with Chihaya…

Are you OK with your girlfriend being a country bumpkin…? It’s become a habit of mine to hide my native tongue… And I’m not used to fancy places like this…

Ah… I’m speaking in my country dialect again… Um…

So, um…

So let’s figure it out together…

I spent a long time with Chihaya…

I somehow prefer it when they don’t feel the need to constantly remind us how weird and awful the situation of dating an adult is.

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 4, 2019

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Chihaya is adorable just too bad she's an actual adult.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Chihaya an adult?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

She’s like 20 I think?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She definitely reads as the youngest of the adult options but her age still isn't clear to my knowledge

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
It’s crazy to think how they could have gotten around this by setting the game at a University.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Getting away from that, I do love the movie scenes. I really do wonder how they read in the japanese version. Is it similar or was the localization team allowed to mess around with it and have fun? Cause it sounds like they enjoyed that.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
The daily ife scenes in this are usually pretty good, yes, but can I just say how annoyed I am at the trope of somebody you know asking "what you're doing here," in a public place of business, just because it's not usually where they see each other. "What are you doing here"- it's an electronics store, Chihaya, and a fairly popular one too; what do you think Maaku is doing here? Jumping rope?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Anyone knows what "accent" or dialect Chihaya's supposed to have in the original version? I tried looking on the wiki but all I got was this :smith: piece of trivia:

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Chihaya_Mifune posted:

Chihaya's Japanese voice actress, Miyu Matsuki, died of malignant lymphoma on 27 October 2015 at the age of 38. Although not officially confirmed by her agency, Persona 5 is generally believed to be her last professional performance, at least in the video game category.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

I don't actually know, but either some provincial dialect that reads as country bumpkin, or shes from near Osaka but not in the city. That's my guess

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Req.Martyr posted:

I don't actually know, but either some provincial dialect that reads as country bumpkin, or shes from near Osaka but not in the city. That's my guess

Whenever anime says country, they almost universally seem to mean Kansai-ben or one of its analogues, so that's my guess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I thought the twins were bad but with how far you're going now, you're absolutely going to get an immediate bad end if anyone finds out how many people you're dating behind their backs.

resurgam40 posted:

The daily ife scenes in this are usually pretty good, yes, but can I just say how annoyed I am at the trope of somebody you know asking "what you're doing here," in a public place of business, just because it's not usually where they see each other. "What are you doing here"- it's an electronics store, Chihaya, and a fairly popular one too; what do you think Maaku is doing here? Jumping rope?

Seems accurate for someone you weren't expecting to see and also curiosity.

'Salutations, I did not anticipate encountering you at this place of business. What is your reason for being here today?'
'I am looking for a new computer monitor.'
'Understandable, have a nice day.'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 17, 2019

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Anyone else notice how in this game and other pieces of Japanese media characters always seem to be apologising for speaking in their local dialects? Like, these characters are worried they'll offend someone or something by talking "like a hick"?

I mean, I get it, there's often rivalries between dialects in countries, but it's only in Japan (that I know of) where people are apologising for their dialect and worrying it might disturb someone.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

LJN92 posted:

Anyone else notice how in this game and other pieces of Japanese media characters always seem to be apologising for speaking in their local dialects? Like, these characters are worried they'll offend someone or something by talking "like a hick"?

I mean, I get it, there's often rivalries between dialects in countries, but it's only in Japan (that I know of) where people are apologising for their dialect and worrying it might disturb someone.

Apologizing for everything is just SOP in Japan.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
The scenes with Chihaya are cute, but her last skill is trash.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
There was also a major push in Japan from the late 1800's through to about the 1960's to replace language varieties with "Standard Japanese" in education, media, and general use. This was primarily aimed at trying to phase out regional languages like Ryukyuan and Okinawan, but it was also aimed at regional dialects of Japanese itself, particularly from the 1940's onward. You could be punished in school for speaking or writing in a regional dialect, and there was a general attempt in media to portray those who used a regional dialect as inferior or less sophisticated. While the actual attempts by the government to enforce this have been dead for a couple decades now and Japan is considerably rich in distinct regional dialects despite those efforts, there would still be plenty of folks alive in Japan today who remember it at its peak. I'd have to imagine some of that old negative attitude of regional dialects being inferior to "Standard Japanese" has transmitted to younger generations through cultural osmosis.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's certainly not named in the Japanese version (she just refers to it as from 'the country' as in the English). If it's anything I specific I don't recognise it but I'm not a dialectxpert.

Drakenel posted:

Getting away from that, I do love the movie scenes. I really do wonder how they read in the japanese version. Is it similar or was the localization team allowed to mess around with it and have fun? Cause it sounds like they enjoyed that.

The dialogue (at least, in this case) is identical so '[go] back to the future' (though, it's Japanese wording whereas the movie was just left as 'Back to the Future' even in Japan) could just as well have been a reference on their side.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 22, 2019

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Polsy posted:

The dialogue (at least, in this case) is identical so '[go] back to the future' (though, it's Japanese wording whereas the movie was just left as 'Back to the Future' even in Japan) could just as well have been a reference on their side.

So Futaba is all excited about the sci-fi possibilities in the protagonist going back in time and meeting his parents.

:smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XII: A Festival For The Rest Of Us

In our regular check-in with the twins, we… make no new progress. How unfortunate.

We’re running out of things to do! We’ve capped on exercise gains, don’t have any more time-related trophies to grind out, and our only remaining Confidants have all hit gates. So, let’s spend time with one of our seven girlfriends.

Hm, what should we do today?

But… I feel like I’m sitting a little too close. I think my heart’s going to explode… What’s with you, Maaku!? No matter the situation, you always have that calm look on your face! All right, I’ve made up my mind! I’m going to break that composure for sure! I hope you’re ready…!

Just kidding…? Ehehe… Oh… This reminds me of that training we did in the park. You know, when I had you say all that different stuff to me. My heart was pounding back then. So what about now…? Was your heart… pounding…?

I should give it to her as a gift…

These are my flan, get your own!

Maybe I shouldn’t give any gifts for now… I have a special bond with Ann…
Can we stay together a little longer…? Please?
I spent some time alone with Ann… …… It’s getting late… I should probably take her to the train station…

Well, that was pointless!

Let’s make coffee!

We’re improving! In fact, the next time we make coffee…

...Look, I gotta fill these updates with something, all right?

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

Who should I go to the post-festival party with…?

We’re going to be seeing the rest of these festival scenes today. We’ll start with Makoto’s.

Well then. I’ll head over to the gymnasium.

Everybody give them another round of applause!

There is some extremely tepid applause from the audience.

...My apologies for being so distracted. I can’t stop thinking about Akechi-kun… Are we really no match for him…?

Round of applause, everyone!

More scattered applause.

The older teachers seem to enjoy it for some reason though…
All right, who has something to say? Anyone, anyone!? No? I’ll just have to pick someone then!
Oh, he’s choosing from the crowd? The MC this year is actually somewhat capable.
Oooh, this that our lovely student council president over there!?

Come on up here, Miss Prez!

Music: My Homie

That’s not really the proper use for that phrase…
Everybody’s waiting for you, Miss President!

More vigorous applause from the crowd this time.

*sigh*

Hello…

The audience applauds, and some rando shouts “Miss President!”

So, with the Kamoshida scandal, Principal Kobayakawa’s passing, and even that Hawaii trip…

How morbid. Bringing up Kamoshida and the principal’s untimely death seems like a great way to get yanked off the stage with a big hook by the teachers.

I’d be surprised if you’ve had any time to study for your entrance exams! Now then, on with the show! What would you like to share with us today, Miss President?

...Miss President?
Ummm… I… don’t really have anything to say… I’m sorry.
Here, I’ll give you a question… Do you think the Phantom Thieves are really Shujin students?

The audience begins murmuring, saying “Oh?” and “He’s going for the kill!”

We’re all dying to know what Akechi-kun was going to say about their true identities. Some people theorize that they go to our very school… So, are they from Shujin? What do you think, Miss President?
What… do I think…?

I need to change the subject…
That’s…

Now this is drama! A boy caught in the throes of bittersweet youth! A stunning confession of love!

Really!?
Ohoho!
Wow, way to go!

The audience gets excited.

I think it was him!

Sooo, Miss President! What’s your relation to this guy?

My, she’s red as a beet!

The audience laughs.

A rare glimpse into the girly side of our stunning Miss President! But I’m a gentleman. It hurts my heart to bully such a sweet girl! Well, did you all enjoy our blushing beauty? Thank you very much, Miss President!

The audience gets bummed out.

Just when it was getting interesting!
C’mon MC, do your job!

The post-festival party has never felt that long before… By the way, I’m surprised you were able to say what you did back there.

I was at a complete loss for words. You really helped me… Thank you. This may be a little rude to say, but you’re surprisingly reliable in a pinch.

I know the slip of the tongue here is the big thing, but I’m really just upset she’s taking advice from Sae.

...Urgh!

My final post-festival party has turned out to be quite the unforgettable one.

If you’d accept this…

Come, let’s go home.

Sweet, we got some donuts.

Ann time.

I’ll see you at the gymnasium.
I should head to the gym…

...Oh, sorry. I was just worried about the whole thing with Akechi-kun… We’re gonna be OK, right?

And now, it’s time for your favorite Shujin tradition: the Student Sharing Special! Round of applause, everyone!
They’re really doing this again this year…?
All right, who has something to say? Anyone, anyone!? No? I’ll just have to pick someone then!
I guess this disorder really makes the post-festival party what it is.
How about… the girl in the hoodie with the super bleached hair!?

It’s natural, thank you very much.

Well then, come on up!

Would that be OK…?
Come, come. Everyone’s waiting!
Ughhh, fine.

Takamaki…

You stole my heart!
Oh, you’re so cute!

Back off, punks.

Ah, Takamaki-san! Good looks, smokin’ body… You don’t look like you have a complaint in the world…! Now then, on with the show! What would you like to share with us today, Takamaki-san?

...Takamaki-san?
I-I don’t know…!
Here, I’ll give you a question… Do you think the Phantom Thieves are really Shujin students?

We’re all dying to know what Akechi-kun was going to say about their true identities.

Why would she know?!

So, are they from Shujin? What do you think, Takamaki-san?
What do I think…?

Ummm…

“I can almost see them…!” Jesus christ.

Now this is drama! A boy caught in the throes of bittersweet youth! A stunning confession of love!

I think it was him!

Sooo, Takamaki-san! What’s your relation to this guy?
Huh!?
My, she’s red as a beet! But I’m a gentleman. It hurts my heart to bully such a sweet girl! Well, did you all enjoy our blushing beauty? Thank you very much, Takamaki-san!

Ugh… that was embarrassing. I can’t believe you had the courage to stand up and say that in front of everyone.

So you did it to help me… At any rate, I had really frozen up for a second there. So… thanks. You were a huge help. You know, you’re actually a pretty dependable guy. I think we’ll be good together…

Talking about the future… That’s a bit too heavy for right now, huh? Ahahaha!

*giggle*

But this post-festival party actually turned out pretty fun.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

……

Wanna head home together?

And that’s another one down. I promise the next two are at least a little different.

Seeya at the gym.

And now, it’s time for your favorite Shujin tradition: the Student Sharing Special! Round of applause, everyone!
They’re doin’ this again…?
All right, who has something to say? Anyone, anyone!?

Hmmm… Where is “this guy”? I can’t seem to find him! Oh well! Uh, Blondie, step on up here!

Mishima’s invisibility finally pays off for him.

Exactly.
Come, come. Everyone’s waiting!

Sakamoto…

The audience whispers about Ryuji’s reputation.

Ah, Sakamoto-kun! You look like someone filled to the brim with pent-up anger toward society!

What the gently caress kind of party is this?

Anyway, on with the show! What would you like to share with us today, Sakamoto-kun?

Sakamoto-kun…?

Huh…?
What’s this!? Our Sakamoto-kun may look tough, but it turns out he has a nasty case of stage fright!

The audience begins to laugh and jeer.

We’re all dying to know what Akechi-kun was going to say about their true identities. So, are they from Shujin? What do you think, Sakamoto-kun?
U-Um, well…

THE GAME KNOWS

Let’s go confess our love for Ryuji or whatever the gently caress.

S-So uh, y-y’know…

Oooh! Sakamoto-kun’s very identity is being questioned!

The audience continues to laugh and jeer.

(whispering) That dick…

You whispered it into the microphone, genius.

You over there! Would you like to join in!?

Well then, come on up!

Goddammit, Ryuji.

The audience mockingly applauds.

Ryuji pulls out his phone.

(we actually get points with Yusuke for saying this, heh)

No, you idiot! No one knows us, and this mood is getting way too weird! OK? Give me back the Maaku I know!

Do you have… anything?
*shakes head*

Well uh, I guess that’s the end of that! Let’s move on to the next person, shall we? Let’s give him a nice round of applause!

The audience laughs at us one last time.

Music: Break it Down

Turns out you’re just a big chicken, huh…?
I’m gonna kill you if you don’t shut it…

No…! I… I can’t stop… laughing… *snicker*
Dude… By the way, I woulda been totally effed if you hadn’t said something. ...Thanks.

Mishima continues to laugh hysterically.

Grr…

RYUJI, DOG

Anyway, Mishima is still laughing.

...Huh, I’m kinda jealous.

Okay man, it wasn’t that funny.

Hanging around Kawakami at school seems like an even worse idea than the usual Kawakami bad ideas, but whatever.

...Thanks. I’ll be waiting at the gym.

Oh no, I somehow insulted her by accident! Forgive me!

...Anyway, about what Akechi-kun said earlier…

...Wanna go someplace where we can be alone? There’s something I want to talk to you about. Enjoy the post-festival party. Just stop by the students’ association room when you’re done.

Kawakami walks away.

No? I’ll just have to pick someone then! How about… The good sir over there!

Well then, come on up!

Now, now! You’re not shy, are you!?

The audience laughs.

He’s either a carefree spirit who does as he pleases or an airhead who’s oblivious to the situation!
I should go see Kawakami…

Let’s move on to our next participant…!

...You know how Akechi-kun was talking about the true identity of the Phantom Thieves…? Well, lemme know if you’re in any trouble, OK? I’ll be there to help you.

No matter what’s going on around you… I’ll always be on your side. I know I always end up depending on you, because you’re so reliable…

No, we’re at school. Remember?

That was a test. I’d say you passed, but we both failed a long-rear end time ago.

*sigh* That’s a relief…

Get home safely.

And that’s the festival.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I always thought it was kind of weird that only Kawakami and Haru give you Japanese treats. Everyone else gives you western desserts, or a hot dog.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I really wish you could shout that you love Ryuji.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I really wish you could shout that you love Ryuji.

Speaking of love for Ryuji

https://youtu.be/9MMARhFYDf0

Ryuji’s Royal introduction trailer. He gets a combo attack with Yusuke and, more importantly, third tier personas are back. They seem to be fusions of both first and second tiers

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have no idea what's dirty about cream puffs!

I wonder how many times the twins are going to beat up Maaku before this LP is over with.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Geostomp posted:

Speaking of love for Ryuji

https://youtu.be/9MMARhFYDf0

Ryuji’s Royal introduction trailer. He gets a combo attack with Yusuke and, more importantly, third tier personas are back. They seem to be fusions of both first and second tiers

The most powerful Persona, Pirate Goku.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

The most powerful Persona, Pirate Goku.

Pirate plus Goku equals Uncle Death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWrrobVU22Q

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/That0nePinhead/status/1144267666603020290

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XIII: Better To Have Loved And Lost

Huh, I haven’t put out an update in almost two weeks! Surely I can’t have been playing that much of the new FFXIV expac, can I?

Aw christ! Well, let’s jump back into it.

We return to the evergreen sight of us getting our rear end handed to us by the twins. We’re doing marginally better this time, however.

At least until this happens. At about half health, the twins will use Diarahan on each other to fully heal themselves. They’ll only do this once, but it’s still rather uncool.

And that’s how that attempt ends.

11 turns? New record! :toot:

Allow me to disclose the results of our examination. If I had to describe your current state…

You were probably feeling all confident in yourself when you challenged us, right? There’s nothing you can say after a miserable defeat like that though.
However, it would not be interesting if you quit here. Accept this. Think of it as… a participation award.

drat kids, demanding participation trophies from the even younger kids who beat them up

Prepare well if you wish to hold a true battle. Ordinary effort alone cannot overturn this result.

That Expedite Ring we got increases our experience gain by 50%.

One thing we’re doing a lot of these days is loving sleeping, because we have absolutely no night Confidants left.

So am I. As a cop, Makoto would be obligated to arrest us for that.

Futaba Rank 9: Part 160: 11/26

That makes sense for him though. I mean, he’s basically my dad. But you don’t have a reason like that, so… why are you so nice?

Am I, um… the only one you treat like this…?

Don’t loving date your sister.

We don’t actually have a Mementos target at the moment, but it’s Flu Season, and if you remember the benefits of that, you’ll understand pretty much immediately what our goal is here.

We “defeat” the Reaper four times, taking us from level 55 to 76, which is high enough to unlock every character’s final skill, including Akechi’s. Why bother doing this when I could just get the levels to defeat the twins naturally? Well, I can’t get to that level easily outside of Qliphoth World, the final final final dungeon, at which point the twins have turned back into Lavenza and can’t be fought. You can’t fight them at any point on December 24th, actually. So this is just a way to even the odds a bit. Those twins won’t know what hit ‘em.

Haru Rank 9: Part 162: 12/1

But first and finally, we must break one last heart.

You’re… probably right.

I have entrance exams coming up… so I don’t really have time to be sitting around here… But, um… thank you for today…

It hurts so bad, but we must do this, entirely to spare her feelings and not at all because I’m afraid that if Haru finds out we cheated on her with seven other women we’ll turn into literal fertilizer. Next time though, we’re taking down Caroline and Justine!

Arist fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 4, 2019

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Of all the rejections scenes, Haru's the worst. :negative:

Arist posted:

Don’t loving date your sister.

:golfclap:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

For some reason Haru is the only one who seems genuinely hurt. With the others it's mostly mild disappointment.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Worst part of my playthrough for sure.

Also 1 update too late but I guess that Ryuji skit is as close as we're gonna get to loving Yusuke.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
One more reason she's the best.

Also, thank you for not dating Futaba.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Wiseblood posted:

For some reason Haru is the only one who seems genuinely hurt. With the others it's mostly mild disappointment.

Yeah. She seems to be the one who will always carry a torch for Joker. Makes it all the worst given that her joining time and high stat requirement make her the least commonly picked girl in the Phantom Thieves, so she's almost always getting heartbroken.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, thank you for not dating Futaba and then immediately cheating on her after she just opened up emotionally to people.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Haru arranges Joker's death two weeks after the game ends.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haru, Tae, and Chihaya are gonna team up to find a way to kill Joker and steal his ability to have multiple Personas so she can take over as leader.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Ann and Yusuke's R trailers are out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TSGgukT8ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZTHTsXr5M

Everyone will be getting multiple combo attacks.

Doesn't show their 3rd level Persona's but seems to confirm the perfect dream world theory.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

TheKirbs posted:

Ann and Yusuke's R trailers are out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TSGgukT8ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVZTHTsXr5M

Everyone will be getting multiple combo attacks.

Doesn't show their 3rd level Persona's but seems to confirm the perfect dream world theory.

Interesting. Ann getting combo attacks with most the starting cast will definitely make her even more useful for the early game, even though she was already your best nuker until Makoto shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iamgoofball posted:

Interesting. Ann getting combo attacks with most the starting cast will definitely make her even more useful for the early game, even though she was already your best nuker until Makoto shows up.

Makoto was never a good damage dealer though? What makes her useful is her general utility and tankyness.