Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Stroth posted:

The important part is this bit:

Appearance counts. Even if the case eventually got thrown out she'd still be blacklisted.

I mean this is nothing but blackmail with a very tiny veneer of respectability on top. There would have to have been a whole raft of exasperating circumstances for the argument they're trying to make to have even the tiniest bit of legitimacy. You might as well blame the school as a whole for setting too much homework resulting in being too tired, for example.

I assume that they went for such a weirdly contorted storyline in order to make Kawakami seem more sympathetic but it actually just makes her seem like a complete idiot being taken for a ride. Her reasons for going along with it don't stand up to any proper scrutiny, so perhaps you're supposed to assume that she's actually acting entirely out of (extremely misplaced) guilt and is using "I'm only protecting the school!" as an excuse to allow her to do penance for her self-perceived misdeed. Maybe that's supposed to be the point, but that doesn't make me hate this particularly overused and ugly cultural touchstone any less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Reading the text in isolation, it does come off a little weird. The first time I watched this scene, I assumed the implied threat was that the school would fire her if the parents raised a fuss. Like, I 100% buy that the school would cut her loose to save face, Kawakami's personal liability be damned. Have you seen the way the principal acts?

Thing is, that doesn't actually seem to be what she's saying. It's odd.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Rangpur posted:

Reading the text in isolation, it does come off a little weird. The first time I watched this scene, I assumed the implied threat was that the school would fire her if the parents raised a fuss. Like, I 100% buy that the school would cut her loose to save face, Kawakami's personal liability be damned. Have you seen the way the principal acts?

This happened at a school before Shujin. I think she did get cut loose from that school, or more likely what happened was she "agreed to leave" to save her teaching license. Shujin was the school that took her afterwards, just like they took our protagonist. Maybe this school's not all it's cracked up to be.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
An extra pick opportunity or book chance seems like a really solid reward, but I'm guessing it doesn't even pay off in the double digits over the game.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Glazius posted:

An extra pick opportunity or book chance seems like a really solid reward, but I'm guessing it doesn't even pay off in the double digits over the game.

It actually happens remarkably frequently once you get this bonus.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

It's not vital, but anything that lets you potentially grind out a stat without spending additional time can make the difference between maxing a Confidant or not. (Also nearly everyone tries to rank up Kawakami as soon as possible because the level 10 ability is amazing, so might as well enjoy the marginal utility, you know?)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Her rank 10 ability is certainly something alright.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I can see Manipulation helping out if you're doing some serious grinding for specific items in various areas, but beyond that it doesn't seem like it has any real long term benefits outside of "you maybe can get a rare item here or there at times". It's definitely a Confidant ability that sounds better than it actually works in practice.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Rangpur posted:

Shame society rearing its ugly head once again, what with the former school telling her not to lavish personal attention on a marginal student lest it come back and bite them in the behind because of said student's rumored reputation as a delinquent. Makes them look bad, so better we should just wash our hands of it and let someone else deal with it or take the fall when it blows up in their faces.

Doesn't help that Kawakami definitely feels responsible for the death herself, and is only feeding that guilt with her actions of paying off the dead student's guardians. Sure, she probably knows that she's being taken advantage of, but the shame of her thinking that she actually caused his death makes it impossible for her to refuse paying, so she takes this maid job to get the money to do so, while losing her passion for her teaching job because of what she has to do to keep it.

Remember, the kid's guardians are threatening to report her to the Board of Education and the media. The former would likely pull her credentials because of this report and leave a huge black mark on her record, making it impossible for her to get another job in the field again. And the latter would make her life a hell worse than it currently is. So rather than make life worse for herself and the school, she'll do whatever to get the money to pay them off, so she can keep doing what teaching she's doing now, despite falling into a spiral of motivation loss. Shame society, always keep it in mind if you're consuming East Asian media and don't understand why a character is putting up with something like this.

Also, mechanically Kawakami continues to be a really drat powerful Confidant, as her abilities are really good for time saving, more so in the future and at her Rank 10, like everyone else said. Still, when this one procs, it can be really helpful as well. Every little bit of skill helps when you're running up against those timeframes to reach those skill gates to advance your Confidants in time!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 19, 2017

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Was I the only one who didn't bother with Rank 10? The actions needed to get there cost as much time as you save, so AI just stuck, to rank 5 and ranked other people up.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

nothing to seehere posted:

Was I the only one who didn't bother with Rank 10? The actions needed to get there cost as much time as you save, so AI just stuck, to rank 5 and ranked other people up.

except if you're gonna rank up everyone to 10 in one playthrough, you might as well get hers done as soon as possible
because then it would cost less time overall

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

nothing to seehere posted:

Her confidant abilities are the best ones in the game, what the hell are you on about?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It took us 63 parts to get here but now we can finally, finally see

that Ann's sitting posture is goddamn atrocious. Lean back in your loving chair! You're gonna have a spine like Miura's in two years if you don't knock that poo poo off while you still can!

Also, poor Kawakami. I can see why she can't stop doing this bizarre job now. :(

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

RareAcumen posted:

It took us 63 parts to get here but now we can finally, finally see

that Ann's sitting posture is goddamn atrocious. Lean back in your loving chair! You're gonna have a spine like Miura's in two years if you don't knock that poo poo off while you still can!

Also, poor Kawakami. I can see why she can't stop doing this bizarre job now. :(

Really? You're just going to completely ignore the fact that there's been a dude sitting right behind Maaku all this time? Where he can see him talking with Morgana and reading all his #Millenials texts every day? That man is the true hero of this game.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The real star of free time periods in class is the student sitting behind you, with the clear view of a known troublemaker mass producing lockpicks & and smoke grenades. Yet does he snitch? No. Dude's legit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stroth posted:

Really? You're just going to completely ignore the fact that there's been a dude sitting right behind Maaku all this time? Where he can see him talking with Morgana and reading all his #Millenials texts every day? That man is the true hero of this game.

Rangpur posted:

The real star of free time periods in class is the student sitting behind you, with the clear view of a known troublemaker mass producing lockpicks & and smoke grenades. Yet does he snitch? No. Dude's legit.

He knows better than to open his mouth because there're only six classes and thus, six people who could know his secret. If anyone starts whispering about his in class crimes, he could easily trace it back to them and completely destroy them. None of them fight demons for days on end, he could easily jab their eyes out or give em' the ol' heart tap or whatever terrifying act of violence they spread about him without even trying.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah, they may talk behind your back but as far as everyone besides your team knows you nearly went to juvie on an assault charge and you’re kind of quiet. Nobody is going to mess with that unless they have serious cajones.

Yes this does mean Makoto has serious cajones, that’s self evident given she uses her fists and feet to fight demonic shadows instead of a bat/sword/dagger/whip. That takes dauntless Guts, probably.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 19, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Makoto would pull that dude over the counter by his collar and ask the gently caress's up with this gun he wanted to make some teenager's problem.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Actually on further thought does everyone think about their social stats the way we have to in game, does Makoto improve guts with her actions against Kaneshiro and our team?

What level of Guts did Ryuji need to punch Kamoshida the first time, what level of Guts did Kamoshida need in return to break Ryuji’s leg?

Does Kawakami have to check her Kindness to see if she’s capable of understanding her student’s personal and emotional problems and are we helping her improve Kindness with our current actions.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stroth posted:

Her confidant abilities are the best ones in the game, what the hell are you on about?

There's one confidant we've yet to meet who I think is more powerful, but Kawakami is definitely up there, especially on a first run. Hifumi's are also good, but in the 'you might not miss them if you've never had them' way.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

RareAcumen posted:

He knows better than to open his mouth because there're only six classes and thus, six people who could know his secret. If anyone starts whispering about his in class crimes, he could easily trace it back to them and completely destroy them. None of them fight demons for days on end, he could easily jab their eyes out or give em' the ol' heart tap or whatever terrifying act of violence they spread about him without even trying.

Actually, it'd just be him and him alone knows the secret, because this is the only real classroom these kids stay in. You're thinking of the western-style high school in which all the chilluns go to the respective teachers rooms for their period, but in Japan, it's the teachers come to your classroom. Your homeroom is your room, and the desk is your desk; that's why so much is made about the homeroom you get in each class, because that's the only place you get to sit during class for the whole year. It's the students that keep the room nice and tidy too, no janitors to clean up individual classrooms, just the bathrooms and hall.

So if anyone were to find out about Maaku's extracurricular activities, we'd no exactly who it was that snitched. Yeah, he ain't saying poo poo, even if he knew or cared.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Would Kawakami's link work better if it removed the blackmail part? Like have her student survive the accident but be hospitalized, so she does this gig to help her student's hospital bill out of guilt. Maybe even have the student's parents try to dissuade her from doing so or something. Though I guess it wouldn't fit given how the game is pretty blunt about it's "gently caress society!" theme.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

amigolupus posted:

Would Kawakami's link work better if it removed the blackmail part? Like have her student survive the accident but be hospitalized, so she does this gig to help her student's hospital bill out of guilt. Maybe even have the student's parents try to dissuade her from doing so or something. Though I guess it wouldn't fit given how the game is pretty blunt about it's "gently caress society!" theme.

Yeah that definitely wouldn't jive with the recurring element of people abusing what power they may or may not have.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's one confidant we've yet to meet who I think is more powerful, but Kawakami is definitely up there, especially on a first run. Hifumi's are also good, but in the 'you might not miss them if you've never had them' way.

Nobody else just flat out gives you extra time blocks.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Stroth posted:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Stroth posted:

Level 5 is worth it, but the cost vs time gained (and also she's just not that interesting) meant I never bothered going further.

Also: on class stuff. I like that they actually animated Ann's phone vibrating and her pulling it out when there's a #Millennials text going out: she's as bored in class as we are.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stroth posted:

I'm reasonably sure you can do everything important without making use of Kawakami's perks. They're really good, but if you know how to maximize time use then they're just a bonus. On a second playthrough their use drops greatly since time management is a lot less important.

Other Confidants are still very useful even on a second run.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

ApplesandOranges posted:

The LP is missing Tower, Empress and Hanged Man right? Plus maybe Judgement I don't recall if it's been unlocked yet.

I love Hifumi's abilities, most of them anyway. They give decent grab-bag bonuses.

As for the student behind Maaku, I like to think he has realized he's sitting behind a Phantom Thief and he's terrified of getting his soul ripped off Mortal Kombat style if he blabs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kawakami's Rank 10 is a goddamn lifesaver when it comes to other Confidants.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

ApplesandOranges posted:

They're really good, but if you know how to maximize X then they're just a bonus.

That's every confident though. That's why they're not mandatory.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Funky Valentine posted:

Kawakami's Rank 10 is a goddamn lifesaver when it comes to other Confidants.

Not empty-quoting this and she really is a confidant that is worth leveling up, not JUST for her Rank 10.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Lord_Magmar posted:

Actually on further thought does everyone think about their social stats the way we have to in game, does Makoto improve guts with her actions against Kaneshiro and our team?

What level of Guts did Ryuji need to punch Kamoshida the first time, what level of Guts did Kamoshida need in return to break Ryuji’s leg

He doesn't need guts to break his students leg, because he's obviously stronger. If he had actual guts he'd man up and suck up the punch caused by his gossiping. Kamoshida has zero guts and zero charm and zero everything. He's a failure of a man, and now he will forever be blamed for all the crap he did to the students.

Serves him right.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
His proficient is through the roof though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Omobono posted:

The LP is missing Tower, Empress and Hanged Man right? Plus maybe Judgement I don't recall if it's been unlocked yet.

I love Hifumi's abilities, most of them anyway. They give decent grab-bag bonuses.

As for the student behind Maaku, I like to think he has realized he's sitting behind a Phantom Thief and he's terrified of getting his soul ripped off Mortal Kombat style if he blabs.

Empress, Hermit, Hanged Man, Tower.

Stroth posted:

That's every confident though. That's why they're not mandatory.

None of them are mandatory, but some are so powerful that I think they supercede Kawakami. Like Takemi giving access to SP Adhesives, or some of the ones that grant in-combat bonuses (including the one that I think is the best).

Kawakami giving you extra time is really really good, but it also has a lower celling since at some point you can become so efficient that you literally end up having nothing to do with your extra time other than uhh make more lockpicks.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
there is always something you can do with that extra time
but this discussion should honestly be saved for when we reach her rank 10

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fool and Judgment are traditionally tied to plot and advance automatically. There's usually at least character who does the same, for better or worse.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Part 64: 7/4-7/6: Hifu-Mi-Oh!

Music: Beneath the Mask -Rain (Instrumental Version)

Music: Everyday Days

If you learn more about flowers, it’ll be useful for when you work at that florist job.

That book covered the language of flowers at great length. That’ll be handy for that florist job!

We’ll go into what this means later.

Music: So Boring

The humidity is what kills me about Japanese summers. I miss the dry heat of California. Not to mention, July and August both have thirty-one days. Summer is long… Now then, Mr. Hamiru! Do you know the reason why July and August both have thirty-one days?

No really, that’s the correct answer.

Great! That’s right. You may already know this… But the months of “July” and “August” are named after the Roman emperors Julius and Augustus. Augustus named a month after himself, just like Julius. However, he felt like he would be losing if his month was shorter than Julius’, so he added a day. It’s a mystery why men are so stubborn and prideful over silly things like this.

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

Well, as far as you’re all concerned, you’re just lucky to get a long vacation. But before that, you have exams. They start on the 13th of next week. Don’t forget, OK?
Next Wednesday, huh… You’d better make sure you study.

Music: Aria of the Soul

We head over to the Velvet Room and fuse this Jikokuten from Orthrus and Rakshasa to free up a slot to resummon an Eligor.

Peace and security are my duties… I shall be your mask and grant you my power!

Jikokuten is a Buddhist guardian deity that protects the east of Buddha’s realm, associated with the color white.

Anyway, now that we’ve gotten that done, we can get the boost for having an Emperor Persona for Yusuke’s Confidant.

Meanwhile, I am here to observe the public in an attempt to refresh my mind. Do you need something?
>I came to see you.
*chuckle* You must have a wealth of free time if that is your decision. I have some news for you. My piece “Desire” has been accepted into the public exhibition. It is on display as we speak. Would you like to come see it with me?
>Hang out with him
Then let us head to the museum. To be honest, I have yet to actually go there myself. This should be quite lovely. *chuckle*

We can now take people to the art museum in Ueno.

Music: What’s Going On?

Hm, I believe my piece truly stands out among the sea of art here. And yet, nobody has come to see it… Perhaps they are so afraid of the truth held within that they dare not take a closer look.

Yeah, I’m sure it’s that, buddy.

There’s a dark, almost sinister aura emanating from it.
Hm, the title is… “Desire”? I see no desire here. Ah, I understand now. This area is for students. The artist likely decided to paint this on a whim.
Indeed. There is neither elegance nor emotion in this piece. Come, dear. There are much more detailed paintings over there.

...There is no need to worry. I am not bothered in the slightest. That was nothing more than the drivel of unrefined commoners. I needn’t pay any mind to them. As long as those who are in the know understand my work, I will be happy.

Hm…?
I would like your opinion, sir… What are your thoughts on this piece?
I can see quite clearly why it was accepted into the exhibition. The technique is excellent. However… The composition as a whole is mediocre at best.

Music: Suspicion

The title is listed as “Desire”… but that idea is quite overused. Some may even call it stale. If you want to paint an abstract work with such an old theme, you must inject some individuality into it.
What…?
Take another look. Try to remove yourself from the artist’s bias. These brush strokes are splendid given your age… but does this painting really tell you anything? It is empty, devoid of meaning.

...Well, I liked it.

I suggest you take a more critical eye to your work in the future if you truly want to progress as an artist.

But… why? I put my heart and soul into this piece, captured the very essence of desire… It was supposed to lay bare the reality of the world…! Perhaps… Perhaps he was right. It may be empty after all… These colors, these brush strokes… They do not convey the true meaning of desire, only my conception of it…! I haven’t captured desire… Desire has captured me…!

Music: Alleycat

Ah geez. Please don’t make a scene, dude.

It is as though I have been forsaken by the gods of art! This grave mistake shall be the end for me…!

What is going to happen to me now…? Without art, what will remain of my being…!?

You are correct. Surrendering myself to fate after only one failure would be very much unlike me.

Music: My Homie

But that is all the more reason I must break out of my slump. I must prove my ability to him…!

That is the only way I will learn to capture the essence of emotion. After all, you can only accomplish so much in using logic to analyze the contents of the heart. ...I hope you allow me to continue my skill card services as well, Maaku. I shall conquer this!
Yusuke seems especially motivated...

Now then, let us head home. I wish to start anew.

Music: Beneath the Mask

That’s what he said.

BOOM! Nice one, Makoto! Haha! I don’t get it

You think we can trust him?
I doubt he’d lie if he really had a change of heart.
Looks like we’re all clear then.
We can’t be sure of that just yet.
You mean he might not have had a change of heart?
No, I’m relatively certain he did. That is not the issue. Despite Kaneshiro’s change, his organization remains intact. I can only hope they don’t abscond with the photographs.
Y’mean like, run off with it? I guess that is possible…
After all loss of the leader does not necessarily spell out the demise of the group. That is merely common knowledge.
But the opposite sometimes holds true as well.

It’ll be fine, you goddamn worrywarts.

All we can do now is pray the pieces fall in our favor.
Hopefully Kaneshiro’s confession motivates the police to crack down on the mafia… I would love nothing more than to see them defeated once and for all.
That part’ll be up to Makoto’s sis.
That aside, we’ve done everything we can for the time being. All that remains now is to wait until the result becomes clear.

It’s our ten Freeze Sprays, which inflict 50 Ice damage on an enemy. They’re pretty garbage.

\

...I meant “dying message.”
Was that a Freudian slip, just now, defective—I mean, Detective?
Ooh, that was brutal… Even that hard-boiled detective flinched when he heard that.

Junpei’s a cop now? Good for him.

Music: Aria of the Soul

We head back to the Velvet Room because we need a Star Persona for Hifumi and we don’t have any in the Compendium yet. First we fuse this Clotho from Orobas and Eligor.

Spin and spin, the thread of fate… I am the mask which can see your past…

Clotho is one of the Greek sisters of fate (also known as the Moirae sisters), who are personifications of fate. Clotho is the youngest and spins the thread of life. Their threads control the life of every mortal being, including the gods.

Also because we don’t have the Fortune Confidant yet we don’t get the end screen, so just know I gave her Maragi, Marakunda, and Garu in case you care.

From there, we can fuse Suzaku and Clotho for Fuu-ki, a Star Persona.

I’ll become one of your masks and work as though I were a raging thunderstorm within your heart!

Fuu-ki is one of the four Oni summoned by Fujiwara-No-Chikata, who can harness powerful winds to blow away enemies.

Music: Time to Repent

Ideal placements on the board bring the pieces to life… That is art at its highest form. Do you remember our promise? You become my playing partner so that I can research new moves… In order to do so, I would like you to start off by learning the basics of shogi. May I ask you for a match right now?
>Hang out with her
Well then, I look forward to this match.

Music: Wicked Plan

You think to protect yourself with that paltry defense? Hahaha… It’s useless! Awaken, dragon! Let your shadowy hellfire consume them all! Dark Inferno Rook!

Hifumi’s such a fuckin’ dork. She’s great.

With an incompetent king, a soldier cannot show his true bravery. Time for you to suffer!

...Check.

I’d watch this anime, sure.

It’s an embarrassing habit I have. During a match, I, um… I tend to get very aggressive. It’s as if I assume the role of a queen of a kingdom...

...You’re a strange one, indeed. My father had me do image training exercises when I was younger, to help me learn the rules… I gradually began to view the shogi board as if it were my own kingdom… I had fun coming up with stories and strategies for my, um, subjects… However… I’ve heard that people make fun of me on the internet.

People think I’m weird, or that I’m an otaku, or that I’m just crazy… I mean, I can’t blame them… Certainly, I think I’m weird too.

Your positivity is… a welcome relief. I may be able to learn more from our matches than I thought.
I can sense a deep bond of trust from Hifumi...

That will do for today.

Do you read weekly magazines…?

Um, well, I’m doing a photoshoot for one...

I thought you’d be surprised if you saw it on the newsstand, so I wanted to let you know beforehand. In all honesty, I’m very reluctant to do it… But… Maybe if I can draw more attention to shogi, maybe the sport will become more popular… At least, that’s how I’m justifying it to myself… I have an interview scheduled for tonight as well, so let’s end here for today…
I feel like playing with Hifumi has helped sharpen my Knowledge...

Maaku gains Knowledge +1.

Until our next match. Goodbye...

By the way, Kaneshiro’s deadline is this weekend, isn’t it? His change of heart draws near…

Wait, there was nothing explicitly tying the change of heart to the deadline other than a bullshit gameplay contrivance, Yusuke! You’re breaking the masquerade!

The Phantom Thieves will be even more renowned than before when this goes public.

This is true… With the added attention, we may receive more requests on that message board. I think we should take care of all the cases we have now while we still have the chance.

Music: Tokyo Daylight

>Hang out with her
Thank you. It will be nice to have you there when I talk to her. Wait for me in the student council room. I’ll call her in.

Both myself and Hamiru-kun here saw you there. Based on where you were heading, we assume you’re working at a store called the After School Salon. How is it, working there?

Music: Wicked Plan

Whaddya mean? It’s just a normal cafe. They make me wear a costume and stuff, but that’s it. Oh, and I don’t hafta do anything weird, if you know what I mean. It’s all totally legal.
Hm. So you’re sure nothing strange is going on?
Yup yup, the worst I get is some weird old guys gawking at me.
I see… Beyond that though, why are you working there? ...How’s your financial situation?
Uh, fine? I mean, I can just ask my parents for cash whenever I want.
O-Oh, I see...
But they’d totally bug me about what I’m buying if I did that. That’s why I work at the salon. I got some good spending money, plus the guys who come in there like, mega pamper me.

It’s nice having people treat you like you’re special, y’know? I’m sure a super honor student like you gets that all the time though. Anyways… are you gonna tell on me? You even brought a witness today… Hold up, doesn’t that mean you were in Shinjuku together? What’s up with that, Miss Prez?

At any rate, don’t mind him. As for you… I don’t plan on telling anyone.
Ohhh, I get it! So we’re like, protecting each other’s secrets? Oh crap, and I just realized your boyfriend’s that rumored criminal… You’re a real badass, Miss Prez!

I was just worried you were getting wrapped up in some shady business, so I asked him here for support.
Hmmm… Eh, whatever. Btdubs, I was wondering...

Huh? You know Buchimaru-kun…?
I had like, tonnns of Buchi stuff back when I was a kid. What a blast from the past! Wait, why’s it so beat up!?
Well, it was given to me when I was still in elementary school… I’d like to buy a new one, but they’ve stopped selling Buchimaru-kun merchandise.
OMG, this is too hilarious! The student council president has an adorable pencil case? My image of you has done like, a complete 360 today.
Um… isn’t that a full circle?

that’s why they call it the xbox 360

Mmm, I dunno, I’m just real surprised. You don’t really look like the kinda person who’d be into that stuff. I mean, I always thought you were kinda like a robot, but I guess I just had to get to know you better. Hey, why don’t we trade phone numbers!? I really wanna talk to you more about Buchimaru-kun… and your boyfriend.

Wait, he’s not my boyfriend...
Aaand saved! Oh crap, it’s this late already? I’ve gotta get to work. I’ll send you tons of pics of my Buchimaru-kun collection later though. Bye byeee!

Music: Alright (Elp Version)

Honestly though, I’m in shock. She thought I was a robot...

Now, I know you want me to pick “Beep boop,” and trust me, it’s killing me that I can’t. I’ve picked that option before, because it’s amazing, and I’d do it here but I can’t, because Makoto gets mad at you and you don’t get any points, and we need those points to unlock the next rank. All she says is “Don’t tease me!” which isn’t worth spending an extra day unlocking the next rank. Still, Makoto needs to loosen up, because if she can’t appreciate how funny “Beep boop” is, that’s a real shame.

You know, I believe what Takao-san said about me is how others think as well. I thought I had changed after the incident with Kaneshiro, but perhaps it wasn’t enough… That aside, it was almost inspiring to meet someone so distinct from myself. I’m going to try to look at things a little differently from now on. And, well… I think that will help me break out of my shell. I hope you’re ready. I’m going to show you how useful an honor student can really be.
I can sense a quiet resolve from Makoto...

Perhaps I can correct her misconceptions about you… And as always, I’ll let you know if anything important happens. Well, see you later.

Today, we’ll be sharing the story of a woman who was a victim of such fraud. After she was scammed out of her money, she became emotionally unstable.
Emotionally unstable…? Those scammers are relentless...

We haven’t been here in a while.

Maaku gains Proficiency +2 and 3600 yen.

I’m changing my lesson for today. Instead of a regular class, we’ll be reviewing last week’s materials. I suggest you listen carefully. But don’t think you can slack off, OK? I absolutely won’t allow it. No slacking off!
Kawakami’s graciously given us this free time, so we’d better put it to good use. So, what’s the plan?

Kawakami’s giving us some time off in her own class, finally.

Is this book really about cleaning? Or is it training you to become a monk?

We should thank Kawakami for this later.

Or can we?

Maaku gains Guts +1 and Knowledge +3 from the rain.

As before, the ISP has confirmed that this was the result of an external attack. After examining the methods used, it’s likely the attack was by an anonymous hacking group.
An attack by hackers? Does this kind of thing happen often around here?

I need to tell her to lay off with the double entendres, this is really bothering me.

Would you like that for 5,000 yen?
>Call her over
Thanks for always requesting meee. Well then, please wait for me till I get thereee!

The second e in “there” is silent! You can’t emphasize it like that! I refuse to put up with this tomfoolery!

*cough* *cough*

Oh, and Kawakami’s dying, I guess.

Music: Break it Down (Elp Version)

You listened to… my secret. I’ve been feeling more at ease since then. I’ve never been able to tell anyone about it, so… I figured I should actually do some housekeeping today, to say thanks...

Sorry… I need to take a break...

Ughhh… I’m at my limit. Sooo exhausted...

Sorry… I can’t stop coughing...

*cough* Haha, just kidding! I just wanted to slack off a bit. I mean, there’s nothing left for me to hide from you, so the truth comes out, you know? Now that I think about it… I’m glad you’re the one who found out about me being a maid. Are YOU going to be all right in this dusty room? And have you been eating well? You need to eat fresh vegetables, and none of that instant stuff. Vitamins are super important! You’re going to turn out like me if you don’t take care of yourself!

That Kawakami is now mothering me is not making this situation any better.

I guess I should get more sleep. I feel all achy...

Takase-kun’s guardians said they need more money, so… I had my boss give me more shifts. I had to beg him for them, but...

Oh, it’s fine! Nothing you should worry about. I feel more at ease, now that I have someone who knows about what I’m going through. ...I’m talking about you.

...I don’t like where this is going.

I feel Kawakami’s trust in me strengthening...

Uh-oh, time’s up… *cough* *cough* I have to get to my next job, so I’m going to head out. Thank you for using our service...

Arist fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 22, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
...I don't think Yusuke has been getting his quota of swirlies lately. We should remedy this somehow.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Best Shogi Chuuni right there. And you did break my punny heart by not picking beep-boop. Happy now :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Hifumi is loving great.