Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The contrast between angry expression and happy head symbols never fails to confuse me.

She is angryly blushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rannum posted:

Just imagine all the brand new relationship events that Royal will add :v:
I refuse.

Bookthief
Jan 28, 2019
Really seems like the gloves that Hifumi gives as a present should be Shogi themed somehow.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Bookthief posted:

Really seems like the gloves that Hifumi gives as a present should be Shogi themed somehow.

None of the other gifts were that personalized. Unless Ann has some deep connection to earmuffs or Makoto to watches that I don’t know about.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It kind of bothers me that the writers had Maaku not tell his girlfriend the truth here because he wanted to spare their feelings rather than respecting they're strong enough to be able to handle hearing the news. All of them are smart enough to realize something's wrong anyway so this makes this scene feel even more pointless.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Kaneshiro gets way less poo poo than he should considering he runs a literal pedophile sex ring.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think it's also implied that the MC doesn't tell anyone because he knows they'd try to stop him.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Gen. Ripper posted:

Kaneshiro gets way less poo poo than he should considering he runs a literal pedophile sex ring.

He has the good fortune of being a less relatable sort of evil than Kamoshida, not having a Shiho type character to give weight to the damage he's done (probably a good thing, given the general issues of the game's handling of her story), and having a much less engaging performance.

Also he looks like Eric Cartman for some reason.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XIX: Lovesickness

Time for the sequel to my Christmas nightmare, Valentine’s Day!

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

How’s it feel to be free? You better come see me… Or I’ll just go to your place tomorrow.

Just kidding. I just wanted to see you. Can I come over tomorrow after work?

I want to talk to you in person, so are you free tomorrow? I can make the trip to meet you somewhere if you want.

I’d like to see you. Do you have any plans for tomorrow evening?

I have so much I want to talk to you about. I’d love to see you…

It’ll be part two of the celebration for your release from prison. Just me and you. There’s something I want to give you too. Is it OK if I come by your place?

I’d like to spend some time with you tomorrow. Is it OK if I stop by Leblanc?

Good night!

Come on, let’s go to bed. You’re working at the shop from tomorrow onward, right?

Don’t you have anything exciting happening? I mean, you’ve been here nearly a whole year. Y’know, when I was young, hoo boy…

Music: Sweet

Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

This is, to my knowledge, the single acknowledgment of Morgana’s in the entire game to you dating Ann. Which sucks, because I really want to rub it in that little cat face of his.

Isn’t it heavy? I filled it with love.

Um… I don’t wanna go home today.

So, can I sit next to you?
*nod*

You’re going home next month, aren’t you? Does that mean this is gonna be a long-distance relationship?

Really…?

I already waited this long for you to get released… so I guess long-distance is nothing.

I’ll smack you if you say I’m too heavy…

Like the Christmas dates, the Valentine’s dates will all follow the same basic formula. If you only care about some, just scroll through for those. Or again, just skip this one. That works too.

I’ll come around when the store closes. Well, good night.

Sorry to barge in like this…

...Thank you for agreeing to spend this time with me.

I considered making it by hand… Would you have preferred that?

Still… I’m glad we’re able to be here together. I wanted to give my first Valentine’s Day chocolate… directly to you.

...I’ve been studying hard. I’m looking to apply to law school. My dream of becoming a police commissioner remains the same.

That’s a shame.

I know I can do it… especially with your help.

Um, can I sit next to you…?
*nod*

You’re going back next month, right? What will happen… to us?

You know, there was a lot I wanted to say, but none of it matters now that we’re here together. After all that waiting, living in different places doesn’t seem like such a big deal.

I’m not asking too much… am I?

Well, if you insist… I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.

Oh, no… It’s not like I’m trying to lecture you… The reason I’m here today is…

Through my attempt to make that… I realized… my lack of talent.

I need to devote myself to learning how to do things… other than shogi.

Um… People still call me the Phony Princess. I’m quite the villain now. But to be honest, I like it better than being treated like an idol. It’s really freeing. As long as I have a board and playing pieces… I can go anywhere with shogi… So my goal is to be the best professional shogi player wherever I may be… Do you understand what I’m trying to say?

Um…

Oh… that’s troubling… I would like to sit next to you.

You’re going home next month, yes? Thinking about you leaving, I…

...I apologize for discussing such a heavy topic when we haven’t seen each other for so long… Well, I was able to wait for you until you were discharged, so living apart won’t be difficult… (on the verge of tears) I can’t seem to conceal my true emotions… from you.

Ohhh… You should’ve just told me. Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

Huh!? What do you know!?

Your stay at the reformatory isn’t something that can be pardoned by an ex-post facto report, you know.

Oh.

By the way, do you know why I stopped by…?

I ordered it from overseas. There’s nothing in it that could harm you.

That’s both reassuring and suspicious!

It’s been a while since the last time we did this.

That new medicine, for that girl I told you about, has been working really well. And it’s all thanks to my little guinea pig.

What do you wanna talk about…?

I see… Can I sit next to you?

Not legally!

So, you’re leaving next month, huh? I think it’d be a bit too far for me to make a house call.

I was never really into younger guys…

Coulda fooled me!

...I won’t take no for an answer.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Ohhh… You should’ve just told me. Here, I’ll leave the store to you. Enjoy yourselves…

About you being a prisoner, and you being able to return. However, I’m shocked about this, even though I knew about it… Do you know what today is?

It has your lucky color and number.

I had to wait in a really long line to buy it, and a girl stomped on my foot on her way out… But it kind of made me… happy. I’m still telling fortunes, but I’ve cut all ties with the chairman.

I’ve been getting thanked a lot more lately. Even by the people who receive bad fortunes! Sometimes I feel like all my time is consumed with counseling other people about their relationships. But a fortune teller is allowed to be happy too, right?

Um…

...Huh? (sad pause) I’d like to sit next to you…

And I’m a little scared to know the answer… You’re going home next month, correct? Is there anything I can do for you…?

...We have to think this through. I’m here with you.

It’s that I wish this moment would last forever…

See you tomorrow!

...Sorry. Are you busy?

You really do things your own way, huh…? You at least know why I came to see you today, right?

It’s a limited edition that was really expensive. I had to wait in a long line for it, you know.

You don’t seem to understand the concept of a “gift.”

...So apparently, visiting hours are only allowed for people at the fiancee level. So if you hadn’t been released, then I would’ve had to keep that gift for myself.

...Well, I guess you could say that. ...My publisher was going to reassign me to the political department. They said it was because I did such a good job contributing to the sales numbers… I’m gonna return the favor one of these days, all right?

...Hm?

I see… Can I sit next to you?
*nod*

You’re going home next month, right? What should I do…?

Seriously… Oh, I am totally pressuring you-- Sorry about that. Well, after all that’s happened, I’m used to waiting. And… you are still in high school.

You have to remind us, huh?

I’m gonna make sure that you never forget about me…

And last up, Kawakami again.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Master. ♥

You seem weirdly cool with this! Also, on that note, I’m not really in the business of picking up high school students, but I have to assume that if I was, having their legal guardian present for my arrival would kinda kill the mood, let alone having them leave and in the process sanction our forbidden loving tryst.

Would you prefer that I wear my maid outfit?

God no.

I WANT TO DIE

Oh, before I forget…

Shall I serve it to you as a reward?

I legitimately think I’m more upset by Kawakami constantly turning her servile maid thing into full-on fetish roleplay than I am by the teacher-student thing at this point. loving hell, I thought I rescued you from this!

...Welcome back, Master.

Uggggggghhhhhhhh

When I heard from Sakura-san that you turned yourself in, I cried. ...You really are a problem child. Tell me the truth, do you… regret being in a relationship with me?

Did you respond to my question with a question? You get a zero on this quiz.

*nod*

That means we won’t be able to see each other at school anymore…

I’m the adult here, so… It’ll be OK. I’ll think of something. I waited all this time for you to get discharged, so there’s nothing that can deter me now.

And I’m not gonna let you be lazy about it…

And that’s Valentine’s Day! That’s it! The whole thing, nothing else!

...Why are you looking at me like that?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It's actually kind of impressive how they managed to take something that's already pretty skeevy by itself in dating your HS teacher, and somehow make it even more gross with the weird maid/master dynamic Kawakami insists on obsessing over.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I always thought her insistence on the maid stuff in dialogue was weird. The writers never really let her be her, and she's a great character when she isn't playing up the dumb maid bullshit.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Man, some of the options for Maaku makes you sound like a jackass or that you're kind of negging them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"I prefer you the way you are."

"That makes me sad."

BUT WHY :psyduck:

Arist posted:

And that’s Valentine’s Day! That’s it! The whole thing, nothing else!

...Why are you looking at me like that?

You know what you must do. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 12, 2019

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sydin posted:

It's actually kind of impressive how they managed to take something that's already pretty skeevy by itself in dating your HS teacher, and somehow make it even more gross with the weird maid/master dynamic Kawakami insists on obsessing over.
Yeah, that's, uh... :stonklol:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Sae is just Percy Weasley with a vagina and undeserved verbal rear end-kissing from the entire non-evil cast. Change my mind.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wait, you slept with how many woman on my attic couch?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah, I always thought her insistence on the maid stuff in dialogue was weird. The writers never really let her be her, and she's a great character when she isn't playing up the dumb maid bullshit.

yeah, you can definitely tell they're playing to the people with the maid fetish doing that.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It might be an effort to try to show the results of coping with the abuse and stress Kawakami went through - a sexually abused person leaning into hypersexuality and developing kinks/fetishes based on their abuse is distressingly common.

it's definitely just lovely writing

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Wait, you slept with how many women on my attic couch?

It's my couch now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Addendum XX: Heartbeat, Heartbreak

Let’s just be complete assholes about this.

Don’t you have anything exciting happening? I mean, you’ve been here nearly a whole year. Y’know, when I was young, hoo boy…

You alone too?

Music: My Homie

Yeah, don’t remind me.

(to Maaku) Hey, take over for me.

Sojiro moves to leave.

Enjoy.

Here… Let’s sit.

I called Yusuke before headin’ over here, and even he got some! I mean, the dude’s a freak!

And I don’t…? Besides, why isn’t Mishima here too!?

Did he betray us!?

What’re you thinkin’, dude?

Don’t gimme that… Oh, but…

Ryuji places a small chocolate on the table.

Here, you can have it.

Hey, now that I think about it, aren’t our girls kinda cold? I mean, we were on the same team. They shoulda at least got us some kinda teammate chocolate or somethin’… Seriously.

Well yeah, but… don’t exactly got that, now do we…? ...I guess heroes ain’t always popular with the chicks, huh? *sigh* Wonder if I’ll get a girlfriend before I graduate high school…

How pathetic. Well, can’t foresee any problems coming from this!

Hey… Are you going to be OK? My gentlemanly nature is making me worry about you…

Music: Tension

Outside the store, is that…

Ann…

Makoto…

Hifumi…

Takemi…

Chihaya…

Ohya…

Kawakami…

Searching into alternate universes for escape routes… There’s none?! Oh crap.

I came to say hello yesterday… but when I looked in the window, you were with someone else…! ...You dick!

Did you think you’d try and trick this romantically impaired fool?

...Please tell me it’s not true.

Did my little guinea pig forget to turn off his lights last night?

I left work early yesterday to see how you were… and I saw you with someone else. What the heck am I doing…?

It said that you’re seeing someone else…

I’m not very happy about it, though.

Take your time…

:rip: Maaku, dying as he deserved.

Sojiro shakes his head.

“I was having him help out at the store. I didn’t realize it was Valentine’s Day. Don’t worry, he always talks about you. You’re his one and only…” That was enough to get you off the hook for now… But make sure your story matches mine, got it?

In the end, the girls took their chocolates home with them…

You poor, poor idiot.

Now… we’re done. There’s nothing left to show in this game. I’ve fulfilled my dark pact with the universe! What better way to close it out than by taking one last look at the intro movie, which I skipped originally:

Opening

I was gonna do a whole thing where I took screenshots and went through frame-by-frame but I realized this was the only shot that actually mattered, because it’s the only shot with any of these three characters in it. Haru, Makoto, and Futaba are only in this shot. It’s kind of hilarious.

And… the LP’s officially done! You know what that means!

Time to finally clear out my goddamn hard drives! I’m free, motherfuckers! But don’t frown, children, because I’m sure we’ll meet again someday. Until then…

Bust some heads. Arist, signing off.

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 13, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gonna give this LP a once-over to make sure I catch any errors or typos or the like before I submit it for archival. That'll probably take a while, though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Gonna give this LP a once-over to make sure I catch any errors or typos or the like before I submit it for archival. That'll probably take a while, though.

Great job in completing this monster of an lp and be sure to enjoy your newfound freedom.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This was something I actually wound up spoiling for myself early on in the Let's Play due to seeing in some related YouTube videos.

Haru's lines if you cheat on her are great. :allears:

Also, aside from Morgana throwing some massive shade this update, I have to wonder how multiple girls show up in the same room with Valentine's Day chocolate for you, and Sojiro somehow manages to convince them all that the MC loves them and only them.

Also, Kawakami beating the poo poo out of her own student.

Also, Sojiro covering for you even if you're cheating on Futaba!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The Valentines’ Day Massacre is the most appropriate way to end the game, really.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Geostomp posted:

The Valentines’ Day Massacre is the most appropriate way to end the game, really.
:emptyquote:

And dammit, now I have Heartbeat, Heartbreak stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ue1JPFXEU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Also, Sojiro apparently spun this deep web of lies instead of just saying you were hanging out with Ryuji. Which your character also can't mention.

The only logical conclusion we can draw from this is that it actually was a date with Ryuji and the main character wanted to keep it a secret. Way to be supportive, fake dad!

Or that the writers were kind of lazy about writing the scene, but what are the odds of that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Qrr posted:

The only logical conclusion we can draw from this is that it actually was a date with Ryuji and the main character wanted to keep it a secret. Way to be supportive, fake dad!
Otherwise, why hang out with your BFF on GF-Day?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'd imagine that's less "Sojiro covering for Maaku" and more "Sojiro trying not to break Futaba's heart".

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Quality LP Arist :golfclap: I appreciate the dedication to showing off as much of the game as humanly possible, even the weird obscure bits. I think I talked to like 1% of the incidental NPC's in this game and never realized how much unique and changing dialogue they got.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Tenebrais posted:

I'd imagine that's less "Sojiro covering for Maaku" and more "Sojiro trying not to break Futaba's heart".

That's the only way that scene makes sense, but you'd still think Sojiro would want to impose Consequences on Maaku. Even a stern lecture would be better than just covering for him!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sydin posted:

Quality LP Arist :golfclap: I appreciate the dedication to showing off as much of the game as humanly possible, even the weird obscure bits. I think I talked to like 1% of the incidental NPC's in this game and never realized how much unique and changing dialogue they got.

I didn't start out intending to do that (and if you take a look at the earlier instances of me doing it, I didn't even get everyone and had to introduce their arcs later). But once I realized that like, virtually every single recurring NPC in the game has some kind of arc that runs parallel to the game's central narrative, I ended up just grabbing them all because I thought someone might find them interesting. Glad that paid off.

Though, checking the TV every day was a thing I just decided to do for the hell of it. I think someone asked for me to show a specific day's broadcast and I just ran with it from there.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's the only way that scene makes sense, but you'd still think Sojiro would want to impose Consequences on Maaku. Even a stern lecture would be better than just covering for him!

My guess would be that Sojiro, in his storied youth, did things that were almost this stupid, and so he feels a certain kinship for the protagonist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheDavies posted:

My guess would be that Sojiro, in his storied youth, did things that were almost this stupid, and so he feels a certain kinship for the protagonist.

Sojiro does seem like the "got caught cheating a few times when he was young and dumb and learned some tricks" type.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Still, that's taking the bro code awfully far. Dude cheated on your vulnerable daughter with eight women.

Anyway, cheers, Arist, you're a trooper.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

YaketySass posted:

Still, that's taking the bro code awfully far. Dude cheated on your vulnerable daughter with eight women.
Not on this file he didn't!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
For a moment I thought the LP would get hijacked by someone else and have the Futaba content shown. Other than that, thanks for the LP.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I can't believe you actually finished this, you absolute madman! Outstanding LP!

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
That was a wonderful Lp, thank you!

Taberquol
Jun 16, 2012

I was very sure they were going to force-feed him all the chocolate.

Good LP! Free the hard drives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

For the sake of posterity, here's the other dialogue.

~Confrontation~
I was worried about you, so I came to check on you yesterday... You could have just said you were busy... even if you had to lie about what you were doing...
Yesterday... Who were you with...? ......

~Chocolate~
Take my chocolate, please... before I crush it.
This... was for you. *sobs*

~Anger~
Enough of this irresponsible behavior...!
I'm disappointed...