Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Sun Confidant best Confidant. It was the first one I maxed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm surprised you didn't bring up that whenever you get a question right on the exam, Morgana goes, "Oooh, we can do thiiis!" and it's pretty adorable.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I appreciate how Tora sort of sandwiches the one big honking deal between two more venal political sins. It's not lying, but it's a nice, subtle massaging of the facts with presentation that makes me think he definitely has what it takes to become a legendary politician :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bernie Sunders is the best and I hope we can do more with him in the inevitable P5 remake.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Back on the topic of Kamoshida, I found this image that... well, just see for yourself.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Junpei posted:

Back on the topic of Kamoshida, I found this image that... well, just see for yourself.

And after that, we decided we really needed a coach to help us write calling cards.

Except... Joker isn't the one who wrote the calling card, in the actual game, so Sae still doesn't make sense.

But we definitely put the Sun's speech skills to good use.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blademaster_Aio posted:

And after that, we decided we really needed a coach to help us write calling cards.

Except... Joker isn't the one who wrote the calling card, in the actual game, so Sae still doesn't make sense.

But we definitely put the Sun's speech skills to good use.

How would Sae know that? Anyway her point was more that you needed somebody with connections to be as effective as you were, hence the idea of working with a politician.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Sun Bern owns.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Right, we've met The Sun now. There's no much to add to the mischievous version of the tarot card persona 5 has: the sun is shining so brightly the earth is getting scorched and the people are dehydrated. And it has a goofy grin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Dehydrated" sure is a way you could describe those people, I guess.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many social links do we have so far? I kinda lost track.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

PMush Perfect posted:

"Dehydrated" sure is a way you could describe those people, I guess.

In the beef jerky /astronaut food definition of dehydration.

I will also second all of the Tora love. He's pretty awesome.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

Fool
Magician
Hierophant
Lovers
Chariot
Death
Moon
Sun

Roughly a third of them, in other words. Airsoft store owner is one of them, but we don't know his Arcana yet because we haven't formed a contract (and won't for quite some time).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm considering ripping off the ongoing P3 FES LP and shoving that stuff in the second post, but as of right now we've got:

Fool, Igor, Rank 3.
Magician, Morgana, Rank 2
Hierophant, Sojiro Sakura, Rank 3
Lovers, Ann Takamaki, Rank 2
Chariot, Ryuji Sakamoto, Rank 6
Death, Tae Takemi, Rank 3
Moon, Yuuki Mishima, Rank 2
Sun, Toranosuke Yoshida, Rank 1

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I swear, between your avatar and the tarot cards, I almost wanna rewatch Stardust Crusaders.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I will never understand why the Airsoft Store Owner SL opens so early when its requirements are so absurd. There has to have been some miscommunication somewhere in production, given just how insistent the game is you start that link. To wit, it takes Rank 4 Guts(out of max 5) to even start, which will take months to accomplish even if you're emphasizing it. More annoyingly, Morgana will bug you to start the SL EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TALK TO THE SHOPKEEP IN THE EVENING, despite aforementioned you can't even start if for a long time.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Lord Koth posted:

I will never understand why the Airsoft Store Owner SL opens so early when its requirements are so absurd. There has to have been some miscommunication somewhere in production, given just how insistent the game is you start that link. To wit, it takes Rank 4 Guts(out of max 5) to even start, which will take months to accomplish even if you're emphasizing it. More annoyingly, Morgana will bug you to start the SL EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TALK TO THE SHOPKEEP IN THE EVENING, despite aforementioned you can't even start if for a long time.

For the same reason there's a Proficiency check before you've even had a chance to gain Proficiency, I imagine.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

Lord Koth posted:

The thing that makes me sure that there was a miscommunication somewhere is that the first few abilities would have been the most useful right around when you get to rank 3 guts. If, yknow, non-armor equipment was more useful. (Spoilers, the guy who sells weapons has poo poo related to his stock of weapons the same way Takemi expanded her stock at rank 3.)

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
NG+ I guess.

Although by then the rewards it gives are completely useless.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Pushing Guts early isn't a terrible idea, though. It isn't like Knowledge, Charm, or Kindness where you pick up a bunch of points throughout the game from fixed events and social links. (Well, free Kindness is limited to one particular confidant that you don't get until late in the game and feeding your plant)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 27: 5/14-5/15: I'm Stoopid

I didn’t even notice the calls from Sensei… But thank goodness, I caught up to you.

You’re the woman I’ve been searching for all this time! Please, won’t you--
W-Wait a minute, I--

Huh, seems like this dude’s slightly less shady than we took him for. Slightly.

Music: My Homie

...Model?
All that I’ve drawn till now has been lacking, but I feel a passion from you unlike anyone else.

Ain’t this a recruit for some shady business?
Will you cooperate with me? What do you say?
Hold your horses! Who’re you anyways?
Oh, where are my manners? I’m a second-year at Kosei High’s fine-arts division. My name is Yusuke Kitagawa.

Yusuke brushes Ryuji aside.

I’m Madarame-sensei’s pupil, and I am being allowed residence at his place. I’m striving to become an artist.

Huh!? Do you mean THAT Madarame? The one who was on “Good Morning Japan” the other day?
The very same.
You know who that is?
He was introduced as a super-famous Japanese-style artist who’s been recognized all over the world. But we heard that name the other day in Mementos...

That old guy’s Madarame…?
Madarame-sensei’s exhibition will begin at the department store near the station tomorrow. I’ll be there to help out on opening day. Please come by. It’d be great if you could give me your answer in regard to being a model then…

You’re not plannin’ on goin’, are you?
...I think I will.

Yusuke’s gonna find himself trapped in a dark alley at night with a feral cat launched towards his face.

Music: Interrogation Room

That’s a little too convenient. It makes me wonder if you’re even telling the truth. But so be it. What I want to know most is your method. It’s true that Madarame was an unforgivable criminal worthy of the scorn thrown at him. He was an adult who cultivated his own fame and fortune by sacrificing the livelihood of children… But how did you discover such horrible deeds that were hidden all these years in such a short time?

This “Metaverse” business again? …… Fine. Let’s suppose that people’s hearts can be changed by stealing their Treasure, like you’ve said. If so, a different suspicion arises. People have gone mad or lost consciousness, never to recover… like the subway accident in April. Depending on how you look at it, that could be taken as a phenomenon for a sudden change of heart too. ...Were you related to those as well?

…… ...I see.

Sae checks her watch.

Fine. Continue telling me about Madarame’s case. Keep it concise and only of the truth.

Music: Life Goes On

What’s wrong? You’re taking a lot of time to get through these. …… Hmm… This isn’t going too well. I wouldn’t expect a great score.

Your score on the final day of exams is determined by your Knowledge rank… and considering ours is still at 1, we’re not doing too hot.

Music: Break it Down

How ‘bout you…?

C’mon, you two need to get your act together.
Anways, can we stop talkin’ about the exams? Like it or not, they’re gonna come back graded next week. Rather than focus on stuff that’s over with...

...It’s no use. There ain’t any useful info. The number of posts are gettin’ less and less too…
I am not letting this end as a one-hit wonder, OK?
There’s no point in getting antsy though. I know! Why don’t we go eat lunch somewhere? We still have some money left over from the other day.

NO WE DON’T, THAT MONEY'S FOR MY OVERPRICED HEALTH DRINKS

We don’t have THAT much left. Oh right. There are those tickets to Madarame’s exhibit! ...Wait, that’s tomorrow.
Don’t tell me. Was it love at first sight with that Yusuke guy…?
It’s not like that.
O-Of course not.
When I was watching that special on TV, his artwork was pretty nice. Plus, we’ve got free tickets. Besides, this could also be related to what we heard in Mementos.
...Madarame, was it?

Hrmm...
That aside, what should I do about the other two tickets? Want to go appreciate some fine arts for once?
Fine arts, huh…
I suggest, we should all go together! Appreciating the fine arts builds character. A phantom thief who can’t identify an original is lame.
Well, if everyone’s going...
It’s settled then!

Just the phrase “going to an art exhibit” sounds kinda mature. Let’s meet at the exhibit entrance tomorrow.

Music: Beneath the Mask

I’m curious to know if this Madarame has anything to do with the name we heard in Mementos… Whatever the case may be, we can’t be late. Better get to bed early!

Getting a little overbearing with the whole bedtime thing, cat.

...Oh, wait, you think they’re the same person? Wow, Ann, that never crossed my mind. What a genius you are. I never would have thought that Madarame and Madarame could be the same person. Nice catch!

Well, it is a pretty rare last name.
Yeah I mean, you guys ever heard of someone else called Madarame?
It’s really not common at all. If what we heard is true, Kitagawa-kun is studying under a corrupt teacher.
You mean a teacher who treats people like tools.
Kitagawa-kun’s life is probably pretty terrible...
We gotta look into this.

An exhibition featuring Japanese artist Ichiryusai Madarame opens tomorrow in Shibuya. Anticipation for the exhibition is high, with specials broadcast on TV and great ticket sales.
Hey, it’s that old guy! I didn’t think he would actually be famous...

Pff, I know good art. Look at this room. Completely empty except for that fuckin’ beef bowl statue, because I only have room for the important poo poo.

“Ichiryusai Madarame: An Infinite Font of Ideas,” huh…? I read the blurb on the ticket, but it seems that this Madarame is actually an amazing artist… Some of his pieces might be worth looking at, after all...

Oh, that exhibition must be opening today.
It’s really packed… Wanna come back another time?
I want it, but it’s so expensive… Maybe I should take out a loan.
I wanna see that! Let’s go together sometime!

Music: Break it Down

It’ll be a pain in the rear end if someone sees you, so don’t stick your head out too much, all right?

Um… yeah.

Make sure that you don’t get in the way of the other visitors.

This guy seems pleasant.

(to Ann) Come now. I’ll show you around. I’d like to speak more about the picture I’d like to draw too.
Well, see you guys later.

Are we really gonna “appreciate” the fine arts? Can’t we just go home?

I guess we should do a quick pass through it once… Uh… Which way are we supposed to start?

It’s that old man from the other day.

You have such expansive styles, it’s hard to believe that it all stems from one person… Where in the world does all your inspiration come from?

They naturally well up from within my heart like bubbles rising one after another in a spring.

What’s important is to distance oneself from worldly desires such as money and fame. My atelier is a modest shack, but it is more than enough to pursue true beauty.

I see.. So the act of emptying one’s mind gives rise to inner beauty. Still, to think we could hear the word “shack” coming from the great artist Madarame.
You would understand if you saw it. Hahahaha…
Wasn’t the word “shack” something...

Hey, stop pushin’…! There’s way too many people!
I’m getting crushed...
Anyways, we gotta head for the exit! Don’t die on us, all right!?

Usually one concentrates on their own style. However, Sensei creates all this by himself. He’s special.

Ah, the girl from yesterday. Are you enjoying the exhibit?
I don’t know how to put it into words… but it’s really amazing.
You’re sensing something from the artwork… That alone is enough to give us artists satisfaction. I hope this becomes a wonderful piece, Yusuke. Well then, if you’ll excuse me.
You’d imagine artists would be difficult to approach… but he seems really friendly.
Indeed.

I guess it’s the painter’s anger? I’m not sure, but I sense this… strong frustration from it. To think such a cheerful and gentlemanly person could make such a piece...

Something wrong?
Don’t mind me. There are better pieces than… this one. Come now, this way!

...But thanks to that, I remember now.

Let’s not worry about it for now… It’s about a post online.

Music: Disquiet

Ann walks up.

...Eh, anyways. You gotta look at this too. This post might be about Madarame.

What’s it say?
“A master of the Japanese arts is plagiarizing his pupil’s work. Only his public face is shown on TV.”

I didn’t think much of it when I first saw it, but hearing “shack” and “Madarame” triggered it.

“He treats them inhumanely, as if disciplining a dog...”

That’s all terrible, but what about it reminded you of the word “shack”?

Abuse on top of plagiarism, hm…?
If this is real, it’ll be a huge scandal.
I wonder if Kitagawa-kun posted this. I mean, he IS a pupil of his.
Who knows? It’s anonymous and all...
In that case… It’s possible the Madarame we heard about in Mementos is referring to the same one.
A man like that doing such a thing…?

Don’t act so surprised. All old people are evil. Once you make it past 60 it’s pure survival instinct pushing you forward.

I wonder if we can ask that Shadow from earlier about this. Oh. Actually, we just need to talk to him in reality.
And how are we gonna go about that? Are we gonna explain it all, startin’ with Mementos?
Besides, if we make a move out in the open, there’s the possibility that Madarame will find out.
Oh… Yeah, right...
(to Maaku) Hey, what do you think about Madarame? Doesn’t he seem suspicious?

I know, right? This all fits way too well to just be a coincidence. If this post is legit, ain’t this the kinda target we’ve been waitin’ for?
Well, yeah, but… Is it really true…?
By the way, what’d you do about the whole modeling thing?
Kitagawa-kun gave me his contact info. And, the address to his sensei’s atelier.
He said he lives there, right? Perfect timing. Let’s try goin’ tomorrow. We’re off to Madarame’s house right after school!

This is too sudden...
What? We’re just gonna talk to Kitagawa.
Oh, that’s what you meant...

Music: Beneath the Mask

If it is, this might just be exactly what we needed!

Here’s what we’ve got for you today! Four bags of Protein! Drink this, and you’ll be musclebound in no time!
Yes, if you really want to build muscle, you’ve got to try this.
This is a limited item! Today’s the one and only day it’ll be available! And it can be yours… For the incredibly low price of 4800 yen! We’re offering it for 4800 yen because it’s on sale for today only!
Oh, the phones are already ringing off the hook!
Once we’re sold out, that’s it! Don’t miss out on this deal!
Four bags of Protein, huh? They’re just 4800 yen. Thinking of buying them?

4800 might be a little steep considering our current monetary situation, but it’s a steal considering what these are actually worth, and having more healing’s always nice.

Roger that.

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 28, 2018

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There's a large swath of italized words.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

poo poo, didn't check on a last-minute change, my bad

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
We're getting close to a really uncomfortable section of the game.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PMush Perfect posted:

I have a milder view on the scene in question than most, but at heart I still think it was a dumb decision on the part of the devs and/or writers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arist posted:

How ‘bout you…?

Ryuji's reaction here if you pick "I'm feeling confident" is fantastic. :allears:

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Hmm, Sloth might be a good fit for this guy. Or Envy.

I have a weird feeling as to what 'uncomfortable section of the game' might refer to, and I'm hoping I'm not right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aren't you tired from posting on SomethingAwful? Let's go to bed already!

PMush Perfect posted:

I remember hearing vague details about this, but only just realized the context.

Cyouni posted:

Hmm, Sloth might be a good fit for this guy. Or Envy.

I have a weird feeling as to what 'uncomfortable section of the game' might refer to, and I'm hoping I'm not right.

Both sound like good choices. Doing nothing and getting rewarded for it or being envious because your own art sucks and deciding to steal others while abusing them.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Our buddy Yusuke there is Matt Mercer, whose direction appears to have been "be as flamboyant as possible". Mercer's a drat good VA, though, so he makes it work.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yusuke's actually got a pretty flat, direct voice, not flamboyant at all. There's some subtleties to the performance that I suppose might lean in that direction, but considering Mercer also voiced Shadow Kanji in Ultimax I don't think Yusuke's anywhere close to "as flamboyant as possible."

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Cyouni posted:

It starts by an art student stalking the lone female member of our four person party and just goes straight off a cliff from there

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

How about we let the game play out until we get to the scene in question, since we probably have at least a week of in-game time before we even get there.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Yusuke you jerk, clearly playing favourites. Rude.

Whatever.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Do not question artists and their muses, lest you invite sneering.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

GeneX posted:

It starts by an art student stalking the lone female member of our four person party and just goes straight off a cliff from there

Well if I wasn't excited for this arc before, I certainly am now.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Let me guess, it involves Anne modeling in a bikini or something?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stephen9001 posted:

Let me guess, it involves Anne modeling in a bikini or something?

Your vision is too narrow. Yusuke disapproves. Please wait for the next update.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Something we miss in the SSLP format is the hilarious difference in Yusuke's voice between greeting Ann ("You came!") and Makuu/Ryujii ("You really came."). He doesn't have any interest whatsoever in us and he makes no effort to conceal it.

As for any potential stuff coming up (in the entire game), it's kind of a beating a dead horse on a SA LP forum argument of time immemorial, but seriously going "Oh man this thing that is coming up is <adjective>, watch out!" doesn't make the LP any more enjoyable for people who haven't played the game, in fact it's just really obnoxious in my opinion. Save the comments for when <insert thing here> actually happens.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Can we please stop dancing around what happens until we get there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rawkking posted:

Something we miss in the SSLP format is the hilarious difference in Yusuke's voice between greeting Ann ("You came!") and Makuu/Ryujii ("You really came."). He doesn't have any interest whatsoever in us and he makes no effort to conceal it.

I'm pretty sure I went 'wow rude!' at that point. And he's like that even when he was giving us our tickets. I'm happy he actually you know, gave us something.

Of course, Yusuke giving Ann preference makes Morgana a little more annoying.