Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Arist, I promise to use my third wish to set you free from having to LP The Royal

A finger on the monkey's paw curls.

Arist is forced to LP Persona 5 Scramble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I would watch a P5Scramble video LP, as long as he had a co-commentator and they shot the poo poo/mocked it together.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The thread is your own personal Morgana. Only instead of telling you to sleep at a reasonable hour, it's telling you to play increasingly longer RPGs.

Looking forward to Arist's LP of Lost Odyssey.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

The thread is your own personal Morgana. Only instead of telling you to sleep at a reasonable hour, it's telling you to play increasingly longer RPGs.

You will surpass Crow and 100% White Knight Chronicles without a save editor.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVII: Mass Incarceration

I’m going to spend this update filling out the rest of the Inmate Registry. My initial plan was to do this in the final segment of the final dungeon so we could get Lavenza’s dialogue instead of Caroline and Justine’s, but I hosed up and forgot to grab a Treasure Demon, so I had to reload a slightly older save and do it from there. Anyway, we’ve got a lot of Personas to fuse and it’s gonna take forever, so… Lightning Round! No descriptions, just names, go!

I’ve always been unsettled by Satan’s many bountiful teets

All right, we done yet? ...No? poo poo. We cleared all the question marks…

...But that still leaves Advanced Fusions and the capstones for each Arcana, some of which we’ve gotten but others we have not, or require specific Persona combinations. So let’s jump back into it.

Rude.

Shiva is a unique fusion from Barong and Rangda.

Are we done now?

Nope, we just ran out of money! I’m actually kind of glad I had to reload that save because grinding another five hundred thousand yen for this when I don’t have access to the airsoft shop to sell things would have really sucked.

What does it mean about me that Lucifer is a manifestation of my self? Eh, whatever.

Ardha is a unique fusion from Shiva and Parvati.

All right, we can finally fuse the final Persona, Satanael. For some reason his arcana isn’t World, though. Also this is the third time in a row I’ve had to summon Michael for one of these Advanced Fusions. He costs sixty-six thousand yen to summon. These children are eating me out of house and home.

Let’s make this bad boy, then.

And that’s the last trophy I needed.

Every row in my Inmate Registry has been filled with the names of Personas. Our master is very satisfied at the progress you’ve made toward your rehabilitation as well. As such, he has granted permission to lower the price of summoning Personas to the lowest possible.
But don’t think you’ll be getting them for free! The world isn’t that easy! ...Still, I’ll recognize the fruits of your labor. Well done, Inmate.
I’m surprised that you were able to gain this much power. Use that strength to its fullest to aid in your rehabilitation.

We can now summon Personas at 50% base cost. :toot:

One final treat for all of you: What happens when you go into the final boss fight without Mishima’s Confidant maxed out? Well, I just so happen to have some footage I captured like two years ago on my original save file to show it off. Mishima’s still in the animated cutscene that plays when the Qliphoth World comes into existence, but during the final boss…

So instead of Mishima, our loyal compatriot who’s been with us all this time, rallying the masses… it’s this random rear end in a top hat with weird pants.

I love it.

Weirdly Mishima just shows up for the next scene with Sojiro, though. Whatever.

Arist fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 31, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ah, Brown-haired Young Man. Truly his importance to the story of Persona 5 cannot be understated.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ah, Brown-haired Young Man. Truly his importance to the story of Persona 5 cannot be understated.

B-HYM will be the new aeon confidant

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

B-HYM will be the new aeon confidant
I'll get inside that motherfucker's pants if it means I can wear them afterwards.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

B-HYM?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

New Royal trailer.

Surprising no one, Akechi lives and stays in the party. In his edgy Loki outfit even. :shepface:

Oh, there's an Akechi trailer, too.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 2, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

New Royal trailer.

Surprising no one, Akechi lives and stays in the party. In his edgy Loki outfit even. :shepface:

Oh, there's an Akechi trailer, too.

is this unctuous motherfucker trying to copy joker's look

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think the wig and glasses thing was Joker's idea of how to get Akechi to blend in so he stops being bothered by people while they're in public.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
also just saw translations of the text, the "dream world" theory is pretty much confirmed

further, it looks like joker and akechi are the only ones aware of it, and akechi's trying to persuade joker to gently caress everything up and return to the real world

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Oxxidation posted:

also just saw translations of the text, the "dream world" theory is pretty much confirmed

further, it looks like joker and akechi are the only ones aware of it, and akechi's trying to persuade joker to gently caress everything up and return to the real world

Well, still pissed that you know how is back, but this does explain why he'd be allowed to continue roaming free after his mass murders or be tolerated in the team.

Also, we got a glimpse of Makoto's third tier Persona: a big, blue armored motorcycle. Guess that proves all the fusions are variations on the characters' original Persona's. Which is good, because the old second-tiers were all kind of weird for them. Especially Makoto who had to switch from uniquely revving around to holding a JoJo pose.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 2, 2019

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i do like what it implies about akechi's own character arc too if the above spoilers bear out

it stands to reason that akechi, who lost his loving mind after realizing that the artificial affection he got from his carefully cultivated image under shido tasted like ash in his mouth compared to his brief contact with joker, would be repulsed by whatever lotus-eater bullshit the party's being fed in this extra arc

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It’s also entirely possible that Akechi is still dead and this is a cognition Joker creates in the perfect Dream World.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

New PV full o' spoilers: https://youtu.be/n_T9ozWh_dM

Also, someone at Atlus saw Salt Bae:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Oxxidation posted:

i do like what it implies about akechi's own character arc too if the above spoilers bear out

it stands to reason that akechi, who lost his loving mind after realizing that the artificial affection he got from his carefully cultivated image under shido tasted like ash in his mouth compared to his brief contact with joker, would be repulsed by whatever lotus-eater bullshit the party's being fed in this extra arc

My deepest hope is that Akechi living and joining the party is itself a fake dream currently being extended to the Akechi lovers, and it too will be rejected and burned by Joker, who sees things how they really are.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

My deepest hope is that Akechi living and joining the party is itself a fake dream currently being extended to the Akechi lovers, and it too will be rejected and burned by Joker, who sees things how they really are.

prepare to be disappointed

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Oxxidation posted:

prepare to be disappointed

I post on Something Awful.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

It also helps that he and Joker were both chosen to be Yaldy's Wild Cards. Meaning that likely be the only ones with the clarity and will to resist being locked into what is essentially a glorified prison no matter how bad their lives may become otherwise.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I do think you can redeem him, but he's still going to have to go to jail for a couple years. It'd also be best if they rewrote the train scene if they're going that route.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

I do think you can redeem him, but he's still going to have to go to jail for a couple years. It'd also be best if they rewrote the train scene if they're going that route.

He is going to jail for more then a couple years because even ignoring the train scene he was still an assassin.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
good luck proving that the high-school talk show celebrity snuffed out a healthy percentage of japan's elite with secret brain magic

even miles edgeworth would pop his ascot trying to make that work

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
Oh gently caress me, he's a full Confidante now instead of a story one. Godamnit.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean, with the game being an almost complete and utter restructuring of the original (new dungeon layouts, new bosses, new mechanics, etc), I actually think they might change the story context behind Akechi's actions, and Shido's use of him, turning him into an almost new character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

good luck proving that the high-school talk show celebrity snuffed out a healthy percentage of japan's elite with secret brain magic

How would you prove anything that the shadow conspiracy did? The assumption is that he fesses up so that you can avoid jail time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

How would you prove anything that the shadow conspiracy did? The assumption is that he fesses up so that you can avoid jail time.

if we're going to spitball about this, i know that japan's prosecutors love an easy case but i think they'd be much more comfortable nailing akechi on his numerous and easily provable instances of fraud/obstruction of justice without getting into the nitty-gritty of "Your Honor, a cell phone app holds the key to our hearts, which is also our brain. no, there were no metaphors in that sentence"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

So what you're saying is that we should get Blackquill?

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

So what you're saying is that we should get Blackquill?

I think this would be a situation that calls for Manfred von Karma. Only he could get the judge to just accept it as fact.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Oxxidation posted:

Considering half the poo poo that takes place in Ace Attorney, it probably wouldn't be so hard.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Considering half the poo poo that takes place in Ace Attorney, it probably wouldn't be so hard.

How many times did we get ghosts to testify, again?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

BisbyWorl posted:

Your Honor, I would like to use this small nerd child to channel the soul of her dead mother to testify!

Stroth fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 4, 2019

Malah
May 18, 2015

Your Honor, I would like to cross-examine the witness's pet cat!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XVIII: Almost Christmas

Music: Alleycat

It seems to be an invite to spend time together…
...Is something wrong?

…… Very well. You can turn yourself in tomorrow morning.

But let’s meet up, just the two of us. We can keep it a secret from everyone else. How about dinner somewhere, and then back to your room?

Couples usually spend this time together, don’t they? Is there any way we could meet right now…?

But it’s Christmas Eve. I want to spend it together with you. Do you think we could walk around the city a bit… and then head back to your room?

It said, “You must deepen your love by spending time with your sweetheart.” So… can I see you right now?

Do you want to meet? I don’t want to force it, but…

...but I figured you’d want to do something as a couple. You know, I wouldn’t mind it if we spent the day together…

But let’s do something! Maybe eat and then head back to your place?

This update is going to just be seeing all these Christmas scenes. I have no idea why I decided to do this. If you don’t care about any of this, you should probably just skip the next two updates. Or at least just watch the ones you’re interested in.

We’ll choose Ann first.

I’ll be waiting for you in front of Shibuya Station.

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

Ugh, I really messed up… I thought we’d be able to eat somewhere without a reservation. And this was supposed to be our chance to spend Christmas Eve together…

Go out? Eat dinner together? If we were both adults… get drunk together? I just don’t know.

I won’t be able to see Ann again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

Surprise! You totally weren’t expecting that, now were you?

Music: Confession/Secret

But the whole Shido incident has been on the news every day, right? I’m a little worried… If the police find out about the Phantom Thieves… It’s not that I’m afraid of getting caught. I lie awake at night thinking about what I’d do if I couldn’t see you anymore…

But telling her about it would only cause her to panic…

...What’s wrong?

Hm? For what?

Sorry, I’m really ruining the mood… I think I’m just gonna go home.

No, I’ll be OK.

...Good night.

Even so, this is the only way…

Next up, Makoto.

I’m over in Shibuya now. Let’s meet up in front of the station.

Plus all the couples look so happy together…

This isn’t any different than usual, is it…?

I won’t be able to see Makoto again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

It’s a present for you.

I hope you like it…

If you love it so much, I guess you won’t mind if I eat the receipt?

But my sister has been handling the Shido case. Seems like she’s run into some trouble… Not quite sure on what though… All she’s told me, is that they’re having a hard time getting people to testify against him. I trust my sister, and… I’m sure she’ll do her job well… But, it’s a little scary, not knowing what might happen…

There’s even the possibility that they’ll fabricate a crime and move to arrest you all.

...What’s wrong?

Wh-What do you mean…?

I-I’m sorry for bringing up such a strange topic. On Christmas Eve, no less… I’ll be going now.

...No, I’m fine.

Good night.

You’ve probably noticed that those two scenes were near-identical! Well, we have five more to go!

Next, Hifumi.

Let’s meet in Shibuya. I’ll be waiting in front of the station.

Weaving through crowds of people… It’s as if I have become a knight… I hope that this will make up for my lack of daily exercise…

You’ve been staring at me this entire time. Is there something you’d like to say…?

I won’t be able to see Hifumi again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
Oh dear. I almost forgot something very important…

It’s nothing special, but I wanted you to have it…

I wanted to talk to you about something today…

I’m worried that… something might happen to you… I thought that it was wrong for someone so righteous to get caught… But… *sigh* ...Sorry.

There’s even the possibility that they’ll fabricate a crime and move to arrest you all.

Um…?

Oh… I see…

Sorry, I should mind my own business… I’m going to go.

No, it’s fine.

...I wish you had talked to me about it.

...Good night.

Takemi time.

I’m heading to Shibuya, so let’s meet in front of the station.

I’m surprised we ended up together, considering how many women there are in the world.

I won’t be able to see Takemi again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

...Take it. I know this isn’t like me at all, but…

I thought you died in a prison suicide, but here you are sitting right in front of me. That, of course, is something we should celebrate, you know? But… I know that’s not allowed in this country.

What, loving minors? Oh, you mean the boring kind of celebrating.

Are you sure you’re going to be OK…?

...Hm?

I see…

I’m beat… I’m going to go.

I’ll be fine.

But you invited me, remember?

Good night…

Now for Chihaya.

Let’s meet in front of Shibuya Station.

You were looking at another girl, weren’t you?

gently caress

You’re trying to dodge the question, with all your might! There’s no point in trying to hide it from me.

And that conversation dies, resolution never to be reached.

I won’t be able to see Chihaya again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…

Please take this. I hope you like it…

...Just kidding.

...Can I tell you something without you getting angry? Thanks to the Phantom Thieves, this city… or rather, this world… is on a better path. However… in contrast, you are personally facing a very bumpy road ahead… You’re going to be OK, right…?

...What’s wrong?

Sorry this is so sudden… I should go…

I can get home by myself…

Good night…

Now for Ohya. Are you sick of this yet? I am!

Let’s say we meet in Shibuya? I’ll see you near the station.

Maybe we shouldn’t have gone out…

Man, no one’s going for my lines tonight.

I won’t be able to see Ohya again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
Oh yeah…

You’re happy right? Just admit it.

I heard that Shido is divulging everything. It’s like he’s a changed man. Rumor has it that his arrest is imminent. And another rumor I heard is that… The police are gonna make a move to save face. And their target… is the Phantom Thieves. They want to make it known that justice is on their side… I’m kinda worried…

...Hm?

I see… I’m gonna go.

No need.

Good night…

Last up, Kawakami. Can’t even work up the urge to be skeeved out because I’m so tired of transcribing the same poo poo.

OK, let’s meet in Shibuya, near Buchiko.

Like how they’re totally OK with kissing in public while still wearing their uniforms… Wouldn’t it shock you if you saw something like that?

I won’t be able to see Kawakami again after tomorrow… We spent a long time talking…
...Oh yeah!

Here’s your present. Thanks for everything.

I’m happy that I get to spend time with you like this, you know? Given I thought you were dead… But I know that this isn’t normal… Does it bother you that I worry…?

I don’t really understand the logic behind “gotta turn myself in for Kawakami’s/Hifumi’s/Takemi’s/Chihaya’s/Ohya’s sake.” They’re not Phantom Thieves, they’re not the ones at risk here.

Hm? What’s wrong…?

I see… So it is a bother… I think I’ll go…

It’s fine. I wouldn’t want to bother you.

And we’re done with that nightmare of watching the same scene seven times. But another horror show waits just over the horizon. Join us next time… for Valentine’s Day.

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 8, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Valentine's Day! :munch:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I love Hifumi's dress.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:aaa: a Persona protagonist who doesn't gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The contrast between angry expression and happy head symbols never fails to confuse me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Just imagine all the brand new relationship events that Royal will add :v: